Part 17

As soon as I took her name Mrs. D'Souza's expressions changed. Might be stress but her expressions immediately returned to cold again. She remained silence for a moment then looked me dead in the eye.

"You must be mistaken Tejasswi. There is no patient here by the name Nikita Arora" She said

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. That can't be true." Mrs. D'Souza I'm not disrespecting you but I know her. I talked to her many times before" I said.

Mrs. D'Souza continued to argue with me as I argued back. She kept telling Nikita doesn't exist and that was bullshit.

"Look into your files. Her name is in there. It has to be" I said and she actually laughed at me.

"Tejasswi dear. I know all that goes on at hospital. I am a warden here. I have eyes and ears everywhere. I know every staff member. Every patient and I can assure you there is no single person called Nikita. You must be seeing things. Are you feeling alright?" She asked with not an ounce of concern in her voice.

What the hell. She was lying. She had to be. There is no way that Nikita was my imagination. I agree that I saw someone call Emily doesn't exist because I never talked to her before. I never saw her before. But Nikita I used to talk with her. I know her very well. Sister Geeta had seen her she just doesn't remember. I walked out of the office. I ran and ran, not sure where I was going. This was way too much. Was I really going crazy? Was I seeing things? But no I saw her I talked to her. It was real and not imagination.

Hours and days passed I was still thinking and thinking. I asked Adda but she always excuse the matter and tried to change the subject which was a little strange. I had also tried to ask other patients but it was useless. So now I was desperate to know everything and only one person that could help me. Someone who was intelligent and always one step ahead. Someone who thankfully being released from remand today. And that someone was Karan.

I waited impatiently in cafeteria for Karan. He came 15 minutes late. His hair falling on his forehead and coffee mug in his hand. I don't know what I had been thinking that he would appear with dark circles his eyes. Tanned skin and maybe greasy dry hair but the opposite seemed true as he approached the vacant seat next to me. He look more and more beautiful everyday and always have glow on his face. His eyes glittered as they met mine. I really missed those eyes. He opened his mouth to speak something. But before he could say something I asked.

"Do you know Nikita Arora?" I said

"Well hello to you too" he said with his usual smirk.

"Hi... Do you know her?" I pressed further wanting to get answer as soon as possible.

Karan slowly leaned back thinking as he touched the coffee mug to his lips and took a sip of his coffee.

"Who is this again?" He asked

" Nikita Aarora. Dirty curly hair. Dark eyes. She is patient here" I told him

He thought for a movement. Eyebrows knitting together as he tried to remember. "No I don't think so" he said after about a minute.

"Why?"

Shit so he didn't know her. He was my last resource. What was I suppose to do now? I signed. "Well there is an employee who work on other floor and I saw him take Nikita into the surgery room when he wasn't supposed to"

"Do you think he could be a murderer?" He abruptly asked

"No I don't think so. Because I went to ask sister Geeta about Nikita and she doesn't remember her then I finally went to Mrs. D'Souza and she claimed that there is nobody here by that name but Mrs. D'Souza knows the employee so probably he is not a killer" I finished