Part 44

"No not exactly. He just lost the connection between his memories and his feelings. He might be able to remember the image of Kunaal but he might not feel the hate he had and he might not really remember what Kunaal did. And he will remember you but may be forgets the way he feels about you. It's hard to explain but when you will see it you will understand. Just take your conversation slow and be patient with him. He will ask a lot of questions. He will be confused on lot of things and he might not be exactly the same" She told me.

I closed my eyes in frustration and defeat. Tears started to build up again. "Not the same? Will he ever recover at all?" I asked my voice shaky afraid to hear the answer.

"Ohh yes" She answered confidently and I could feel the relief.

"it will take a while. May be few days or even few months. But knowing that Karan is pretty intelligent so I guess he will recover soon. He will be kind of like other patients confused and lost but more you talk to him the more he will remember. I am sure you can bring him back. In fact it is your love which will bring him back" she said giving me a small smile.

I nodded wiping the tears "Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?" I asked.

She thought for a while and shook her head. "Only if something shocking happens. Something that could trigger a lots of memories and sort of bring him out of that dazed state. May be but the chances of that happening are really few. You just talk to him, play games with him. Do anything that stimulates his brain" She said and I nodded reluctantly.

I don't know how I am going to see him in that state. I can't. I really can't. It will kill me to see him like that. Why Mrs. D'Souza is such a bitch. I wanted to scream and cry. I was sick of this never ending game. I was losing hope. May be we wouldn't be able to get out of this place ever. She will make us rot in here forever. But no. She can't win and I will not let her win. I am not weak. I have to fight with her. I need to find a way out of here for my Sunny.

"Am I okay to go back to my room now?" I asked.

"Yes let me call your guard and you can leave" She said adding a small smile.

"Thank you"

"You are welcome sweetheart" She said but the way she was looking at me I felt she wanted to say something more. "I am sorry. I am sorry about all this. You shouldn't be in here" She finally said.

"It's okay. It's not your fault" I assured her. She nodded and then her eyes looked into mine seriously.

"If there is anything I can do. Just let me know. Anything. You don't belong here Tejasswi. I will do my best to help" She said patting my shoulder.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea what these words mean to me. Thanks for helping me" I said keeping her words in my mind. Now we have Adaa and sister Geeta.

KARAN POV
Everything had an odd haziness to it and nothing seemed quite right. The edge of my mind were blurry and my thoughts were jumbled. There were things I couldn't remember. I tried hard to remember something, anything but I failed. I feel like I am drowning in sea of unfinished thoughts. Something had happened to me but I don't know what. I was missing something. Something that is very close to me. I sat on the table where everyone was wearing same color dress like a patient. Yes patient. I am a patient here but am I sick?

Suddenly I girl enter in a room wearing a same dress. She had dark hair. She walked towards me and I look down not wanted to interact. She sat near me. "Sunny" She said softly. I looked up in her eye when she call my name. There was something sparking, telling me to remember something.

"Sunny. Do you remember me?" She asked. Her eyes look nervous. Worried. Was she scared of my answer? Was she scared of me? She had asked a question. I nodded looking away from those eyes so I could think. I know her. I know her very well. She call me Sunny, I definitely knows her. Some memories were somewhere down in my mind.

"Tejasswi?" I muttered. She smiled with a relief. Nodding.

"Yeah that's right how do you feel?" She asked.

How do I feel? "Umm. Kinda weird" I answered honestly. "It's blurry" I pointed to my head.

I don't know how else to describe my state of mind. She smile so may be my answer was good. Although unlike her smile. Her eyes looked sad. Why was she sad? Before I asked her she asked me another question.

"Do you wanna talk about it or do you wanna play a game?" She asked. It seemed as she know me. I knew that something wasn't right and I tried to remember. I wanted to ask her for help. I wanted to ask her what happened to me. But instead of all I could mange was- "Cards" The words slipped from my lips.

"Okay" She nodded smiling again as she stood up and walked towards game table but her smile wasn't genuine and her eyes still look heartbroken. Was that because of me? She returned with card deck in her hand.

"We used to play cards a lot" She said sitting next to me.

"Do you remember how to play?" She asked. She was very close to me so that our shoulders were brushing and I like the fact that we were so close then I realized this is what I was missing. And while she was explaining the game I wasn't actually listening. I stared at her eyes. Her lips. Her hair. There was something about this girl. I couldn't remember anything since morning but I remember her name within seconds. That means she is someone really important to me.