Chapter 48 - everything blew up

Here's your playlist!!!!!!! 🖤🖤🖤🖤

_________________________________
"Too many eyes and ears around, you and I both know that word gets around fast. Let's go to the rooftop."

He leads me by my hand and walks up with me to the roof top. Andrew smells like cigarettes and Cologne, quite nice actually.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Are you actually interested into what I have to say?"

"Of course, your one of the most interesting person I've met and the most prettiest."

Now shit just got awkward fast, why is my heart beating so fast and why am I so nervous?

"Did I just make the infamous Esmerelda Santos blush?" His smile just lights up everything.

"No, it was just unexpected." I smile and look away from him trying to avoid any eye contact.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" I ask in a serious tone.

"Yeah, it didn't work out because she said that I was too much work for her. I went through a dark road a long time ago with drugs, it almost got me killed. My dad stupidly thought that training to be a FBI agent would put me on the right path. My mom wants me to become a mob boss, her brother is in charge of a mafia. They both fell in love with each other cause they were on opposite sides."

I don't mention anything and I just stay quiet.

"I know the feeling when you feel like your weighing everyone else down. Then people straight up tell your face that your lost cause so you rely on feeling numb all the time."

"Shit, you just summed up my life in two sentences, whatever I wanna hear about what's going on in that head of yours." He points to my head, and I smile.

"Something inside is telling me that i was destined to be alone my whole life. Marcus is my first real relationship and I'm his, I want him to have him to have a normal life. I just can't keep putting his life at risk, I want to be selfish and be with him but he's already been through hell."

"You guys ended up being together for a reason, he knew what he was getting himself into when he started dating you. None of this is your fault, you guys love each other and have gone through a lot together."

"We can never be normal people, there's always something in my life that interferes with our relationship. Specifically me, I'm not doing well right now, that's why I don't give a shit about school. He's too innocent and pure, I'm corrupting him, he doesn't like hurting people but that's my job."

"I get it, it's scary as fuck. But you have to think where would you two be without each other? I don't wanna make things more complicated for you but if you were with me none of this would be happening."

"Andrew, I-"

"Sorry I'll stop, I shouldn't have said that. I know you love him and I shouldn't have interfered with that."