Part 3

It had been a week. One week since Karan had arrived in this institution. He hadn't done much like I had thought he would. He just went along with all the rules and did was he supposed to, not causing much trouble. Most people would have mental breakdown sometimes in their first week. But I already knew that Karan wasn't most people. He was much different. Always going with the rules. That should have been comforting but it scared me to death. I am used to patients going crazy screaming things, yelling, trying to attack you. I knew what to do in those situations and how to react. But Karan seemed too obedient, following along and doing what he was told.

Insane people don't do that.

Karan's behavior told he wasn't scared. He was up to something and that horrified me. I was thinking all this sitting in the nurses station and the door creak open to reveal sister Geeta who was head nurse here. She had long grey hair, pale skin and was around 60 years old. "Hey Mrs. D'Souza wants u to go deliver breakfast to room 500" she said. We call them room but they were more like prison cells. I nodded and got up. Grabbing a tray of food and began walking towards the room. I couldn't remember who was in room no 500 but I will find out soon. I slid open the heavy door and walked in. What I saw almost made me drop the food.

This was Karan's room. He was seated at the edge of his bed hands resting on his thighs. He was staring at the ground and look like he was deep in thoughts. His hair was pushed back on his head. He heard me come in and his head snapped in my direction. He gave a smile and I smiled back. I didn't know where to place his meal and felt awkward so I just kind of stood there. "Here" he said as he got up and came towards me to get his food. I instinctively took a step backward so I was against the wall. He deeply chuckle at my reaction and came even nearer. I gasped as he got closest possible proximity. I tilt my head to look at his face. His eyes were as beautiful as angel. There was smirk plastered on his face. " Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you " He spoke his words slowly.

"What's your name?"

Tejasswi Words quickly slipped through my lips. He leaned close a little too close. He slowly brought his lips down to my ear and I could feel his hot breath tickling on my neck. "I'm Karan" He whispered. I just nodded. My heart was racing a million miles a minute. There was a killer just inches away from me. There is no telling what he would do but to my surprise he did nothing. Just stood there.

"May have my food now?" He asked. That smirk still on his face. I look down to realize I was still holding a tray so hard my knuckles were turning white.

Su...Sure I stuttered as I pushed it towards him and ran out. I could hear a deep chuckle coming from the room and I quickly ran away flustered. I was upset that I let him intimidate me and that I cowered away from him. It showed I was weak and vulnerable and that wasn't good way to be around ruthless criminals. I was little shaken up as I entered nurse's office how could Mrs. D'Souza have ordered me to go to that room with no protection. No guards. He could have attacked me or ran out of the room at any moment and I would have been helpless. I walked into the office and found sister geeta helping a schizophrenic patient who has drowned. Her own body.

"Hey you ok? You look like u have just seen a ghost". She noticed.

"No I'm fine" I lied.

"I need to go to the bathroom " I said as hurried out of the room.

"Okay but hurry back. We have to do check up today" She calls back.

I groaned. We have these days once in a month when we check up on all of the patient's physical health. I took my time in bathroom fixing my long black hair and adjusting my uniform. After I was done in the bathroom I took seat back in the office.

"Hey u just missed the new guy. Karan" Sister geeta told me.

" Woah Thank god" I said.

"Why? You don't like him?" She asked

___________________________________________

Hope y'all like this chapter and story:)