BREAKFAST

Cassandra must have slept off sometime in the night because when she woke up, she was on the bed and the side which Eros slept on was empty. They had slept side by side with Eros clinging onto her like he was clinging to life. When she was done cleaning his wounds and got him to wear his pyjamas the previous night, they had gone to the room and Eros had pleaded that she stay with him for a little while.

She had never seen that part of him before and he looked like a scared child. She decided to stay by him and let him hold her until he was asleep, but she didn't know when she slept off herself and now it was morning. She sat up in bed, stretched herself, and yawned.

"Where has he gone to?" she asked herself as she got out of bed and picked up a note on the nightstand.

     Come down for breakfast when you are awake. Eros.

She looked around in surprise, her face crumpling in a scowl. Why was Eros being so gentlemanly? Honestly, she hadn't expected the task to be this simple, but he was making things way too easier for her and all she needed to do was play along. She folded the paper and kept it on the nightstand, tied her hair, and headed for the kitchen.

Eros was already seated in the dining when she came down. Her eyes widened at the variety of food on the table, and her brows creased into a confused frown as she took the seat adjacent to Eros.

"Okay, what are we celebrating?" she asked once she was seated.

"Good morning to you too. Hope you slept well?" Eros replied.

Cassandra smiled. "Yes, I did, what about you? How do you feel?"

"I feel better seeing you smile."

Cassandra flushed. She wiped her cheeks with her palms as if doing that would wipe away the rosy color. "So, why do we have so many breakfasts? Who is joining us?"

"Nobody. I prepared them all for you. I didn't know what you would prefer for breakfast, so I came up with this."

"You prepared them for me? You cook?"

"Never. I have the maids do it." He beckoned on someone, and a girl appeared by their side in no time.

Cassandra's heart rose when he said he prepared breakfast for her but crashed abruptly at his insensitive answer. He was just being annoying and sweet at the same time. The girl started to dish out the food, Cassandra was thrilled by his behavior and wondered why he changed abruptly, it was strangely creepy to her. She nodded her thanks to the girl when she was done dishing a particular food and watched Eros pick up his cutlery. She was so lost watching him that she forgot to eat.

"What? Don't you like the meal?" he asked when he noticed her watching him.

She caught herself ogling, blinked twice, and grabbed the cutlery in front of her. "Oh, I will eat now." She put a fork full into her mouth and nodded as she savored the taste. "Wow, it tastes nice, you shouldn't have gone through so much trouble to feed me."

"This is no trouble at all..."

"You are saying that because you did not prepare it yourself."

"Well, the maids are not complaining, it's their job, and they are well paid for it."

"I still appreciate your effort and I will still enjoy whatever you give me."

"Should I take that as a compliment?"

"You can try," Cassandra said with a smile. Eros stared at her as she smiled and chew her food. "So, I heard that you are getting therapy."

Eros' face dropped immediately. "I will kill Javier next time I see him," he muttered before looking at her. "No, I'm not."