Chapter 7

"There are potatoes, newly dug." Su Rian said, a little uncertain. Farmers like them almost treat potatoes as three meals a day, but Xue Wenhan...

Su Rian raised his head and glanced at Xue Wenhan, only to see Xue Wenhan's eyes lit up, "Okay, that's all, let's fry potatoes."

"... I don't have... oil at home." You shouldn't be used to boiled water like that, Su Rian said politely.

"No oil?" Xue Wenhan raised his eyebrows, his eyelids twitched, no wonder Su Douzi is so short and small, can you not be short if you eat something without oil and water every day? !

"No." Although Su Rian was a little embarrassed, he still said the truth.

"Then boil it directly. I remember boiled potatoes are also good." Especially the ones that are cooked and cracked, they are soft and delicious.

He used to love to eat.

Moreover, just now Su Rian said that the potatoes were newly dug, and the newly dug potatoes would taste better when boiled.

"Okay." Seeing Xue Wenhan talking so well, Su Rian smiled happily. Then get up and go to the cellar to get the potatoes.

Because the food does not grow well, potatoes are almost the staple food of the people here, and there are basically three meals a day on the table.

People are also planting a lot, and they have dug cellars and put them in there when they have nowhere to put them. The cellar is not only convenient, but also warm, and it can prevent potatoes from freezing in winter, which is very popular.

After digging the potatoes, except for the few I eat on weekdays, I put the potatoes in the cellar and take them when they are needed.

Su Rian also put some outside, but if you want to cook it, the amount is still a little small. Cooking potatoes wastes firewood. Basically, everyone will cook more at one time, and then they can eat them even when they are cold.

Sudouzi likes to eat cold potatoes.

Of course, the hot ones are preferred.

Su Rian got up, but Xue Wenhan didn't sit. Originally, Xue Wenhan wanted him to go down to the cellar, but Su Rian looked at the clothes he was wearing: "Forget it, such long clothes are not suitable for work. "

Listening to Su Rian's words, Xue Wenhan looked down at the long gown on his body and smiled.

Not really suitable.

Inexplicably, I thought of what Kong Yiji said, only rich masters and poor and sour show can wear this kind of long gown that is inconvenient to do anything, and the hardworking public basically still likes short shirts.

Because of convenience.

Therefore, long gowns and short shirts are also an important basis for distinguishing identity.

Thinking about it, Xue Wenhan shook his head and smiled, without reluctance, and said, "Then be careful." Then he let Su Ri'an go down to the cellar.

"Don't worry." Su Rian's voice came from the cellar, which sounded a little different from speaking outside, "I go down a lot, I'm used to it, it's okay."

Xue Wenhan said "um" and stood outside the cellar wait for him.

About two minutes later, Su Ri came up with a half-basket of potatoes installed. Xue Wenhan saw it and hurried up to pick him up. Su Ri settled for a moment and wanted to say something, but in the end he didn't say anything, he just said, "Put those on the ground first, and I'll go get some." Because it was too heavy to carry, he pretended to be a little less.

Xue Wenhan glanced at the potatoes in the basket, said "um", then dumped the potatoes on the ground and handed the basket to Su Rian who was still in the cellar.

After laughing.

This kind of life... is actually not bad.

Under the east fence of picking chrysanthemums, he can see Nanshan leisurely - although there are no chrysanthemums, he has potatoes;

Isn't this a place specially prepared for his carpenter Xue?

After picking up the potatoes and washing them, Xue Wenhan couldn't help at all when the potatoes were boiled, because he couldn't make a fire.

Su Rian had already said that it was not suitable for men to stay in the kitchen and let him go into the house, and now he is not allowed to stay.

Xue Wenhan had no choice but to go back to his room in despair.

In the room, Su Douzi slept more soundly, and he didn't know what a good dream he had, dreaming of something delicious, and his mouth kept chewing, which made Xue Wenhan want to laugh, and reached out to touch him. He had already been wiped clean, but And a scarred face.

The little guy might feel uncomfortable and move, Xue Wenhan thought he was about to wake up, but fell asleep again.

The potatoes were very fragrant, and the fragrance wafted over early. Xue Wenhan sat in the room and couldn't sit still, so he went over, "Are you ready?"

Su Rian said with an "um", "It will take a while, wait. Just burn this firewood and be bored for a while."

"Mm."

Xue Wenhan said "hm", but thought to himself: Why is it so troublesome, he used to think...

Forget it, it was the past. Not to mention.

Although it can't reach the point where the limbs are not diligent and the grains are divided, it is not much better than that.

Thinking of this, I thought of the unpalatable meal that Su Rian made, which was really unbearable. Xue Wenhan was worried: How will you live in the future?

Do you want him, who used to fry the kitchen, but can't even burn firewood now, to cook?

It's scary to think about.

No, I have to figure out a way.

What can be done?

Hire people, to hire people.

But only if...have the money.

Xue Wenhan silently took out the only 2,800 taels of silver left by Slag Gong in his clothes, stroked his chest, and said to Slag Gong in his heart, "You did this good thing too.

Didn't spend all the money.

After eating boiled potatoes for dinner, I slept. Early the next morning, Xue Wenhao told Su Rian to go out to town.

I came back at about noon. When I came back, there was a couple in their thirties and forties, and a little brother leading a horse.

There were two bags of things on the horse's back, and I didn't know what they were.

After pushing the door open, Xue Wenhao came in first, and then greeted those people to come in. As soon as they entered the door, the man in the couple quickly took off the things from the horse's back and asked Xue Wenhao, "Master, where are the things?"

Slag Gong had prepared the kitchen when he built the house. Xue Wenhao He pointed to the kitchen at the farthest corner of the row of rooms: "Let's put it in that room." The

family also hired servants in the previous life, and Xue Wenhao was very easy to summon people, and it was not awkward at all. Afterwards, Xue Wenhao took out a few copper plates from his pocket and gave them to the little brother, which was the toll.

The little brother had heard Xue Wenhao's generosity, and he would only take a few taels of silver when he saw the copper plate in his hand. He didn't react until Xue Wenhao asked him, "Is there anything else?"

Xue Wenhao gave it right, even more than others, but... my little brother just felt uncomfortable.

But this kind of thing, I can't do anything if I'm uncomfortable, I sighed and nodded, said a few words about the scene where I have something to look for in the future, and led the horse out.

Seeing the little brother's back, Xue Wenhao didn't know what he was thinking.

But he is not the bastard he used to be. If he has the money, he might as well buy a set of clothes for Su Rian and his son. Thinking of the clothes, Xue Wenhao asked the woman in the couple: "Aunt Fu, where are the clothes I bought?"

"It's in the bag, I'll go get it for you." Aunt Fu said, and the person had already left.

When Uncle Fu came back, Xue Wenhao pointed to the room next to the kitchen, "Uncle Fu, you and Aunt Fu will live in that room from now on. Go and clean the room first, where's the broom..." Xue Wenhao As he spoke, he pointed to the broom standing by the door on the eaves porch, "Call me after cleaning, and I'll get you a quilt."

As soon as Xue Wenhao's voice fell, Su Douzi put on a face that was barely intact . Yawning and staring, he walked out.

Seeing Xue Wenhao, he shivered at first, and then seemed to think of something, and shouted to Xue Wenhao, "Daddy."

Xue Wenhao said "hey", walked over and hugged Su Douzi .

When Aunt Fu came out with the clothes, she was shocked to see a child who was wearing tattered clothes, with a bandage on his head and no good skin on his face, calling the owner "Daddy".

I thought to myself: Could this kid be picked up by the owner?

After thinking about it, I think that the owner is so charitable, it is very likely that he picked it up, but even if he picked it up, it would be the young master.

It is also for them to serve, didn't you see that the owner bought so many expensive snacks and clothes for the children?

Every piece of clothing is made of good material, slippery and soft.

Undercoat, coat; tunic, dark brown, all are ready.