𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ᵀᵂᴼ

By the time I woke up the sun shone

By the time I woke up the sun shone. I stretched and got up. Major was awake too trotting over to the door to scratch it. »I'll open it, just wait a sec.« I said grabbing my combat boots before I slipped into them. Once I opened the door, Major immediately jumped down to go to the nearest tree. I turned around and grabbed my katana, before jumping out and closing the backdoor. I squinted my eyes, because the sun was shining like crazy while I made my way slowly to the campfire only to realise that Glenn talked with...wait

»Lori?« What in the world. Am I hallucinating? She turned to me, putting her hand over her mouth as she teared up. I just stood there opening my arms trying to hold back my tears. Lori ran to me taking me into her arms. I held her close, ignoring the pain in my palm. »How is this- Y/N, I thought you d-« she stuttered her words barely coming out as her tears ran down her face. »I thought you died too.« I whispered while wiping her tears away. My sister gave me one last tight hug before letting me go. »Let me introduce you to everyone.« Lori smiled at Major who came back before pulling me with her.

The next hour I spend my time with getting to know the people here. Everyone seemed nice except Shane and Andrea. Lori had told me she was the one who shot me and I had a small conversation with her, telling her that next time she would shoot me she best pray it would be a headshot. My sister had gone off to Carl and let me tell you he grew up so fast. I remembered him trough video calls as a baby and now he is here growing up more and more. I didn't realise I had been gone for so long in the army, that I completely forgot about my family at home.

Glenn came over to me, looking nervous as he looked at Major. »He won't bite, don't worry.« I smiled, ruffling the fur of Major. The poor guy gulped and switched sometimes his gaze to Major before meeting my eyes again. I felt a little bit bad because he still looked nervous but I had the feeling Major wasn't the only thing making him nervous. »You want some peaches?« He asked, flinching slightly as Major pawed at his leg. »He wants one too.« I said, trying to hold back the chuckle before grabbing a peach. »So, Lori is your sister?« Glenn asked and I nod.

The asian guy's hand reached slowly over Majors head, bringing a smile to his lips. Once he stopped stroking my dog he stood up looking a little more serious. »I'm really bad at lying, like really. Just a normal question like 'how are you' is keeping me on edge. And you- you're Lori's sister. I think you should know.« Glenn rambled switching his gaze to everything else but my eyes. I was confused but waited till he took a deep breath before telling me that Lori is pregnant.

My eyes got wide and I dropped the peach in my hand. Major immediately noticed and stole the fruit from the ground before trotting off somewhere. My sister was pregnant. Why hasn't she told me anything? Doesn't she want me to know? It could be that she didn't want the baby too.