Part 43

"I will fucking kill you" Karan's voice echoing through the corridor.

I was getting worried. People would come and Sunny would get punished to extreme beyond the imagination. But there was no stopping him. He was wild. Insanely wild. And for a moment I was glad. I wanted Sunny to kill Kunaal. But that want suddenly disintegrated when I thought the immense trouble he would get into. Sunny's fist came into Kunaal's jaw while he lied helplessly on the floor. He was punching continuously. At the end of Hall I saw three guards rushing towards us. I panicked. I screamed for Sunny to stop and screamed that there were people coming but he either didn't listen or didn't care. Soon the guards were merely feet from us but Sunny didn't stop. They had to physically rip him away from Kunaal. Before he could even protest the guard has needle in his hand. Sunny sucked in a breath as the sedative entered in his blood stream.

"Don't hurt him" I shouted as if they will listen to me. To make matter worse Mrs. D'Souza came. She reached us quickly and took a look at his son. Instead of getting angry. Crying or even rushing over to him. She remained calm.

"Take him to room 100. I will deal with him there. Don't start without me" She said sternly.

"What is room 100. What are you going do to him?" I scream my voice was more afraid.

"And take her too. Get her out of here" D'Souza ordered and one guard grabbed my right arm and two of them dragged Sunny behind Mrs. D'Souza. Sunny's body was slumping and his eyelids were closing due to the drug.

"I am sorry Teju" He breath whispering the words. "I am so sorry"

"It's okay Sunny. It was not your fault" I assured him. It wasn't really his fault. He tried to control as much as he could. But now I was afraid what Mrs. D'Souza will do to him. The whipping was too much to bear and anything worse than that was unthinkable.

"Where are you taking him?" I asked again. No answer.

"What is room 100?" I screamed again but still no answer.

I was absolutely not getting anything so I just walked in silence. After few turns we stopped. We were somewhere near the area that contains surgery room and nurses office. In front of us there was a white door with small black sign near the top written 100. "where are we?" I asked but again I got only silence. One of the guards knocked on the door and door swung open. Revealing a dark hair man wearing a lab coat. This could not be good. I was about to throw up any second. "Here Mrs. D'Souza wanted us to bring him to you. But she wants to take care of him. Told us not to start without her" The guard told him and the man nodded and they handed Karan's half unconscious body to him. Before I could even get the last glimpse of his face the door shut.

"Someone please tell me what the hell are they doing to him? What is this room for?" I shouted.

Finally one guard turned to me saying the words that I never wanted to hear "Electroshock therapy" Just then Mrs. D'Souza arrived ignoring us and quickly entering the room. Usually this couldn't be a problem. This therapy help Psychiatric patients to improve but Sunny was normal. He wasn't psycho that means D'Souza is doing it to take revenge. This is wrong. Terribly wrong. And when I heard Sunny's muffled cry of pain from behind the close door my legs gave up on me. Everything started to spin.

I awoke feeling exhausted. My eyelids heavy. I realized that I was laying in a bed that wasn't mine. I opened my eyes fully just to see white ceiling. I sat up eying familiar room. It was nurses office. And with that thought came the memories of Sunny being thrown in room 100. Electroshock therapy. I hope it was just a nightmare but no it was real and frustrating. I mean we can't have just one day to be somewhat happy. After I heard Sunny's muffled screams of pain. I banged on the door. Kicked it. Hit it with my shoulder. And last thing I remember, someone shoved a needle in my arm while I tossed and turned in guards hands.

"Oh you are awake" Sister Geeta said bringing me out of thoughts. I nodded and she walked towards me I didn't see any surprise in her eyes. That means she knows everything.

"How is Karan? Is he okay? What they did to him? How long have I been out?" I asked immediately.

"Relax Tejasswi. You have only been out since yesterday afternoon. Its 9 'o' clock in morning So not too long" She said

"And Karan?" I asked. Her eyes were worried that already gave me chills. She took a seat at the edge of the bed.

"He is okay. For the most part" She said and I gave her confused look. "He is okay physically but Mrs. D'Souza. Sshe- she turned up the electricity really high on him" She said.

"What does that mean?"

"It means his mind is jumbled. His brain had really intense waves. It was enough to shake his brain. Everything gonna be little fuzzy for him for a while" She explained.

"What does that mean fuzzy? Did he lose his memory?" I  was getting more worried by the second and I was nervous to hear her answer.