52 Avada Kedavra

IT'S CHANGED

Chapter 52 Avada Kedvara

Selene shook her head and looked at Severus. 'There is almost no other way, and we don't have time... and someone has to do first. And don't worry Lily, your Sev is good at occluding,' she winked.

Severus blushed and got nearer to his duplicate. 'Sorry, mate...'

To which his duplicate rolled his eyes. 'Come on, we haven't gotten any more time...'

Severus blinked. 'You could talk?'

'Faster!' the duplicate roared, taking the goblet off his hands and chuckling all the potion in. That made Severus' head spin. The smoke of darkness passed through his eyes, and he blinked to clear his vision. He couldn't keep his legs steady on the floor but he took the goblet from his duplicate's hands, filled it again and gave it to it again.

It was almost dissolving. He felt like his insides were wavering. His mind seemed to wander in every direction, even in the ones he didn't wish to.

Selene must have noticed it because she placed her hand on his shoulder. 'Occlude, Severus! Now!'

It was the only push he needed because all of his energy got directed towards his force of blocking everything out. His head seemed to burst open but soon it was over. His lungs contracted and expanded to take in air to breathe.

'Good...' He looked at his side and Selene was smiling. He looked around to see others' horrified and shaken faces.

'Not as bad as what Crouch did... but yes, it is...' he said.

'I'd go next...' Selene said, catching the goblet in the right time as Severus' duplicate vanished in thin air.

'Umm...' Shane began.

'I am not listening to your pregnancy rules and protocols... this wouldn't harm as my duplicate is having it and... you can shut up...' Selene went on, cutting him.

'Okay,' he quietened meekly.

So, Selene took the goblet, lowered it in the basin and filled it to the brim before giving it to her duplicate who was looking bored. Without a single distinction in her behaviour, she also took it for the second time. And... it did nothing either.

'Wow...' Austin commented. 'You made it look like a stroll in a garden...'

Selene chuckled. 'Have been learning occlumency since two... yes, Charm, before you began... so, obviously, had to be an expert in it...'

Charm narrowed her eyes. 'Fine, then, I can do it too... and better than you did...' without any further delay she, took the goblet from Selene's hands, filled it with the potion and gave it to her duplicate.

'Ooh...' she exclaimed. 'That was something...' and after that came the next one before which her duplicate vanished. 'Merlin... interesting...'

'I can still say wow, Charm...' Austin stood with an impressed expression, gracing his face.

Charm flipped her hair back. 'Well, didn't I tell you, I am good at it...'

'Yes, okay, Charm...' Selene rolled her eyes before sobering and looking around at the ones who were still left at doing this. 'Perhaps, we three can have the rest of the potion too... don't you think so? I mean... you three would need occlumency...'

Lily, Austin and Shane sighed and folded their hands their chest in despair... or perhaps, were they bracing themselves?

Shane stretched his arms and flexed his neck before taking the goblet from Charm's hands. 'Come on, this Ravenclaw isn't afraid... let's do it...' just as he dipped the goblet in, Selene poised herself. He gave it to his duplicate and suddenly his mind went blank and black. He couldn't think of anything, all he was capable of was drinking the potion. Soon, he was going for the other one. He could only see, hear, taste, and feel, but none of them was getting processed in his mind. It was like there was a barrier between his mind and the senses. His duplicate had also finished the second part of the potion and nothing came to his mind. It was still black and blank. Totally.