𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ᵀᴴᴵᴿᵀʸ⁻ᶠᴼᵁᴿ

Daryl woke me up when we were in front of the gates

Daryl woke me up when we were in front of the gates. We were back. I rubbed my eyes awake and felt a kiss to my forehead. A smile rose up my lips and I turned to him. »You okay?« he muttered and I just nodded. »Yeah, I feel more awake now after sleeping. Are you?« I asked back, knowing full well he didn't sleep at all. The archer hummed a yes and I sighed. The RV came to a stop for a second and we saw Sasha and Aaron standing there. »Get Olivia. She should inventory what we have. We'll meet her at the pantry.« We heard Rick's voice speak.

Sasha already seemed to notice, asking if we have food after Michonne left the RV. The food could last for another month, she answered. »I need everybody in the church in an hour.« Rick ordered, looking at them. Carol and Rosita approached as well. »What is it?« I heard Sasha's voice but she just got as an answer that we will talk about it. Carol, as expected, asked Rick again what is going on. »We're gonna have to fight.« That is all he said before starting to drive again. I could feel a knot starting to form in my throat. It has been a while since we fought again.

This time it feels like it's going to be a big fight. I mean it is against this Negan guy. My lover noticed, lacing his hand with mine, giving it a soft squeeze. He began rubbing his thumb on my hand and I smiled softly. After reaching the pantry, we got out. Olivia was already there, making a few notes. Daryl still held my hand as we walked to Rick who was already talking with her. »I made a quick list on what we have right now. So that I could add it to the other things.« the woman with the glasses said, smiling.

»Alright, thanks. We're gonna start packing everything in here one by one.« Rick replied, thanking her. Olivia nodded and we started to grab everything, stopping shortly in front of the woman so that she could write it down before walking into the pantry to place it to the other things. Minutes went by and we needed about 40 minutes of packing. We had many things which could last as Michonne said for another month. Rick dismissed us, telling us that we should get ready, relax a bit before the big talk with the others.

Daryl and me went back to our home, eating and drinking. »I'll go take a quick shower.« He said once we got to our room. »Do that.« I answered, sighing while getting my thigh holster off. The archer just did his usual grunting as a response before he disappeared, slipping into the bathroom. I threw the pants I had on, on the couch before grabbing a camouflage coloured pants to wear. The top was tossed on the couch as well and I took a sleeveless top out, putting it on.

My lover didn't take long and he came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his torso while I sharpened my knife. Once he was changed we made our way to the church as planned, hand-in-hand. It was sometimes just silence between us but that's one of the things I liked. It's comfortable and we are just enjoying the quietness and each other. By the time we got in the church, everyone gathered in there before Rick started his speech. He explained that the place was real, the people were nice and how we can work with the Hilltop.