Part 9

After half an hour of thinking I got back to work and took all the thoughts away. I finally reached the cafeteria for supervision. I immediately spotted Karan sitting on the table. I walked towards him and sat in front of him on the chair. His beautiful eyes locked with mine and his lips turned into smile.

"Well if it isn't Tejasswi" His voice was more deep and rough than usual "Decided to come back more I see" He said and I laughed at him.

Go grabbed the card Karan I said

"So same game again Hun?" He asked.

I thought for a minute trying to think for something. "How about Rammi?" I asked.

"How to play?" He said.

"You are 27 and you have never played Rammi before?" I laughed at him.

"You are 23 and you never had a boyfriend before?" He mocked.

Ugh he was so obnoxious. I felt a blush creep through my cheeks again.

Can you stop doing that? Damn you are so annoying I said raising my voice.

"Well I can't be that bad considering you are sitting here with me right now" he said with a smirk.

"I'm not here for you" I shot back. "I'm here to correctly judge your level of sanity so I can find out more about your victims" I said.

He shook his head. "No you are here to decide whether I'm guilty or not. Being guilty and being insane are two different things" He said

"Well this hospital is place for both. So I just assumed they go hand in hand with you" I said

It must have hit him in the heart because his eyebrows knitted together in a serious expressions and his voice lowered. "Well don't assumed anything about me okay? You don't even know me so stop acting like you do" he said

"What are you talking about?" I asked

"Nothing. I'm just sick of you always looking at me like I'm some kind of freak. Like I'm fucking scum. Like you are so much better than me just because I'm locked up in this place. You are not smart as u think you are" he shouted.

"Well what about you?" I protested. "You look at me like you have something on me. You have that stupid fucking smirk on your face all the time as if you know something that I don't and I hate it. And maybe I'm better than you because I didn't kill three women". I exclaimed. My voice is getting much louder.

By now Karan's expression almost scared me. He was furious. "Well if I'm so disgusting. Why are you still sitting here? Why don't you go do your fucking job? I don't want to play cards anymore". He said shoving the cards away. He turned his head to the side as if he were refusing to look at me. He looks so mad almost as if on the verge of crying. His eyes held sorrow like he was truly broken inside. As I got up to walk away. I felt guilty. I shook my head realizing how hypocritical that sounded .I always cared for patients emotions. I always thought people should not judge them rather try and help them and now here I was being nothing but hostile to the patient. I walked away hopping tomorrow would be better.

One week passed during this period I got closed to Kunaal he was really sweet and loving. He always cared for me. Always wanted me to smile. I was beginning to like him each time I spent time with him.

Next morning I headed towards the nurses office ignoring all the thoughts about Karan, Kunaal and the nurse whom I met near ward D. I was just walking and I noticed Aada coming towards me."Aada". I exclaimed

"Hey Teja. Where have you been" she asked.

"Working" I replied with a shrug.

"Well they must be keeping us busy because I haven't seen you like forever" She said

"A few days. But yeah" I laughed.

Adda being senior nurse she has much more responsibilities like counseling patients and giving them medication on time.

So what have you been up to in the past days? I asked

"Not much " she said though her eyes darted around for a moment as if she was worried about something

"How about you?" She asked changing subject.

I bit my lower lip. If I should say anything about Karan. But I told her anyway explaining each conversation between me and Karan.

"Wow" she said in exasperation. "Well this is awesome" She said.

"Umm. I wouldn't consider myself lucky. I would love to talk to him and get inside his mind. Find out what he is thinking" She said. She always loves to study the insane and find out what made them this way.

"You haven't seen him in your office yet?" I asked

"Yes of course I have. But he so close off. He doesn't talk much to me. He is very smart " Aada said  Well alright I'm going to be late. I will see you later  She started to walk

"Wait I have to ask you something" I called behind her back

"Well even I want to tell you something. But I'm really getting late. I'm sorry". She said walking away.

That was really strange. I wanted to ask her about Sister Emily and WARD D. Curiosity was eating up at me but I didn't have time to fallow her. Time flew by and it was noon time for lunch. It was my favorite part of a day. It was funny how I always seemed to be reluctant to see Karan. I stepped into the cafeteria. My eyes once again scanned for him. But he was nowhere to be seen. So I snatched up the cards and sat on the usual place. It's been 10 minutes now with no sign of him. Where could he be? Will he talk to me after what i told him? Was i too harsh? I was just thinking just then he walked through the door.

__________________________________________

Karan & Teja' First Fight😬

Adda- Karan? Kunaal- Teja? 🤔

What do you think about Tejasswi' like- hate towards Karan? 😓

Hope y'all like this chapter✨

Spread love<33