Part 7

I got up and moved through the people. Feeling numerous pairs of eyes on me, I felt like a patient when I sat down. After couple of seconds everyone's eyes got back into their own mind. Karan sat a little closer than I had liked. But I made no attempt to scoot away my chair. My eyes followed his large hands as they moved to shuffle the deck. Somehow even his hands were fascinating. At that moment I began to think maybe I too belong to this institution. I'm going crazy. I hated this person and now I was being captivated by his hands. I waited for him to distribute the cards but he was no in hurry. His dark eyes watched me thoughtfully as if he was making his mind about something.

"Are you single Tejasswi?" His question took me by surprise.

"What?" I said

Karan crossed his arms on table and leaned dangerously close. His warm breath felt on my neck.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

I couldn't believe he was asking me about my personal life with the utmost confidence.

"I bet you haven't. Have you? "

He was right I haven't but I wasn't going to divulge that information.

"Do you want to be loved Tejasswi. Don't you want someone who can make you feel special?" He asked.

His voice was low, almost a whisper. As he spoke his fingers touched my hand slowly. If his goal was to provoke me it had been more than accomplished. I felt my cheeks heat up and knew they must be bright red as I batted his hand off me and shoved him away. Karan chuckled knowing that he had embarrassed me. I didn't know what his intention was but I knew he wanted to get me flustered. I wasn't about to let him win and walk away though. I would stand my ground.

"Deal out the cards Karan" I grumbled before he could ask anymore question. He remained still continuing to look at me with intelligent eyes.

"Fine I will do it". I snatched up the deck and gave each of us a same amount of cards.

"Got any fours?" I asked.

His usual smirk returns as he scanned through his cards. "I win" He said.

I grabbed the cards from him to look how he won so quickly. I collect all the cards to shuffle again but my mind was elsewhere as I decided it was time for little provoking of my own.

"So tell me Karan. Do you feel bad for actually peeling the skin off of three women, knowing that their families are at home crying in grief because of what you have done"? I asked

"I don't feel least bit of regret" He said.

"You are sick" I scoffed in disbelief

"Am I?" He asked.

"Maybe I don't regret it because I never even touch those women. Maybe I'm innocent" he said.

"Are you?" I asked

"What do you think?" He said.

I eyed him contemplating my answer. "Well I think you are guilty. You wouldn't be sitting here if you weren't" I said and Karan nodded as if he expected that answer.

"How about this, I will give you one month. You come here play cards with me and talk to me everyday. Get to know me better . Then in a month u can decide whether or not u think I'm guilty and if u get it right I will tell u what really happened to those women " He explained. 

"Ok you have a deal if u promise to stay out of my business and keep your hands to yourself then I will consider coming back" I said. Karan nodded in satisfaction.

"Alright sounds good. But Uh.. Will u do me a favor? " He asked

"Well it depends what's the favor? " I wonder.

He lowered his voice and leaned in "Can u tell our stalker over there to stop glaring at me like he wants to rip my head off?" He asked. Raising his eyebrows towards the person at the back. I spun my head around to see who he was talking about. Karan had been referring to a Kunaal who was a guard here and was good friend of mine . I turned back to Karan to meet my eyes to his. "Well u can't blame him. It's not very often that u see an employee sitting down having a friendly chat with a psycho" I said

"Wow so I'm a psycho now?"

"When aren't you? " I asked.

"Well I knew you thought I'm crazy but doesn't a psycho feel little harsh? "He asked.

" No the term psycho isn't an insult . A psycho is merely a person suffering from chronic mental disease with abnormal and violent social behavior like you .... So to answer your question it doesn't seem that harsh" I said.

"Wow No wonder you are single. You are a nerd" Karan exclaimed too loudly.

"Would you stop?" I glared him

"Oh baby" he said as his lips turned into smirk. 

"I'm just getting started" he said.

___________________________________________

Flirt Kundrra 😌

You think Karan is innocent? 🤨

Who is Kunaal?🤔

Last Update of this year 😊

Hope y'all liking this story:) not getting any reviews so just wondering should i stop writing this though i have already write half of the book in this vacation

Anyway A Very Happy New Year in advance ✨💃

Spread love <3