𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ᶠᴼᵁᴿᵀʸ

Even when we won that fight, we didn't stop

Even when we won that fight, we didn't stop. Rick had started making a plan two days ago. There was a massive herd Rick and a few others had seen on the highway and we wanted to use them. Lead them to the Sanctuary. Yesterday was a day where we went out to grab things that we needed and it was more like a going-over-the-plan-again day. I had spent my time of course helping but I stayed with Judith quite a lot. There was still fear in the back of my head that she would forget me or not see me as family anymore even though she is still so young.

»Any person who would live in peace and fairness, who would find common ground it's their right, too.« I heard Rick's voice a bit faint but more clearer after Erik nudged me. I was zoning out again, oops. Our leader was on the back of a truck giving us a speech. Hilltop, the Kingdom and Alexandria we're together. Today we had upgraded cars, placing big metal pieces on the side of it so it could shield us from gunshots.

»But those who use and take and kill to carve out the world and make it theirs alone, we end them. We don't.. celebrate it. We don't have shame about it, either.« He continued as I shifted on my feet. My eyes scanned our surroundings, looking at the people being invested on what Rick had to say. It was sad to realise that Sasha wasn't standing with us because she was busy but because she was gone. I hope she died in a peaceful way without pain and that she is with Tyreese and Abraham right now..

»There's only one person who has to die.. and I will kill him myself. I will.. I will.« Rick promised and I sure as hell believed in that. If he isn't keeping his promise than I will take him out myself. So many great people have died because of him. »But if it's the others who prop him up, stand by his side, even those who just look the other way so be it. Then.. we keep making the world bigger. Together.« He said the last sentence with a smile. Ezekiel and Maggie had been going on the truck as well and I couldn't be more proud of the woman.

Gregory won't be leader for long I can sense that. »Together. Bound forever! To quote the Bard, "For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." For she today my sister.« I couldn't help but smile that Ezekiel has been close to Maggie as well, accepting her as a "sister". Shiva had been with us the whole time, listening in. Her owner told me the story about her and so I understood why the tiger was so friendly with some people.

»We've practiced. We've been through it over and over again. We all know the plan doesn't end this morning. That we may have to live in uncertainty for days, maybe more. That we have to keep our faith in each other.« Maggie began. I saw from the corner of my eyes Aaron putting a hand on Eriks shoulder, smiling at him as he heard that and I kind of became a little jealous. Daryl was out, contacting Dwight about the plan. Carol and Tara were missing too, they kept track of the herd.

»If we can hold on to that with everything we have, the future is ours. The world is ours.« She finished, looking at Rick. After that we split up. Carl and Rick went out to grab fuel while me, Daryl and Morgan had a mission; Look outs. Rick gave us each a location and as I got mine I walked off. I got into a car and turned the key which was already in the ignition. My location was a platform up on a tree. After ten to fifteen minutes of driving I finally saw the platform and parked on the side of the road. To my luck the person didn't look at me. There was a walker on the ground though, clawing at the tree which could sense me in a couple minutes.