Chapter 58 - a man of your word

Once we finally make it to his place, all his staff is lined up in front of his house. His butler offers to help me with my things and I give in.

I don't like strangers touching my things, all my maids and butlers are very kind and respectful so I give them the same treatment and they are all quite older so they are considered family if I say so myself. I've known them since I was a kid.

His place is a decent size not bigger than mines of course but living homeless for a while as a child did help me realize to be thankful for what I have. Xavier offers me a hand out of the car and holds my hand, he hands my hand to the inside of his house.

"Quit being so stubborn Esmerelda, he's just trying to help you out," Xavier whispers in my ear.

"Your acting like I'm poor asshole, I know how it fucking works," I say only loud enough for him to hear and I plaster a smile on my face.

"Welcome Ms. Santos, whatever you need we are here to serve you." She gives a sweet and genuine smile.

"Thank you, your too kind," I say in response. Ugh, I never talk like this, it's weird for me to even say. Xavier sends me a smile and he walks me away from the nice woman.

Once we're alone I yank my hand out of his and give him a bit of space, mostly for me. He gives me a tour and the last place is his room.

"Why can't I just have my room? You don't have people sworn to secrecy here?"

"I trust my people keeping confidentiality but when you meet my parents then that's something different, I can't tell them that your my fake wife dumbass." I roll my eyes and he opens the door to his room. It's not like what I expect at all.

"Not bad, but I hope you cleared out half of your closet because if I'm going to stay here, I need my space

"Not bad, but I hope you cleared out half of your closet because if I'm going to stay here, I need my space."

"Relax princesa, come with me and I have to show you something." He drags me by the hand to a dark room and turns on the lights, my jaw drops.

"It may be smaller than the one at your house, although I know you have a shopping addiction so I had more space added for you

"It may be smaller than the one at your house, although I know you have a shopping addiction so I had more space added for you."

"Your trying Xavier, I'll give you that, I do still kinda hate you but you're not so bad. I appreciate the gesture but it's gonna take you a lot more than bribing me to get me to like or stand you."

"Very well then, I just trying to be nice. Feel free to do whatever you want until tonight I made a reservation."

"Ahhh now your just spitting out commands Xavier? I'm not the one who normally obliges to them, I guess a little dinner couldn't hurt now. Now do tell me about this bed situation, I'd rather sleep on the floor than with you."

He scoffs while laughing and pulls me closer to him by my arm.

"One thing Esmerelda, do not disrespect me in front of anyone. Behind the doors, you can say whatever you want, just be smart about it."

"What am I a prisoner? I don't know who you think you're talking to pretty boy, after all, you came to me for help, second I'm not stupid or someone you can fucking tell what to do. I will not hesitate to shoot you Xavier, you know I'm not someone to mess with so don't push my buttons" I soon fail to realize that his hands somehow ended up at my waist.

"Fair enough, I'm sorry. It's fine I'll sleep on the floor-"

"No, I'm used to sleeping on the floor, I do have another question. In all seriousness What exactly is your job which the FBI?" Before he can respond he takes a deep breath.

"I'm a special agent, went to school, graduated early. You know the process, I look pretty young so they take advantage of that."

"Not bad, why'd you take the assignment? Did you know who I was?" I ask curiously.

"I've heard your name before but never understood why so many people wanted you dead or in jail. Now I just realized that people can't control you that's why they can't stand you, no offense."

"None taken and I'm stubborn so I'm very hard to impress."

He leads me back to his room and lets me unpack, I take out my laptop and start to do work while he does his. Two hours later, I get up and start getting ready, hopefully, the makeup is enough to cover up my scars and bruises.

 Two hours later, I get up and start getting ready, hopefully, the makeup is enough to cover up my scars and bruises

"C'mon Esmerelda, we're gonna be late-" he says waiting outside my closet.

"Oh shit."

"So how do I look? I mean I have to look pretty good to leave you speechless. You don't look bad yourself." I smile and holds out his hand for me to grab.

"You sure clean up nicely, are you sure your still off limits? Because we can stay-"

"No." I extend the word.

"I get it you want to wait for Marcus, now let's go before I say anything else embarrassing" While lifting his hand to fix his hair, it comes across my shoulder. He looks at my shoulder to see the large scar that's still healing.

"Why do you have body makeup on and why do you have a huge scar on your shoulder?"

He doesn't give me a moment to respond, He lifts my wrist with a tight grip around it and runs a makeup wipe across my wrist.

"Owww, Let me go!!! You're hurting me!!! What the hell is your problem?" I yell at him while messaging my wrist, he left a few fingerprints on my wrist. He sees the marks he left and tries to touch me to apologize but I take a few steps back. He notices the fear in my eyes and his eyes soften.

"I'm not self-harming anymore, I swear to god if you touch me like that again, I will leave. I don't give a shit about our agreement, I'm more likely to survive in prison than be in this hell hole with you." I walk away from him in anger and go up to change out this dress, once I'm unzipping it I take one last good look at it and throw it away.

I use the pillow and blanket that I brought from home and lay it on the ground and fall asleep, the closet is cold but not enough for me to be able to freeze to death. I start to fall asleep until I feel my body being lifted from off the ground by a strong pair of arms, I'm slightly awake and I open my eyes a bit. He lays me down on his bed and I push him away from me, his room is freezing.

"No... get away from me, I'm mad," I say half asleep, I slowly roll off his bed and hit the ground hard. He notices I'm shivering.

"Your such a pain in the ass Esmerelda." He gets up again and picks me up, he places me in his arms on his bed.

"I still fucking hate you, I haven't punched you yet cause I'm tired and cold," I say into his chest.

"I can live with that." He kisses my head and I fall asleep in his arms.

_________________________________
Btw plz tell me you guys are enjoying the story and the long chapters.

~jocelyn🖤