Chapter 36 - Dear god

Dear god that meeting was the saddest thing ever, it was just a bunch of old guys trying to persuade me to invest in their business for the drug trade. I put in the money so they can be able to start to produce it and my men handle the business on the streets.

I have people calling me on my Burner phone consistently asking if the "black dahlia" was available for a few "jobs". No one knows when I escape my room to do a few jobs, first thing is money is always being transferred into my bank account. I never miss a shot, so that's how people usually count on me.

I get back home and I see saya, willie, lex, and willie waiting outside my house.

"Well if it isn't "the breakfast club" I jokingly say.

"Don't act like you didn't miss us, Esmerelda, we're pretty hard to forget," Lex says with that stupid smirk that he always puts on.

I do a light jog toward them and hug them all. Shit feels like I have seen them in a while, I've been wrapped up in my work that I barely have time to talk.

"So what's up? I know you guys didn't show up for no reason."

I bring them inside to a private room so we can speak.

"After Kings dominion was destroyed Lin decided to rebuild it again and of course, he is in charge. We're all going back starting tomorrow, we'll you be coming back to finish our junior year?" Saya puts her around on me to try to convince me to come back in case I said no.

"I'll come back, but have you guys talked to Marcus about this?"

"Yeah, he said he's cool with it, it's not that hard to convince the guy." Willie grabs the chair, places it backward, and makes himself comfortable.

"Has Marcus said anything about Chester yet?" Billy says.

"No not really, I'm worried about him I just don't want to overstep my boundaries with him. Just whenever you get the chance ask him about it but sometimes he likes to turn his question back to me. I have no idea where he is right now."

"Definitely-" before Billy could his sentence he realizes that the door that he was leaning on was never closed so he falls on top of Marcus.

"Owwww!" I hear Marcus yell.

"I found him! Hey there brother, how was your day?" Billy holds a big smile on his face while hugging Marcus on the ground.

Marcus takes off his headphones and hugs Billy back. "Nice to see you too Billy, do mind getting off? I think you broke my fall." Marcus grunts.

"Gee not even you had Marcus falling for you like that, Esmerelda you got some competition." Willie starts to laugh, I sarcastically laugh back and punch his arm.

"Damn you punch like a man, you're like a man trapped in the body of a short lady." Willie rubs his wound to make it feel better.

"Ah ha, I made Marcus fall for me." Billy rolls his eyes at me and sticks out his tongue.

I pull Billy by his ear and lex helps Marcus up from the ground.

"I knew I heard some familiar voices, what is up dudes?" Jayden comes out of nowhere and hugs all of them.

"I have exciting news, my drag racing stadium is having its grand opening and the first two races are tomorrow. Of course, you guys are invited to come."

"Holy shit dude congrats!" Lex puts his arm around Jayden's shoulder.

Me and saya look at each other to see if we're thinking the same thing. We push Billy and the boys aside and put our arms around Jayden's shoulders.