Pesky Rumors

Pretend. That is the thing he had to do now. He wasn't bad at it; however, it had never been so planned before. He had to make things up and spread rumors. That would bring dementors in the school, so, that they'll be able to destroy the Horcrux. The plan to do so was interesting and made him gleeful.

He was sitting in his dormitory, the newspaper thrown casually on his bed. He was occasionally nodding or making a one-word comment over whatever chatters his dormmates were indulged in about the Triwizard Tournament. He had to stop himself from rolling his eyes on the topic. He was absolutely against the entire thing.

He casually grabbed the Daily Prophet from his bed and turned to first page. No one paid any heed to him, he spoke nevertheless.

"Herbert Wilkes has broken out from Azkaban. You-Know-Who suspected behind the break of his follower" He read. "Obviously. Do they not know how to make an article?"

The Dark Lord's name and the attention to him. Right.

"Wilkes broke from Azkaban too?" Avery stepped closer peering into the newspaper.

"And it's in the newspapers too?" Mulciber rounded and sat on Severus' bed, next to him.

Rosier snatched the paper from his hands to get a better look and Severus only smirked.

Afroze pasted an uninterested look, but even a blind could tell that he was highly focused on what they were talking about.

Just then the several knocks came to the window. Afroze opened it and four owls zoomed in bringing the same newspapers. They gave the owls knuts and took the newspapers from their legs, allowing them to fly out again.

"The Evening Prophet" Afroze said.

"Wilkes actually did break from Azkaban" Rosier spoke in astonishment.

Severus sneered. "So, did you think I was lying?"

"No, Severus!" Mulciber assured hastily. Trust him to go with emotions, Severus smirked internally. "Just making sure"

Severus hummed. "Poor Potter" he sighed, showing his proper mocking distress.

Avery frowned. "Potter? What has he to do with this?"

Severus laughed, mockingly. "Don't your father tell you anything, Terrance?"

"What?" Avery took the offence. "What do you know and I don't?"

Severus laughed again, shaking his head. "Who helped the Aurors to catch Wilkes?"

"Who did?" Avery frowned.

Severus raised his eyebrows, mocking him, but it was Mulciber who answered.

"Charles Potter" his eyebrows vanishing in the hairline.

Realization dawned to them.

"Wilkes wants to kill Potter?" Afroze almost shouted. And if he believes it, Severus' work was half done, he smirked.

"Isn't that obvious?" he said scornfully.

"He could have better done that in the vacations, why now?" Mulciber asked, innocently, Severus never understood him being a part of the Muggle slaughter.

He at least had prepared for this question.

"Who is the castle?" he asked, letting them get their own answer.

"Dumbledore. And that is why it is unsafe for him to be here and it makes Alvin's point totally valid" Rosier said, giving a side glance to Severus.

"Haven't you heard that keep your friends close and enemies closer? The very same theory. Who is going to suspect him hiding under Dumbledore?" he answered casually.