Part 23

The girl Pooja began to talk loudly and much quicker now. "I gotta get out of here"

This time Karan took a notice too. Looking over at the girl suspiciously. "Is she ok?" He wonder and suddenly the girl stood up. "I have to get out of here" Pooja screamed.

Everyone's attention turning up to her. "I have to leave. Get me out" Her voice was hoarse and laced with fear and she clenched her hands into fist. Pooja grabbed the chair and threw it to the side making everyone jumped... "GET ME OUT" She screamed knocking her tray of food off the table.

"She needs to be sedated she will hurt someone" I said standing from my chair and rushing over to her. The way she looked at me made me nervous. I wouldn't be able to hold her alone especially when she was shaking and screaming.

"Somebody help me" I demanded calling out to any of the guards but surprisingly Karan was the first one to my side grabbing Pooja's arms and pulling them behind her back before she could react. She jerked in his grasp but he was too strong I immediately reached into my pocket to remove the needle full of sedatives that I carry with me all the time. Even in Karan's tight hold she was moving too much and it was different for me to inject the drug. I needed her still, I was thankful when Kunaal and the other guard finally rushed up.

"Let go. We have got it" the guard told Karan. His bright eyes met mine and for a moment I forgot where we were completely drowned in his beauty. He was asking permission with his eyes. I nodded knowing the guards could handle it.

"Karan we have got it" Guard said again and Karan did what he was told but before Kunaal and the other guard grabbed hold of her she reached out with the hand holding unknown object. She raised her hand screaming "GET ME OUT"

It was then I finally saw what she was holding in her hand, a large rusty nail. In one swift motion she plunged it into Karan's chest when she turned dragging it across the skin. I gasped as Karan's face twisted in pain. The guards were finally able to grab her hands. No matter how badly I wanted to help Karan, I knew I had to take care of Pooja first. Finally I was able to inject drug into her neck immediately calming her down. Her breathing slowly steadied and she slumped back into Kunaal's arm.

"Alright take her to sister Geeta" I instructed both of them nodded.

"You alright?" Kunaal said before leaving

"Yeah" I said and they proceeded to drag her away to nurse's office. I finally turned my attention to Karan. He had his hand on his bleeding chest.

"Are you okay?" I asked walking over to inspect the wound.

"Yeah I am fine" He said his voice holding no pain.

He was so strong. He had been first to my side staying calm and knowing exactly what to do. He was amazing.

"Come on" I signed "Let's go get this clean up" I rested my hands on his lower back in comfort.

"What happened?" Sister Geeta asked worriedly as soon as we all entered in.

"There was a little incidence" I answered and explained her everything. Guards kept Pooja on the bed comfortably.

"The drug should keep Pooja passout until I get back. I need to report Mrs. D'Souza about this. Can you take care of Karan" she asked? My eyes darted over to his tall figure beside me.

"Yeah I will take care of him" I nodded.

She thanked me and left the room leaving me and Karan alone. And unconscious Pooja laying few beds away.

"You can take a seat right there" I said mentioning to the bed behind him. He sat down on the bed " you have to umm....... pull down your" I said mentioning towards his blue uniform.

His lips turned into a smirk as his long fingers started to unbuttoned his uniform. Holy shit. I turned towards the drawer gathering all the material I would need. When I finally faced him again I actually held my breath. The jumpsuit was pulled down leaving his chest exposed. That would definitely distract me while doing my work. His collarbone was prominent and under that strong broad chest. His abs was perfectly toned. That was enough to make me weak on my knees. I cleared my throat in attempt to make me out of these thoughts. I walked over to him and sat on the chair in front of him. "Ok I am just gonna clean this up" I informed him trying to be as professional as I could. "This may sting a little" I said. I poured some disinfectants on the cotton and pressed it against his wound. He sucked in a sharp breath and winced. "Sorry sorry. I know it stings. Just give it a few seconds" I said. He nodded and closed his eyes.

"That was amazing what you did" Karan said

"Me?" I smile "that was nothing but thanks" I said.

"No I really mean it. You wasn't scared and handled it really well Teju"

I looked up from his chest to meet his bright eyes which were dancing with adoration. And my cheeks turn crimson red. I looked down and continued cleaning his wound.

"You were pretty amazing yourself" I told him.

"I don't remember any murderer helping out like you did" I half joked.

"Yeah" He said looking down at his wound.

"About that. It's been well over a month Teju" He said and I gave him a confuse look.

"What?"

"I mean the time is up. You know me well enough. What is your opinion?" He asked lips turning into small smile.

It was then I finally remember our conversation before a month. He had asked me whether or not I thought he is guilty and now this was time to decide. I think a court had decided that he is insanely criminal and put him into mental hospital and it was wise to trust them but I had seen more of him than that. I have seen him inside out. And I think he is not murderer.

"You are innocent" I said and part of me always knew that. I didn't meet his gaze as I said it. I didn't want to look in his eyes afraid of his response. Afraid that I might be wrong.

"You really believe that?" His voice almost a whisperer.

I nodded still not looking at him.

"Tejasswi look at me" He softly pleaded. He placed his finger under my chin gently lifting it so my eyes will meet his gaze. They were so bright and beautiful.

"You are right" He said as if tremendous weight had been lifted off his shoulder. It was truth but then why he was here? What really happened to those women?

"I think you owe me a story" I said hoping he will answer all my questions.

___________________________________________

Tejasswi finally believed Karan is innocent💃

What will Karan do now🤔

Are you excited to know Karan's story? 😗

I know, I don't show Karan-Teju much but each and every character is important for this story. But I'll try to add their moments more🙂

If you like this then please share your views and vote⭐

Spread love<3