Chapter 41 - proceed with caution (part 2)

"Esmerelda, are you near the 4th floor?"

I hear while drinking a glass of champagne, while talking to an old friend I excuse myself and walk away.

"No, give me 3 minutes max. Security is starting to become more of a problem, they have every staircase blocked. How the hell am I supposed to get up those damn stairs without being comprised."

"Why don't you climb up the building?" My dumbass of a cousin requests.

"It's not that fucking easy Jayden, for your information I'm wearing a dress and heels might as well die while I'm at it. I didn't think I was going to climb up a damn building, especially without a harness."

"Marcus only has 20 minutes left, either he dies by a bullet or hypothermia. Get up that damn building now!"

"Fine, but I'm gonna need some time and time to change it'll take two minutes."

"Alright, I'm done

"Alright, I'm done. If I die keep my journal and I want black dahlia flowers on my grave."

"Relax Esmerelda now go! Proceed with caution!"

I go down the hall that's furthest away on the second floor. I would start on the first floor by security swarming it, as I open the window I hear footsteps getting closer. I go through the window and almost slammed it on my fingers while closing it.

I turned around to see that I'm so high up, shit I haven't been up this high in such a long time. I look down slightly while holding onto the railing and see security guards talking amongst themselves.

While putting my foot up on the railing my grip starts to slip.

"Shit, shit, shit."

As I'm walking on the railing I'm trying so hard not to look down. While climbing two more stories and almost falling a few times I finally made it.

"Is it clear for me to enter?"

"Proceed with caution Esme, there are 5 guards there. They have guns, I repeat they have guns."

I take a deep breath, this should be easy I've done this plenty of times.

"Cut the power out now Jayden."

At that moment everything goes dark, Marcus it's your time to shine now. I put on my night vision goggles and I start to take them out one by one.

"Marcus, your on your own now, Esmerelda is outside the door if you need help. Good luck."

"Thanks, Jayden."

I jump on someone's back and put them into a chokehold. I start to hear the sound of a gun trying to go off.

"Well, boys as much as I want to stay and have a chit chat I have some business to do."

I take out a gun from my waistband and I pull the trigger taking out some guards. While doing some combat work, some motherfucker sneaks up behind me and put a bullet in my shoulder.

"Not again you son of a bitch!" I turn around and put a bullet through his head.

Marcus pov

I put on my night vision goggles and jump down from the vents.

"Who's there? I have a gun, you will not leave here alive you bitch!"

"Well old man, I'm afraid it's you who's not going to make it out alive."

I grab him by his arm and roundhouse kick him to the ground. I tie him to the chair and plan to make him feel the same way I did many years ago.

"What do you say? A life for another life?" I laugh and start to taunt him with my gun.

I soon start to hear gunshots, shit Esmerelda is probably out there.

"Owww you broke my nail asshole!" I hear her yell, should I help her? Focus Marcus.

"Lucky girl, I'm assuming."

"Shut up before I slit your throat, you bastard. You took everything from me! Because of your selfishness and money, my parents died now your kids will know how exactly that's gonna feel like."

I put my gun to his head and soon bursts in the metro police officers. I curse under my breath and I put my gun down slowly and put my hands to my head. From the corner of my eye, I see a certain someone climbing out of a vent.

I see her pull something out of her pocket and throws it on the ground. Of course, she throws a smoke bomb, she always finds a way to get the job done.

"Lights out boys." She jumps down and I grab my gun. The room starts to get foggy and we're both taking out people left and right. I can see her arm dripping blood, she doesn't stop fighting though.

After we get rid of them, I help tie Esmerelda's arm up and she gives me a quick kiss.

She gives me a knife and she has one herself. We both go on both sides of Regan and stab both of his legs so that he can feel the pain that we felt. I take it out and wipe the blood off with my hands.

"Any last words Regan? Oh right since my parents didn't have any, neither should you. I hope you rot in hell your fucking dickhead."

I slit his throat and continue to repeatedly stab him all over the place.

"Marcus! Marcus! That's enough he's dead."

Tears are running down my face and I cry into Esmerelda's arms. She wipes my tears and blood off my cheeks.

"God I fucking love you." I press my lips against hers and feel so much better just being in her presence.

"I love you too, I'm so proud of you. You did it, I'm so sorry I ever doubted you."

"It's okay, I don't blame you. I'm a rookie at this but at least we're still alive. Fuck! You're still bleeding we need to get you fixed up."

I put her arm around my shoulder and wrap my arm around her waist.

"Why is it always your shoulders getting hit?"

"I wonder the same thing, at least it wasn't my heart."

The whole building was evacuated then soon the police arrived, he head to the van through the back and drive off. I apply pressure to the wound and then realize that she's missing a fingernail.

"I forgot about that, can you wrap it up? It's so disgusting to look at."

"Sure." I can see the disgust on her face and once I'm done wrapping her hand I kiss it.

"You look really hot when you're covered in blood you know." She says while running her hand through my hair.

I laugh and tuck a piece of hair out of her face and kiss her again. I can't get enough of her, she's like nicotine. You just get so addicted you can't seem to let her go.