Part 25

TEJASSWI POV

"I miss her Teju" These words kept ringing in my head and I couldn't help but feel sad.

My heart ached because it felt something for Karan, something I had never felt before. An image of a cute little boy flashed in my mind. Tears were rolling down his cheeks as his uncle forced him to commit crime and beat him for not listening as he was told. He was scared. Lost. Alone. And finally he found a person that could make him happy. I don't know what I was feeling when he told me about her but I wanted to be that girl. The girl who was there for him at his worst. The girl who gave him happiness and made him forget his terrible past. The girl who was his favorite person in this world. "Ahh this is not right time to think about all this Tejasswi" my subconscious reminded me.

His happiness, his love was ripped away from him suddenly to make the matter even worse. He had to take the blame for her death when he was really the one that was hurting the most. As I looked in front of me I saw the same boy ripping his heart open in front of me. I got up as he was still sitting on the bed. My subconscious took over before I catch up, not even knowing what I was doing but doing it anyway. There were weird feelings that I couldn't describe. It gave me urge to reach my hand up and touch him. Even kiss him. He was crying and for some unknown reason, my heart broke to watch him in this condition. My hand rose up sliding into his soft hair. He looked up at me, his eye were glossy but they lighten up when they met mine. I was hell scared about his reaction on my act but he didn't pull away seeming to welcome my gentle touch. I stepped close to him until his head rested against my stomach and I stood between his legs. He slowly snaked his hands around my lower back pulling me even close to him. I didn't kiss him even though I wanted so badly. I moved my hand back and forth through his hair. The other hand rubbed his back to relax him. He snuggled more into me.

"I am gonna get you out of here. I promise" I meant every word. But our privacy lingered for more than a few moments. The wooden door creaked open and we abruptly broke apart as sister Geeta stepped in.

"So yeah your cuts all clean up and it's not deep enough for stitches. You are good to go" I ranted trying to diminish any evidence of what just happened.

"Thank you ma'am" Karan said as his lips tugged up in a smirk. I watched as he pulled his uniform up on to his broad chest. Sister Geeta's gaze shifted over two of us. Seeing Karan's grin, I grinned back. Her eyebrows came together. She may have some doubt but I don't care at the moment.

"I will see you later" Karan said walking out of the door.

"Bye" I replied watching him exit. Our past conversation seemed to have built a sort of bond like a rope that reunites us. How strong of a rope that was I couldn't be sure. Knowing that Karan didn't kill anyone gave me relief. But I was emotional wreck after hearing his story. I walked out of office with heavy heart. I wanted to cry my heart out. I hurried to restroom and bumped into Adda.

"Adda" I said realizing I hadn't talk to her in days.

"Hey Teja" She greeted with a smile.

"What have you been up to?" She asked.

"He is innocent" I said with a small smile.

It took her a moment to process this information. Her eyebrows come together in confusion.

"How do you know?" She asked.

I would just tell her but I felt Karan's words needed to be kept safe.

"I just know" was the answer I settled for

"Teja do you realize you sound crazy right?" She said

"Yes" I said knowing that it would take a lot to convince her. "But it's true. Adda you already know he is not like other patients and did you know what he did today?" I asked. Adda nodded her head yes. Someone would have told her already.

"Yeah he helps me to sedate Pooja better than the guards and he doesn't show a sign of insanity" I said proudly

"The best criminals don't" She said with confidence.

"Well I know he didn't kill anyone and I am going to get him out of here and show everyone the truth of this hospital and you are going to help me" I said in a one breath.

"No I am not" She protested. "Teja at least wait until you have proof. I can't help you without proof. And you need to keep your thoughts to yourself. If Mrs. D'Souza hears what you are up to it won't be good for you, for him or maybe us too. She is already suspicious of you two" she said. A cold chill ran its way down my spine.

"What do you mean?" I asked worriedly.

Adda signed and tossed her head over her shoulder scanning the corridor. "Come with me" She whispered as she grabbed my arm and dragged me to nearby supply room.

"What are you doing?" I demanded as she shut the door behind her back turning to face me.

"Just listen to me okay? You can't tell Mrs. D'Souza or anyone about this. Talking about getting someone out of here can get you into big trouble. You don't know what you are doing Teja". She said more seriously than I had ever seen her.

"And what kind of trouble Adda? Because you obviously know something that I don't know about this hospital or about Nikita or horrific stories and you haven't told me yet" I said matching her tone.

___________________________________________

If you like this chapter please vote and share your views ✨

Next part after 80votes
Spread love<3

Today was my first board exam and it went well. But it was a hectic and only writing gives me peace so I wrote the next chapter. it's almost ready i will update it tomorrow eve