56

I felt a finger on my lips. It was Sunny. "Shh" he laughed. I breathed a sigh of relief and laughed a little. Not wanting to miss the golden opportunity, we connected our lips. One of his hands was on my waist and the other was holding my jaw while I was caressing his hair. He moved away a little and breath with a grin. "Hi baby"

"Hi" I giggled and then kissed him again.

Suddenly we heard footsteps. Sunny held my hand. "Come on" he whispered breaking the kiss. He immediately pulled me to the end of the shelf. Our backs were pressed against the tall wood. I covered my mouth with my hand and Sunny mustered up courage and looked at that person. It was a guard who was looking for the source of the noise that we were making. He passed by us but did not see us because we were out of his sight.

"Phew" Sunny said taking his lower lip between his teeth and looking playfully into my eyes. "What?" I asked "Come with me" His hold my wrist and pulled me to another shelf in the back of the room.

"What are we doing?"

"Looking for a book" he replied looking at the shelf. His eyes were drawn together in concentration. He was really adorable. I picked up a few books but after reading the summary I put them back, there was nothing interesting in them.

I looked back at Sunny, he was still searching. I couldn't help myself, so I kissed his cheeks. He smiled and turned towards me but before I could react, he pulled me towards him with one hand and put other hand was at back of my head and pressed his lips to mine and gave a strong playful kiss. Then he kissed my forehead and then on my cheek. My other cheek. The tip of my nose. My neck and then my forehead. "Stopppp" I giggled.

He laughed and went back to find the book but this time he had a smile on his face. We both searched and finally a book caught my eye. And the words were written on it "Don't Turn Around" I went to reach it but Sunny reached at the same time. His gaze flashed towards me and he quickly moved forward and grabbed it from in front of me.

"Ugh Sunny I want that one"

"But you were too slow"

I rolled my eyes and looked for another book."Okay. It looks good anyway" I said grabbing the other book. "The cold blood"

Sunny looked at my book. "Whatever you say babygirl" he said with a sigh.

'The Cold Blood' sounds much better than 'Don't Turn Around' I said.

"No. It dose not"

"Yes. It does"

"Fine. I'll finish this book tonight and you finish that one and tomorrow we'll decide which one is the best. Deal?" He said amused by my competitiveness

KARAN POV

NEXT DAY
After Dhara, I never thought I would find love again but then Tejasswi completely wiped me out. I couldn't stop myself from kissing her all over her face and adoring her cute antics. This proves that there is always a second chance. But there are some things where we don't get a second chance or we don't want to take a second chance, for example getting out of this mental hospital. We have to do it at once. We need better planning. If we get caught then the it will be over. I was sitting in the nurses' office for my checkup with sister Geeta.

"Everything looks good Karan"

I wanted to ask her about our escaping plan but Anna was standing near and I couldn't do it in front of her.

"Thank you. But before I go, can we talk?"

"Of course" Sister Geeta nodded while sitting on her chair.

"alone?" I signaled and Anna looked at Sister Geeta. Sister Geeta nodded at her and she exited the room.

"Tejasswi and I need to escape" I said as soon Anna went out

"I know" she said and I was surprised.

"What do you mean by you know?"

"I know that neither of you belong here. I am old but not blind Karan"

"So will you help us" i asked eagerly.

She nodded "Oh thank God. Aada is helping us in getting the map but we need more than that. We need something to distract the guards. First we need a way out of our room and then to the exit" I told her.

"It's not as easy as you are thinking Karan. You have to listen to me first"

I know it's not easy and I am sure there's something on her mind, the way she is speaking. She gestured me to come closer and I leaned towards her a little. "Look, there was a patient who escaped from this place 20 years ago and I know how he escaped" Goosebumps spread all over my body. If he ran away then why can't we?

"How?" I asked her eagerly.

"There's an underground tunnel in one of the bathrooms. But—" She stopped.

"But what?" I asked.

"That's in Ward D"

My body shook with fear. I remember the day I went to Ward D. It's like going through hell but I will do it. I will try my best to leave this place.

"Okay I will make it to the tunnel and I promise that I will protect Teju with my life" This was a promise to myself that I have to protect her at any cost. "But how will we get out of our room" I asked.

"Do you remember when the power went out a few months ago and everyone was everywhere because of the automatic door system" She asked. I nodded, trying to understand what she is up to.

"You will cut off the power while we escape?" I asked to clarify.

"If that helps?"

"Yes, it would. I mean there are still a lot of things to plan but if you cut off the power, that would be great. Thank you very much" I thanked her.

I can't believe this is going to happen. Laddoo and I will be free in a few days but we still need to come up with more distractions, routes and ideas to ensure our safety. When I was taken to the cafeteria, I saw Teju and Aditi at our common table. I sat next to Teju, placing my hand on her thighs.

"Hey baby"  I kissed her cheek.

"Hi" She replied with a breathtaking smile. I was ready to talk about books but I noticed Aditi's worried expression.

"Is something wrong?" Tejasswi asked her before I could ask her.

She quickly scanned the room and then asked worriedly. "Where is Riya? She was not here yesterday either"

"I don't know, maybe she is somewhere here"

"No, I don't think so" Aditi said.

"When was the last time you saw her?"