𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ᶠᴼᵁᴿᵀᴱᴱᴺ

»We're not leaving

»We're not leaving.« Rick stated as he cocked a rifle while standing up from his crouched position. »We can't stay here.« Hershel told us before Maggie spoke up »What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds.«. Everyone was nervous, it was clear. People from upstairs and downstairs were all asking questions or telling us something. I was sitting on the metal stairs with Hershel, sighing. »If Rick says we're not running, we're not running.« Glenn stated and after that it was silent so I thought it was the end of the conversation. Unfortunately it wasn't.

»No, better to live like rats.« Merle stood at the door, one arm through one of the holes. We locked him out since we didn't trust him. »You got a better idea?« Rick asked, now our eyes laid on Merle. »Yeah, we should've slid out of here last night 'nd lived to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? 'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now.« He answered, lazily leaning against the door with the familiar smirk.

»We ain't scared of that prick.« Daryl rasped, looking at his older brother. »Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringin' the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns 'nd the numbers. 'nd if he takes the high ground around this place? Shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to.« Merle sounded serious and damn that was something. What I hated about him now wasn't his annoying voice or the look of him. He was right about what he said.

Maggie suggested to put him in the other cell block but Daryl immediately replied with a hard no before saying what I thought like he could read my mind. »This is all you. You started this.« Maggie said harshly and loud and I stood up, walking down the stairs. »What's the difference whose fault it is? We are already in this and there is no going back.« I intervened. »I said we should leave. Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here.« Hershel stated, his voice starting to get louder too.

Rick was starting to walk away and Hershel did something that I never saw before. He shouted out of rage that the former cop should get back here. It was the first time I saw him this angry at a person before. »You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that.« Hershel started, hobbling after Rick who looked back at him.

I made a few steps forward in case he would try something. It's not like I don't trust him and I know he doesn't mean to be violent but he already did try to hurt Glenn. This world changes people, deaths of close people, family members are changing people. »I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something.« Hershel added. Even Merle was quiet and looked serious at their argument. He didn't make any funny comments, laughed about it or had his usual smirk plastered on his face.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Rick was away for a few minutes, said he would check if he could see something. Once he was back he gave Maggie the keys, telling her to watch before giving Glenn a rifle. »Field's filled with walkers. I didn't see any snipers out there. We got Y/N to watch, right?« Rick said, walking towards us and I just nodded, being happy to do something. »I'll get up in the guard tower, take out half 'em walkers, give these guys a chance to fix the fence.« Daryl stated while putting his hands on his hips. »Or use some of the cars to put the bus in place.« Michonne suggested.