48 New

A/N: So... people!
I know, hadn't updated in a long while.
I was deciding on leaving the fic but also wished to complete this, searching for some sort of inspiration and then this person - @jasontoddss comments, which made me continue.
Thank you for that.
I hope I do complete it.

IT'S CHANGED! (SNILY)

CHAPTER 48 New

It was for a while they had stayed like that, clinging to each other as their lifelines... naked. Yes, they still had their clothes pushed in a corner while they were lying on the floor, bare-skinned with their heads kept on one of their robes. Severus kept stroking her back, absentmindedly, trying to take in every inch of herself... to lock her in his very mind and heart. While Lily, snuggled deeper in his neck, breathing deeply in his scent.

Her eyes snapped open and she looked up at Severus, who had a small smile fixed on his lips, making her do the same. She then brought her hand up and patted his cheek, making him open his eyes and look down.

"Don't you have to get out of here, mister?" she raised an eyebrow.

"No..." he whined and held her closer, closing his eyes.

She pushed farther though, rolling her eyes. "Sev! People must be looking for us! We need to get out!"

"Is it necessary?" he mumbled, seeing no point in her words.

She huffed but said in an overly-saccharine voice. "Yes, Mr. Who-looks-adorable-when-blushes"

He blushed as if was proving her point and making her laugh. "Lils, please, can we stay here for a while longer?"

"Sev...!"

"Please!"

"Okay," she agreed and reached her hand behind his shoulders, feeling him before giving him a light kiss on the chest.

"Sev...?"

"Hmm?"

"You would never cheat me, will you?"

He frowned worryingly and looked at her. "No, absolutely not and you know that. What did even give that idea to you?"

Lily shrugged. "I was just asking... like if I get angry at you or if we have a fight, would you leave me forever?"

"Never, Lily, I-" he suddenly paused, eyes wide.

She looked up at him anxiously. "I what? Complete the sentence, Severus. Have you already done something that you mustn't be doing?"

He looked away, not holding the courage to look into those truth-seeking green eyes.

"You are scaring me, Sev! Say something!" she urged.

"I-I... I might have kissed someone else... when we were not talking" he said, shame and disgust for his own self covering his face.

Lily looked at him with her mouth agape. "You cheated on me?"

"No! Lily, no, please, let me complete! It was a... Slytherin thing that I did, just get to make a deal"

"That is awful, Severus..." she whispered, her voice showing a very implicit accusation. "You kissed someone, played with someone's feelings for work? Isn't that insensitive?"

Unconsciously, Severus' hold tightened on her, as if he was afraid of her being taken away from him. "That wasn't my intention, Lily... I admit I was wrong but it later became for a reason"

"Severus, you hurt someone like that and you expect me to think that it serving a purpose to you clarifies everything?!" her eyes shone with angry tears. "On top of that, I simply know that your loyalty to me wasn't a priority to you!"