Part 18

"What do you miss most Karan?" I asked knowing how sad he looked while thinking all this. But after so long I got change to talk with him properly.

"Everything" he said simply. "Just a little things like being able to choose what you eat each meal. Getting to choose what you want to do every day, to choose what you wears. Just having choices in general" He said and I nodded hanging on to every word his mouth speaks. I loved when he talk.
" And I miss being able to see my family. My friends" he continued. "Oh and French fries and pasta. God I miss white pasta...i miss my dog. My bed. Games sports TV beer" he said.

I completely drowned in his eyes as he locked his with mine. There was a cute normal innocent boy behind this insane criminal. I really don't think he is a murderer. Karan and I snapped our head up to find Kunaal in full uniform looking down at us.

"Oh hello Kunaal" Karan greeted him.

"Hi Kunaal" I smiled

"Hey" he grinned. "I just wanted to come over here and see if you are ok. You didn't come back to the cafeteria the other day" He said.

"Oh sorry about that. Actually I got some work that day" I lied.

"Oh okay" Kunaal smiled.

He seemed like wanted to stay and talk but Karan's 'CAN YOU LEAVE NOW' type expressions made him leave but before he turned around he said. "We are still up for dinner on Friday. Right?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah" I nodded. I actually forgot but now I remembered that I have to go for dinner with him.

"Cool" he grinned

"Cool" I laughed.

I turned to look at Karan and I found him staring at me with his mesmerizing eyes. He glanced at me and Kunaal.

"So you two are a thing now?" He asked with blank face.

"No" I protested.

"We are just friend's Karan" I said and Karan smiled

**********************************

FRIDAY
So finally I went for dinner with Kunaal. We had quite good time laughing and giggling on our conversation but soon our dinner was coming to an end.

"Thanks for coming to dinner tonight Tejasswi" Kunaal said

"Of course I had a lot of fun" I said.

"Me too" he smiled.

"But I- um... I wanted to talk to you about something" he told me his tone becoming serious.

"What is it?" I wondered.

He glanced around as if someone will hear him. "It's about the killer in the institution" He said.

I sighed really not wanting to talk about it right now.

"Look Tejasswi I just really want you to be careful. I really care for you. And I don't want you getting hurt" he said.

I nodded. "Of course I will be careful Kunaal. Why you seemed to be so worried? Do you know who is he?" I asked.

He looked down not meeting my eyes. "I have a few ideas" he almost whispered.

"Who?" I asked getting worried now.

"Well I have been thinking" He said slowly. "And I'm almost positive. I know who murdered those women" He said.

"Who?" I demanded.

"I think- I think it was Karan" He looked at me his eyes finally meeting mine.

I was thinking whole night what Kunaal said make sense. Karan was smart and powerful. May be he is doing all this with the help of that employee. But as much as I wanted to believe that Karan is a killer it just didn't sit well. Something was off. My heart was not ready to expect that Karan was a killer. One part of me believes that it was Karan but one part of me knows that it wasn't Karan. I needed answers. Answers about Nikita. Answer about Emily. Answer about WARD-D and most importantly answer whether or not Karan is killer. And I can ask this to only one person, Karan himself. I knew this was stupid but now was losing my patience.

NEXT DAY
I took a seat on the chair in cafeteria. Karan must be late again. I rest my head on my arms as I folded it on the table. I was half asleep when my head snapped up as I heard someone approach.

"Nikita" Karan's deep voice spoke coaxing me out of my sleep." Nikita Arora" His eyebrows knitted together as he think.

"Yeah?" I asked rubbing my eyes. "What about her?" I blinked many times looking at Karan expectantly.

"What does she look like again?" He asked.

"Curly hair. Around 30. Dark eyes. Why?" I asked.

Karan looked at me seriously in some deep thoughts.

"I think I remember her" He said.

"Really" I almost shouted.

He nodded "She was very skinny right? She always has those bags under her eyes?" He said.

"Yes that's her" I exclaimed. "Thank God. I thought I was going insane" I said

Karan chuckled at my excitement. "You kind of look like her. You know" He teased.

"Damn did you get any sleep last night" He asked

"No" I complained shaking my head.

"I couldn't sleep" I said and Karan's eyes widen in shock looking at me in surprised expressions.

"You were with Kunaal last night?" He asked.

"No" I protested.

"I was not with him whole night" I said embarrassed.

"You are lying. Tell me that's a lie" he sounded sad.

I didn't say anything. I was starting at the wall thinking about what Kunaal told me the other day.

"Tejasswi look into my eyes and tell me you were with him or not"

He again asked and I just look deep into his eyes but didn't say a word.

___________________________________________

Kunaal is in love with Tejasswi?

Who will Tejasswi choose, Karan or Kunaal?

Spread love<3