Part 28

TEJASSWI POV
I told her everything. Everything from the beginning to how I escaped and got here. I know he can't find me here because he didn't know this place.

"We have to inform police" Adaa exclaimed. She was shocked and scared too. "We can't let that sick bastard get away with this" she said.

She had a point and I was thinking the same.

"Adaa the guards are appointed by the chief police plus we don't even have any evidence" I said.

"So what we supposed to do. Let him get away with it?" She yelled her voice rising.

"No that's not what I said. Look I want him get arrested but I want to do it right. If we go to the police now with no evidence they won't believe us. We need some solid proof to convince them. We can't get him any reason not to believe us. I don't want to mess this up and let him get away with it" I explained.

Adaa signed with a huff but then nodded knowing that I got a point.

"Shit So Karan really is innocent" she said and my heart raced with mention of his name. He was right about Kunaal. I just want to run and tell him everything what Kunaal did. I know he will protect me in his arms. But if I tell him for sure he will become a killer. No doubt he will kill Kunaal.

KARAN POV
The heavy door dragged open revealing my guard Paras. "Time for lunch" he said. Same day. Same room. Same walls. Same window. Same bed. Same lunch there was nothing I could do new. I was started to lose my hopes. If I wasn't already insane sure I am going to be, if I stay here any longer. The only good thing for me was Tejasswi. I open my eyes just to see her. I sleep at night hoping I will see her tomorrow. She served the purpose of therapist by not being the therapist. I really needed her or I will go crazy. I was not feeling well since yesterday. I need to see her. I need to reassure that she is fine. But I will not talk to her today.

"Karan" Paras barked and I stood up and walked into the hallway. Corridor was full of patients and guards. I walked silently into the cafeteria. I stepped into the cafeteria and there she was picking at her nails while she waited for me. I pulled up the chair beside her as she looked up with a smile but it wasn't her usual smile it looks slightly off. But I didn't ask her about it.

"Hey" she greeted

"Tejasswi I am not gonna talk to you"

"Umm why? What did I do?" She looked sad

"Seriously, Teju. You are asking me what did you do? I told you to stay away from Kunaal. Didn't I? But you never listen to me. Why will you, who am I to you huh?" I almost yelled at her.

"What are you talking about Karan" She was scared.

"Kunaal. Don't act like you don't know anything. Don't pretend to be innocent Teju. You went on a dates with him. You two go home together everyday. And where did you go with him in his car yesterday? His house? I have seen everything with my own eyes Tejasswi. Even a kid can tell that you two are a thing. Why are you playing with my feelings Teju. I thought I had that much right to know what was going on in your life but I was wrong. Maybe I am nobody to you but you are my friend Teju. It hurts to see you with someone else. You know, since yesterday I have a feeling that something is wrong. I was scared and at that point all I wanted was to see you, to know whether you were okay or not, but you were with him. You don't care about me, but I can't stop thinking about you. I feel like a clown right now. It hurts Teju. It hur-ts dam-n i-tt" I choked saying that

"Sorry na Sunny. I will never do that again. I never thought that my actions were hurting you. I would never do this to you, it wasn't intentionally. I swear to God. Talk to me please. I will always listen to you. I will stop talking to Kunal and won't even look at him. Promise" Her eyes became glosy

"Sunny?" She called me but I remain silent.

"Sunny? Look at me na. Please talk to me" and here I melted. I love it when she called me sunny.

"Hmm" I wanted to hug her but choose not to.

"Will you forgive me if I make your favorite pasta?" she asked innocently kissing my cheeks.

"Deal" I smiled and wiped her tears.

"What's your last name?" I asked before she said anything.

"My last name?" she repeated as if it was odd question. I nodded.

"Prakash" she said

"Tejasswi Prakash" I repeated her smile seem to grow more genuine as I said it.

"Umm Karan" she said.

"Yeah?"

"I want to ask you something?"

"What"

"I can call you sunny na?" She asked innocently.

"Yea ofcourse sweety" I replied in very sweet voice "but this is all you want to ask" I asked rising my one brow.

She blushed for a few seconds hearing her name but then her expression changed. And her eyes scanned my face before she spoke. Her voice getting little quieter.

"Why didn't you just say that you were innocent from the beginning?" She was curious.

"Because if I say that I'm innocent and get me out. Yell or scream people here will restrict you more. When they know that I am a killer. At least they will get scared and not mess around me" I said she listened in fascination what I spoke and I love that. But her face slightly fell.

"No I didn't mean that I was being fake" I said quickly trying to reassure her.

"All the things what I have told you is real" I said wondering she will think my whole story was for show off. She nodded but didn't fully meet my gaze.

"Sweetie look at me" I pleaded and she did.

"Don't think for a second that I haven't been myself around you. That's not what I meant. I am just saying that I try to be little more intimidating around other patients. That's all" I hated the desperate tone in my voice. But I needed her to fully trust me. She looked at me for a moment and I couldn't read her expression. I waited patiently for her response.

"So you really are a provocative sarcastic asshole then?" She finally said.

I looked at her for a second as a grin broke out on her face. I laughed so loud that everyone was looking at me but I don't give a fuck. Then Tejasswi laughed too and it was such glorious sound.

"Just kidding" she giggled and suddenly she stopped laughing her expressions took a serious look. She looked straight into my eyes.

"I am going to get you out of this place Sunny. I promise" She said.

I nodded at her almost whispered words knowing I wanted nothing more than to leave this place and part of me hoped that she will come with me. I would go with or without her but it will be magical if she comes with me. I reached for her hand under the table. When I didn't find it I looked for it and was shocked. All of my movement halted when I saw her bruised hand. Marks and cuts all over.

"What the fuck are they?" I shouted

___________________________________________

Thank you for all the love and support. It really means a lot to me🥺 I hope you'll love this chapter as the previous one❣️

I've write this chapter last night and didn't check so it may have grammatical mistakes.

Tysm again, and please vote and comment🥺✨