Part 46

Not Proofread

TEJASSWI POV
The only person that I had in this lonely place was slowly returning to himself. Now he was smiling and his eyes was brightening again. Sunny was so close to becoming Karan Kundrra again. He was still confused but he was talking fluently without thinking. He was even making sarcastic comments. Mrs. D'Souza's plan was failing. Soon my Sunny is gonna come back. Today he came into cafeteria with wide grin. His hair was pushed back. I couldn't hide my smile when he sat next to me.

"hey" I said.

"Hi" He replied.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as usual to check his progress.

"A lot better actually" He said.

"That's good" I replied.

"Yeah now I can even feel anger. Hatred. Love. I feel more passionate towards certain things" He said.

"Love?" I asked couldn't hold myself back to ask him.

Sunny nodded slowly. His eyes fixed somewhere in the air.

"I remember feeling love. I can't really remember with whom exactly. But there was definitely someone" He said and my heart fluttered in my chest when he spoke and I couldn't help the excitement that rose up within me. Was it me whom he loved? Did Sunny love me? I didn't ask him much about it. Let him connect this whoever he is thinking about. I just hope that it would be me. But as I looked at him he was already distracted by the subject.

"Who is that?" He asked nodding at the table. There was girl sitting with black hair and black eyes. Pale skin.

"I have no idea. I think she is new"

She was sitting straight and looking around the room. I have never seen her before.

"Oh" Sunny replied

"She look different from the others" He said and she was really different. She looked clean and tidy. Her hair was nicely brushed. May be we can talk to her she may help. But not now. Let Sunny get better completely.

"Dhara" Sunny exclaimed out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked laughing a little.

"I remembered whom I loved. Dhara. I loved Dhara" He announced.

Oh right Dhara. How could I have forgotten? He loved Dhara. It was stupid to think he was talking about me. I mean we had been through a lot but he never confessed that he loves me. He always said that he loved Dhara. He didn't love me. He just like me. Even though Dhara was no more. I still felt hurt that he doesn't love me. He loves her.

"Yeah" I agreed half heartedly. A little disappointed or we can say heartbroken. "You really loved her" I said.

"I did. Didn't I?" He said happily smiling to himself.

But that smile faded and he looked down at the floor. His demeanor shifting to sadness. "But she is gone though" He said. That means he knew. He remembered.

"Yes" I said sadly. My heart ached for him and Dhara.

"Do you want something to eat?" I asked. I was desperate for change of topic. I couldn't bear to see that look on his face for any longer.

"I mean. I know you don't like the food here but if you are hungry-".

"I am" Sunny interrupted. "Skipped breakfast today" He said.

"Ok come" I got up from the seat and Sunny did the same. We walked towards the table and I took our plates full of food. We just turned around to walked back and then I saw him. For one week we were free from this monster. And I wasn't sure if he was dead or alive. Sunny and I both saw him now. Very much alive with neck brace and broken nose.

He had just walked in and stood against the wall chatting with another guard as if nothing had happened. The second Sunny laid eyes on him his demeanor grew angry. But then he turned to me. I don't know he remembered or not because Sunny didn't glare at him or didn't say any hateful words. He was just angry.

"I changed my mind. I don't want to eat that" He said.

"Karan you should eat something" I insisted.

"I don't want it" He repeated with little more force in his voice. But I was hungry and Sunny too.

"Let me just take it to our table and-"

"I said I didn't want it" Sunny shouted raising his hand up and smacking the plates out of my hands. The meal spilled all over the floor along with a plates. It took me completely surprised and I backed up almost against the wall.

"Karan Calm down" I pleaded shakily.

"Don't fucking tell me to calm down" He spoke angrily.

By this time everyone was looking at us. Silently watching the show.

"I said I didn't want it Tejasswi" He again shouted.

"Okay that's fine. Let's just sit back down" I said.

"Everyone is starting at me" He said looking around the room wildly. I held back tears as I watched all the hope I had mustered over the week evaporated. Sunny has lost it.

"Stop fucking staring" He screamed at the patients.

"I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. I don't want to be here. I am fucking innocent. Goddammit" He screamed the sentences out at the people in the room.

All he had gone through over the months seem to have caught up to him. His anger now boiling over. He turned in frustration and punched the surface behind him with such a force it shook the wall. But whether he meant or not the spot which he punched was just inch away from my head. I cried out in fear and sunk to the floor. Terrified of what he might do next. He had almost hit me. I set with my head in my hands and started to cry. But Sunny didn't make another move. No other sound was heard besides my sob, Sunny's heavy breathing and the guard's footsteps coming towards us.

I quickly looked up. Sunny was standing stunned. His eyes were wide. He was shocked at his own action. He stared down at me in horror.

"Tejasswi" He spoke softly. Voice dropping to whisper. Suddenly he looked too lost. So concerned and afraid.

" Tejasswi. I-" But he didn't get the chance to finish his sentence as two guards grabbed his arms. One of them shoved a needle in his neck for the second time in two weeks and he was dragged away. Although this time a small part of me wanted him to go. What the hell just happened? I wiped my tears away and tried to stand but I felt weak. My legs gave up on me. Suddenly I couldn't hold myself up anymore. I was about to faint. I fell backward and my eyes fluttered closed. My head hitting the ground before everything went black.