Part 52

KARAN POV
The night was dark. I was lying in my room. There was something on the mattress that I didn't notice until I tried to turn. Several straps were attached to each side of my bed, which were crossing my body. Every part of my body was pressed under the straps. I felt numb. Suddenly a bright light flashed. I heard the sound of footsteps. I looked across the room and found a beautiful figure before my eyes. Dhara. Her brown hair was messy. Her lips were pink and her skin was lightly tanned. She looked more beautiful than I remember.

"Dhara?" I called out excitedly forgetting for a moment that I was stuck there but no sound escaped my throat. My voice stopped as soon as I started screaming. I screamed her name over and over but she didn't notice. But she did notice something else. Something on my right side. Whatever, whoever it was she seemed afraid. Her eyes were wide and her body began to shake.

"Dhara. What's wrong?" I asked, again I went unnoticed.

The frightening thing finally came in the view. Definitely a person, a man. His back facing me as he walked towards my Dhara. He was wearing a kind of police uniform holding a knife in his hand. It was Kunaal. He approached Dhara but she didn't move. This time I shouted at him. I just kept screaming & screaming. But not a single voice escaped. Then a wave of electricity run through my body. The pain was unbearable and was not ending. But even in that pain I could only see Dhara. Kunaal was standing near her. He brought his knife to her throat and I screamed at him but to no avail. The more I moved the more it hurt but what was happening to Dhara was worse. Kunaal stabbed her throat and fresh blood started coming out and now she was crying. She was screaming by my name. Though she still did not see me. Baby, I am trying my best. I wish I could save you and I'm so fucking sorry. I was trying hard but the restraints and the pain were not letting me move. And then her scream turned into deathly silence.

Now she was no longer Dhara. She was Tejasswi and Kunaal was no longer Kunaal. He was bald headed Vishal. And I was still Karan. But the thing with Teju was that she didn't stop screaming. Now the knife was in Vishal's hand. He inflicted a severe wound on her neck and it started bleeding. She's cried and screamed but she didn't die. And I tried so fucking hard to save her but the straps didn't even budge.

I tried to do something but Teju ignored my efforts. She kept crying and crying and by this time I was crying too. And then something strange happened Teju stopped crying, her body was lying on the floor. And the Vishal was no longer Vishal, his body had become lean and his hair was black. This man began to turn around. He was looking at me now and I could see his face. My face turned pale with fear, I realized that the man was me. And suddenly I could move. There were no straps. I screamed and screamed because my voice finally worked. I opened my eyes, although I didn't notice they were closed. Fuck. It was just another dream. But my cheeks were still wet with tears. I was breathing heavily. Tough it was a dream but I can't hurt my Laddoo. I will have to protect her.

TEJASSWI POV
I decided not to tell Sunny about whole Vishal Incident. Instead of sprouting more enemies upon Sunny and risking his chances of getting into trouble I would just keep my mouth shut. He was sitting next to me staring somewhere in the air. He looked exhausted and a bit sad. "Hey" I said bringing him back from his thoughts.

"Hey" he replied. He brought his hand to my cheek and pressed his lips onto mine roughly but he pulled back quickly. His fingers dragged lightly from my cheek to my neck, then to my collarbone, then shoulder. Then up and down my arm as if to make sure I was actually there.

"Are you ok?" I asked him softly.

"Laddoo you know I would never hurt you right? You know that I love you and I will keep you safe no matter what?" He asked. His eyes were sad.

"Yes Sunny. Of course I do. Why would you even ask?"

I placed my hand on his cheek for comfort. "Is something wrong?" I asked. When he didn't answer I rubbed circles on his cheek with my thumb.

"Nothing" He reassured and looked down. "I am just uh- I am having some nightmares" he said and I could only imagine the horrid things lurking in his dreams. I remember the day when he first had it. I was about to ask what was it about but something stopped me. I had to take the second look just to confirm but it was real. Riya had just approached our table. Antisocial Riya is sitting with us. When she spoke, her voice was small and whispery but full of confident.

"I am ready to talk" she said. Sunny and I exchanged glances clearly surprised. "About him" Riya continued when neither of us responded.

"About who?" Sunny asked. Her wide eyes looking at his face.

"The one. The one that knows my name" she said her voice wavered slightly. Sunny nodded. "He wears one of those uniforms" she said nodding towards the guards. "He is one of them or maybe he is all of them" she told us but we were not getting anything what she was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Sunny softly asked.

"Sometimes he has dark hair and dark eyes but not always. Sometimes his eyes are green" she said I puzzled trying hard to understand what she was saying but Sunny doesn't look confused.

"How does he know your name Riya?" he questioned.

She looked down at her lap as she whispered quietly. We could barely hear her tiny voice. "He comes to my room sometimes"