Part 47

Not Proofread

KARAN POV
The room was quite. Silence slowly killing me while I wait for Tejasswi. She was laying on the bed in nurses office. Sister Geeta stood at the far not moving and speaking but I am thankful that she allowed me to stay here. Tejasswi will wake up soon and break the silence. I could feel her slowly waking up. Her fingers were making small movements, her eyelids fluttered every once in a while. I'm watching her carefully. I knew that she just had not drank or eaten much in past few days and sister Geeta had informed me that this was the exact reason for her to passed out. I hadn't noticed that she didn't eat at lunch either, and I didn't see her for breakfast and dinner. She was not eating at all. I had been too self absorbed trying to sort out things in my mind that I didn't even ask her how she was doing. It must have been difficult for her too. I should have asked her how she had been. I should have paid closer attention. There were a lot of things I should have or shouldn't have done. And due to my lack of care and reckless behavior may be she wouldn't want me here. She would back up and wince away from my touch. I wouldn't blame her though. My outcome was uncalled for and it shouldn't have happened. But really it wasn't me.

Something strange was crowded in my brain and it was trying to make their way out and I just let it out at some point but seeing Tejasswi's horrified face. Seeing her sink to the floor and cry in fear inflicted a kind of pain in me. A pain worse than electroshock and whipping. A mental pain was deeper that the physical pain. But at least my action had good outcome. Watching her crying was a shock for me and that shock ignited everything in me. I remembered Tejasswi's importance and I remembered why I was here. Every feeling. Every memory came back to me in form of bullet and hit me directly in the heart. The shock pulled me out and suddenly everything was clear. I felt myself again. The door opened and someone entered in. It was a new nurse who had come in Tejasswi's place. Her name was Anaa . She brought a tray of food and set it on the table. Three minutes passed and Tejasswi's eyes fluttered open. Her eyes scrunched up and she rub her eyes. Then her beautiful eyes opened fully and went to sister Geeta. Then Anaa and then me. I looked back at her and watched all my fear come to life as she moved her body away from me.

"How do you feel Tejasswi?" Sister Geeta asked going to her while Anaa followed behind her with food. I moved my chair back and left them to do their work.

"A little headache" Teju answered.

"Here This will help" Sister Geeta said giving a small bowl with food. Tejasswi nodded and ate some of the food.

"What happened?" She asked between spoonful.

"you passed out in the cafeteria due to lack of nutrition. Have you been eating lately?" sister Geeta said.

"I don't think I have been. I mean with everything going on I just sort of.. Forget. I guess" She said with confusion as if she didn't understand her own answered.

"Alright. Just eat this and please eat regularly. I know food here is not good. But you will passed out again if you don't eat" Sister Geeta said patting her head.

I desperately wanted to say something but I couldn't think of anything to say. At least not when sister Geeta and Anaa around. My presence was hardly acknowledge for next 7 minutes as Geeta spoke with Tejasswi while she ate her food and drank her water. Every so often Tejasswi would look to me for a moment and quickly look away. So finally I spoke once the bowl of food was empty.

"Sister Geeta?" I called and everyone looked at me in surprise like they had forgotten that I was there.

"Yes" She asked.

"Can Tejasswi and I have a minutes alone?" I asked. She looked at Tejasswi for permission. She better say yes. She knows she can trust me.

"Sure" Sister said apprehensively and looked at Tejasswi one last time.

"Anaa come on" She said.

Anaa looked confused probably wondering how sister Geeta can trust two psychopaths to be alone in nurses office. But they still left the room and I was silent.