𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ᶠᴼᴿᵀʸ⁻ᶠᴼᵁᴿ

It was the day

It was the day. We were going to fight against the Saviors. Once and for all take them down. Rick, Michonne, Rosita, Daryl and me were gathered around the map. Carol and Maggie joined too. Others were making themselves ready; sharpening weapons, filling guns with bullets, making more arrows and so on. »Alright. We'll stick to this road, keep to the trees, we'll get there quicker. Plus, we can keep an eye on the road that way.« The archer declared, pointing on the map.

»Yeah, if they're planning anything, we'll see it.« I said before blowing the last bit of smoke out. »You think you can trust Gregory? What he told us?« Michonne questioned, her eyes on Carol before they moved to Maggie. »I locked him up inside the house. He knew I wouldn't let him walk around free. He knew he was coming back to that.« She answered to her, squinting her eye because of the sun.

»He doesn't believe in anything except himself, and he'd have to believe in the Saviors a whole lot to send us into a trap and think it would work out for him.« Maggie finished and I nodded before my lover took his cigarette back that we shared. »Unless Dwight didn' tell him. That asshole could be settin' us up.« Daryl rasped after taking a drag and he got no response. Rick folded the map and put it away.

I squeezed his hand and he squeezed gently back before holding the cigarette to me. It was the last drag and he offered it to me that I gladly took. The archer put it out on the table and flicked it away. Morgan passed us, frantically looking around and Carol went after him. Rick told us to get ready before walking off and I nodded.

»I'll get a sniper, meet you at the gate?« I told Michonne and Rosita and they nodded. My lover followed me, saying he needed bullets for his handgun. We got into the trailer and I looked at the guns before sighing. »Do you think everything goes after plan?« I asked, my eyes scanning over the sniper rifles as I heard the archer filling the magazine with bullets. »Hope so. Even though it won', we'll win.« He replied from behind me as my eyes caught the sniper rifle that seemed to be to my liking so I took it.

»I hope so, too.« I murmured, checking the magazine before turning and walking to him since he was were the bullets were. Daryl clicked the magazine back and cocked it before putting the safety back on. He placed his handgun back as I hummed, searching for the right bullets. »Here.« he muttered, getting a handful of bullets and showing it to me.

»Thanks.« I said with a smile. One by one I picked the little metal piece from his hands and put it in the magazine till it was full. I realised he was staring at me the whole time. »You got a staring problem?« I joked playfully, pushing the magazine back in as he put the rest of the bullets back in the box. »Maybe I do, 'nd?« my lover grumbled, a bit of blush on his cheeks. A chuckle escaped me while I swung the sniper rifle onto my back.

I filled my handgun in the morning already so I was good to go. Daryl even made my knife sharper as well. »Just saying.« I shrugged amused as we walked out. »Gotta look at you real good before things go south.« He confessed, taking my hand into his. »I hope you won't get hurt.« I stated, looking up at him as we got to the others who nodded. Rick told Kal to open the gates and he did. We started walking out. »You better be in one piece, too. Alive 'nd well.« He muttered, bringing my hand up to his lips to kiss it.