𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ᶠᴵᶠᵀᴱᴱᴺ

Rick, Michonne and Carl drove off for the supply run, hopefully finding the weapons we need

Rick, Michonne and Carl drove off for the supply run, hopefully finding the weapons we need. I took a shower and bathed Major after they left. As I walked into the common room he ran around like crazy. Major stopped sometimes to shake his fur and make people laugh or pissed off because they got water splashed on them.

Once I saw Carol coming down the stairs, with baby Judith in her hands, my question came back what I wanted to ask her. While I was showering and bathing Major I had time to think. I wanted to talk with Daryl again. After the conversation with him yesterday I couldn't sleep very well. The thought of us not being friends anymore left a burn mark in my brain since then.

I decided to make the first move because I wanted to get it over with. We are in a position that we could expect the Governor to attack at any moment which I hope he fucking doesn't. »Good morning you two.« I greeted them with a soft smile spread on my face. Judith cooed while Carol returned the smile. »I have a question..« I started a bit unsure, trying not to come of weird. »I'm listening.« She answered confused, switching her gaze between me and my niece.

»Do you maybe know where Daryl is?« The question came off more awkward than I wanted it to be and Carol giggled before nodding. »Guard tower, he found cigarettes under a mattress in one of the cells. Since then he is quite often up there so if you can't find him, try there.« She answered a bit concerned as she mentioned the cigarettes. I raised my eyebrow at her response. The imagination of Daryl smoking was kind of fitting because it actually -and I hate to say this- suits his character.

I thanked her before turning around, wanting to leave. »Don't do anything weird!« Carol exclaimed as I walked through the door that lead to the common room. I flipped her the bird and snorted before passing Maggie and Beth who looked confused. Major trotted over to me as I rushed up the stairs and opened the door for us. We walked through the door and made our way towards the tower.

I could already see him from the ground, slouched against the railing, blowing the smoke out before putting the cigarette back in his mouth to take another drag. We are lucky that one tower wasn't full of roaming walkers. The way upstairs I started getting second thoughts like why am I doing this and that I should turn around and such. I opened the door that lead to the sort of terrace which made him notice me.

His blue eyes lingered on me before he looked into the distance again while blowing the smoke out. Major came out from behind me and walked to Daryl before shaking himself. The archer placed the cigarette between his lips and ruffled the dogs fur, realising that he was still wet. I approached him slowly, leaning against the railing and looking at the walkers roaming in the field, trying to keep my eyes distracted.

As Daryl was in my view I cleared my throat. »I'm sorry that you think I'm distancing myself from you.« I muttered while boldly looking at him. »If you want me to leave you alone, so be it.« He rasped before putting the cigarette out after taking one big drag. »I never said that, nor did I think about it.« I replied quieter than I wanted to. Me and Daryl looked at each other for a brief moment before I averted my eyes.