Chapter 22 - accident

After I drink a little too much, i see my antidepressants and I grab a handful, everything goes black.

Third person's POV

"Mija I'm sorry-"

He goes running to esmeralda and sees her passed out on her bed. He rushes over and checks her pulse.

"No no! Someone call an ambulance! She was a weak pulse."

He picked her up bridal style and takes her downstairs.

"Dios mío, what then fuck happened?" Jayden says

"She overdosed."

They put her in an ambulance and head to the hospital. Christopher grabs her hand and starts to pray.

They rush her into the hospital and stop Christopher from coming with her.

"Sir you can't go in, we will do everything we can."

Christopher's POV

I don't know what I did wrong with Esmerelda, she was never like this, I know she had mental issues but I thought she was doing better. I promised my brother I would take care of her like my own child. I raised Jayden all by myself and he turned out just fine.

Esmerelda was absolutely traumatized when I found her in the streets, all alone she was so depressed it wasn't normal for a child her age to see so many deaths.

I took her to a therapist for the first time when she wouldn't talk at all, she never shed a tear or flashed a smile for years. She had insomnia, couldn't sleep for days. Then when they recommended to take her to a psych ward, I was absolutely skeptical about the whole concept but it was what I had to do to help her.

After when she got out she would only say a few sentences sometimes, she started to open up more then I thought to myself of how much I loved her like my own daughter.

She loved to fight with Jayden a lot, like how siblings normally do, that's when I realized she absolutely love to be in a gang. I started to train her along with Jayden, they always promised to take care of each other.

Actually the first time Esmerelda ever said anything to me was when she was holding a gun. Her first words to me were "like this?" She hit the target in the head. A big smile appeared on my face. She obviously a natural at this. She gave me a small smile then gave me the gun.

It's crazy how much time goes by, I remember seeing her as a small little girl. Now I'm just hoping she will live to make it to eighteen. She's been through a lot and has pull through every single one of her challenges.

The doctor comes out with a blank face, my heart immediately starts to race. I was afraid of what he was going to say.

"She's in a coma, who knows when she's gonna wake up. But all we can do is have hope that she's gonna wake up."

I grab him by the collar and push him against the wall.

"You bastard, if she doesn't wake up I swear I will come after your kids and wife, maybe you'll know the feeling."

"I'll go run some more tests."

"You better."

I let him go and he runs away.