𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ˢᴱⱽᴱᴺᵀᴱᴱᴺ

I never saw our home this welcoming before

I never saw our home this welcoming before. The prison turned almost into a little town. The cellblocks were full with the former Woodbury people. One day after we brought them to the prison we went back and looted the place. Weapons, food, drinks, useful things like towels, sheets and so on. This place was cold, almost abandoned even when we lived here. Now it felt like the halls, corridors and cells woke up from the dead.

We managed to put on every door some sheets to cover what's inside. Everyone needed the privacy and I sure as hell needed mine. We even managed to make a work plan, assigning jobs to people, depending on their abilities. It was so wholesome seeing the children run around and being happy even tho there were still walkers roaming around. After bringing the Woodbury people here, we burned the corpses and the following days we planned about what to do with the fence.

Glenn had the amazing idea to build a gate outside of the gate which was out of metal. There were wooden spikes as well for shielding and we knew how dumb the walkers sometimes were so it was smart. Days after days we worked on the prison, making it more lively. There was a library, a room to teach kids and so on. Outside we planted seeds and crops. We even managed to find fucking pigs and horses. I mean, how cool is that?

What I didn't like though? I have become more and more lonely. Maggie and Glenn dropped the bomb, the guy finally proposed to the brunette. She was more and more working around and spending her time with being all lovey dovey with her husband. Carol was interested in working with the kids, teaching about all kinds of stuff. She helped around a lot with cooking as well, even though she had many people helping her.

Everyone was busy. Now let's come to the hard part. Michonne and Daryl decided to go after The Governor. Said he could attack any moment and he needs to be dead. I agree with that, absolutely, but having them away? Especially Daryl? It really started to hurt me. Me and Daryl grew closer and I thought that we could work on our.... whatever you would call it. I should be damn happy to have a bigger family and that the prison has become a relatively safe base, but I am not. Well, I am but with Daryl not being around it's getting lonely.

It was thirty days without any accident now and I started to feel like we finally found our home. The Governor could be dead or went somewhere far away. Or found another base which I don't want to think about. I sometimes went on supply runs even though we had enough things but I just needed something to distract my mind. I noticed that Major was not the same since Daryl and Michonne left. He was sleeping more, laying around and not being all jumpy anymore.

You don't know how happy I got when Daryl got back few days ago. I literally jumped into his arms. Major did the same. Michonne on the other hand went out often for some days to search for the Governor but she always came back unsuccessfully.

That's the news from the last couple weeks.

I was riding on my horse along the road, sometimes stopping and binding the bridle against thin trees. Major was there to signal me if walkers were trying to attack him or the horse. In worst case if I would be long out, he needs to take care of it himself. Till now I was never to long out, hunting. I tied the rope, where the rabbits and squirrels hung on, on the saddle before swinging myself on the saddle.