Part 30

"Tejasswi tell me what happened with Kunaal and I want every detail" He asked and I told him everything. I started from the ride to his house, then his lie about petrol. The mysterious room. And how I escaped from his house. Karan managed to remain calm while listening but his body was getting tensed every now and then. After I was finished he didn't speak for a while and neither did I. It was him who finally broke the silence.

"You kicked him in the groin?" He asked and I nodded grinning.

"Good that bastard deserved it" He smiled But once again our smile faded and sunny's eyes became serious. "I have to get him Tejasswi. You know that. Don't you?" He asked. The slight nod from my head was the only confirmation I gave. He stood up from his bed beginning to pace in the small room

"I just don't know how?" he said.

"Whatever you do. Just don't go and beat him up. It will only put you in more trouble and will make Kunaal seem even more innocent. You have to wait" I told him.

"Did you go to the police?" he asked.

"I can't. Not right now. I need some solid evidence first. I don't want to screw this up" I said and his anger returned back and his jaw clenched.

"But he works here Teju. He can do anything to you and you can not even tell the warden because that bitch is his mother" He said shaking his head in disbelief and frustration. He reached his hand up and hit the wall hard out of anger " Fuck" he shouted and I jumped a little.

"If I would have fought a harder. I would have saved her" he said and I immediately understood he was talking about Dhara. Had he been there when she got killed?

"What do you mean?" I asked

"We got in fight" He sighed hand dropping from the wall.

"Who got in fight?" I asked again.

" Dhara and I" he said leaning back against the wall. "We got in fight that was mostly my fault and then she left she walked out and didn't come back. The next day I woke up and she still didn't come. I went out looking for her but when I didn't find her I thought she- she will never come back because of my shitty life. She deserves better than me. You know?" He said and I just nodded. His eyes were glossy and voice shaky.

"The next day police came to me saying they got her body. She was dead. They said she was with me before she died and her father had reported that I killed her. If I would have found her that day she would have been alive now laughing and giggling with me. But I have to fuck it up and she is gone now. I have to kill that bastard Tejasswi. He took Dhara from me and he can't take you away too" he said. It was then that I realized sunny felt guilty.

"Sunny" I softly said walking over to him. "It's not your fault" He nodded but didn't seem convinced still looking at his shoes. "Sunny look at me" I said he shifted his gaze from the floor to me. Eyes staring into mine. "It isn't your fault okay?" I said again. "It's Kunaal's fault. You didn't kill Dhara he did. We going to get him the right way where he can rot behind the bars for the rest of his life" I said and he nodded like a kid.

"But if I see him I might not able to control myself. Especially when he looks at you. I don't know if I can hold back" he said

"Well try to at least until I get you out of here which I will do. I promise"

"But what if that gets you in trouble? He can attack you easily because he knows his mom will cover him up" He asked worriedly.

"I don't know. I will carry a pocket knife. I will find a way to take care of myself but I can't sit here and do nothing sunny" I stated my voice so desperate and frustrated.

"Yes you can. Don't get involved with Mrs. D'Souza or anyone for that matter. It could be dangerous. I will do it. I will handle Kunaal myself" He said

"No sunny. You can't just kill him" I yelled to prove my point. He was treating me like a child. Like he is my father and knows everything better than me but I am not going to listen anyone. I am going to get him out of here no matter what.

"Tejasswi listen to me. You can't just run around collecting evidence and trying to break me out of here with Mrs. D'Souza and Kunaal around. Don't you think they will get suspicious?" He said loudly

"Lower your voice" I almost yelled defying my point. We were standing very close to each other. My voice getting much to Louder. "He is not going to jail on his own sunny and I can't just let you get punished at his expense again" I said

"I don't fucking care anymore Tejasswi" he said trying to calm himself. "I just need to get rid of him. I can't lose another person I care about" he said voice dropping to a whisper. He stepped closer to me. Our chest almost touching as he looked down at me. "I don't want to get out of here if it means putting you in danger"

"Well then what do you want Karan?" I asked.

The next word he spoke was soft "You"

___________________________________________

Karan still love Dhara? Then what he feel for Tejasswi? 🧐

What will happen next?

I hope you are enjoying the story. If you're liking it then please vote and comment 🥺✨