𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑³.

Six years since

Six years since.. the bridge accident. We still grieve but not as much like 4 years ago. The world keeps spinning and we still are alive. Alexandria, Hilltop, The Kingdom and the Sanctuary looks like a complete new base. It's gotten a hundred times safer and bigger. Alexandria has a council now, if new people come or serious things need to be discussed. I don't know what I should think of it. Judith has gotten so tall too, wearing the hat of his father.. like her big brother did. She has a handgun and sword too. Started training at a young age.. like Carl.

A yawn escaped me as I started opening my eyes. I groaned softly as the person next to me sat up. My eyes followed him as he looked outside before he placed his hand on my thigh, caressing it with his thumb. Daryl's head turned, meeting my eyes. »C'mon, we gotta hunt.« He grumbled and I slowly sat up too, putting my hand on his which was still on my thigh. »No good morning kiss?« I joked slightly. I've been trying to do this whole "fake it till you make it" thing. My lover has been suffering more than me.

He was close with... him and knew him quite longer. It affecting him more. So as the amazing girlfriend I am, I am doing my best to keep myself close with him, do more things but still give him some privacy. It's who he is after all. Too much close time can be intimidating and overwhelming and I don't what him to feel like that. He snorted tiredly before leaning in and laying his lips on mine for a few seconds. The archer moved back but only a tiny bit as he had his forehead against mine.

The tiny things I adore about him. But it sadly needs to end. He was right, we gotta hunt. The both of us were in a forest, alone. Away from places that bring back happy memories that make us depressed. We got ready, grabbing our weapons and going to a nearby river that had fish in them. I had my grip tight around the self-made spear and rammed it in the fish. My body turned and I smiled, wanting to open my mouth to say something but something a couple feet behind Daryl was a walker. It stood up from the water, all wet and disgusting.

The moans and groans were more gurgling like as its decaying lungs were probably full of water. The archer took his spear, broke it into two and stuck one in the walkers stomach to stop it before plugging the other one in its forehead. Chills went down my spine as I realised there could be more walkers in the water that I couldn't notice. This went on for the next couple hours till we caught about ten fish. We went back to camp, put two fish on a stick and over the logs of wood. My lover started a fire as I grabbed my backpack and opened it.

Yesterday when we were out, scouting, in a small cabin I found a handgun in parts that was half finished. Probably a survivor trying to finish it to kill off walkers. Sadly didn't make it though. I laid the parts on the floor as I already heard the crackling of the wood because of the fire. »When do you want to go back?« I started a conversation as I scanned the parts looking at like it was a puzzle. »Next followin' days maybe.« he answered, biting at the inside of his cheek.