𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ᴺᴵᴺᴱᵀᴱᴱᴺ

»It's spread

»It's spread. Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb, and now others.« Hershel explained. I rubbed my temples. This is absolutely not good. »Jesus.« Daryl muttered next to me, looking away. »So what do we do?« Carol asked almost concerned. »First things first. Cell block A is isolation. We keep the sick people there like we tried with Karen and David.« The elderly man answered, calmly.

My eyes switched to Glenn who wiped his face with a cloth. It wasn't hot in the room so why was he sweating. I sure as hell hope he isn't sick. »The hell we gon' do 'bout that?« Daryl asked. Carol turned to him and told him she will ask Rick to look into it. Making a timeline is smart. We would see who's where and when. »But what are we gonna do to stop this?« Carol asked.

»There is no stopping it. You get it, you have to go through it.« Hershel replied. Michonne spoke up -asking if it just kills you- from behind. She was leaned against a shelf. »The illness doesn't, the symptoms do. Problem is, I don't think we got many antibiotics.« I responded, turning around to her before switching my gaze back to the others.

»We've been through every pharmacy nearby, 'nd then some.« Daryl spoke, shrugging. Hershel mentioned a veterinary college at West Peachtree Tech. People may not have thought to raid it for medication which is a plus. »The drugs for animals there are the same we need.« Hershel added. Daryl nodded to himself. »That's 50 miles. Too big a risk before. Ain't now. 'm gonna take a group out. Best not waste any more time.« He said before standing up.

I did the same, telling him I'm in. The archer just nodded as a response. Michonne took some steps forward, saying she would be in as well. »You haven't been exposed. Daryl and Y/N has. You get in a car with them..«, »He's already given me fleas.« Michonne replied to him with a smile. Hershel chuckled before standing up, telling us that he could lead the way. »When we're out there, it's always the same. Sooner or later, we run.« Daryl intervened, saying that in the most friendly way.

Since Hershel has a prosthesis it will be hard if we need to run and I am not letting him die like that. The elderly man suggested that he could draw us a map and we nodded. »There are other precautions I feel we should take.« He added before we could leave. Carol asked what precautions which made me curious too.

»There's no telling how long it'll be before Daryl and his group return. Wouldn't it make sense for us to separate the most vulnerable? We can use the administration building, separate office, separate room.« Hershel declared. It was a good plan. Telling people how long it will take, it will cause more panic probably. Glenn spoke up for the first time asking who the most vulnerable is. The elderly man said the very young.

»I'm sorry to interrupt but we need to go. We shouldn't waste time. People need the antibiotics. Hershel?« I intervened before crossing my arms. Hershel nodded before grabbing a paper and pen. After giving us the map, we walked outside. As Michonne opened the trunk I threw my katana in there before walking to the drives side. Once I sat in and turned the key, the engine made a starting sound before dying and I cursed under my breath.