𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ᶠᴼᴿᵀʸ⁻ᵀᴴᴿᴱᴱ

It was already night when everyone was in their place

It was already night when everyone was in their place. The day went by fast. Enid, Michonne and Maggie came back with three strangers. An elderly woman called Georgie and two of her friends. They wanted to trade; they get records and we get food that they had in their truck. Georgie was so nice that she gave us all her food that was in the vehicle because she saw we were low on rations. She even gave Maggie documents which were handwritten plans for windmills, watermills, silos and so on. It was like a rare diamond that we got and she just handed it over like it was nothing.

There were still truly some friendly people out there. This is what made me believe that. After they left I talked with Michonne, who told me that just Jadis was alive. Her people got killed by the Saviors and Rick wanted her gone that's why they left without her. Later on we went over the plan again and started to prepare, placing cars each side of the path that reaches from the gate till the main building. We had multiple people behind those cars, armed and ready to shoot if its said so.

Back to the present, the Saviors rolled in and successfully the first two, three cars drove on the spikes on the ground that were self made. They stopped and there was silence. Maggie probably spoke to one of them through the walkie. She said she wanted to talk with Negan. I was on the platform next to the gate so I could see over the wall. I had my sniper laid on it as I looked through the scope, seeing Dwight and Simon. The guy spoke with Maggie and not Negan.

Soon enough we heard an engine of a motorcycle and I saw Daryl shooting rapidly at them before driving to us and through the open gates. A car followed him but the bus we planned was blocking it and the vehicle drove against it. »Now!« we heard Maggie shout from the balcony and started shooting. I climbed down the ladder and got the submachine gun from my back and began shooting at them before running behind barns and from there to the cars. There was bullets going off so I hid behind one vehicle, waiting for them to stop.

Minutes went by as we just kept killing the Saviors and trying to survive. Maggie gave the signal to the next step and I rushed into the house and up the stairs, following the people to the windows. There was pure silence as we watched the Saviors slowly come out from behind the vehicles and towards the house. Lucky that they were dumb and as the lights from the cars went on we began to fire of rounds. Many of them died as the rest ran of only to be stopped by what I assume Rick and his group because we heard gunshots at the gates.

They ran off outside just a few minutes after and left, leaving us alone. I sighed and turned around, walking out of the room and down. Maggie explained to us that we should get our well deserved rest. Some volunteered to already separate the corpses from ours to the Saviors. I walked to the trailer which held the guns and laid the submachine gun to the pile before deciding to turn in for the night. Get some sleep that I really needed. My feet took me into the room that I already slept in with Daryl when it was around the time when I was at the Sanctuary.

My motivation sunk with every step I took in the room so I didn't shower, just pulled my combat boots off, laid my holster and knife on the table and sat down. I switched the lamp on, that stood on the nightstand before letting myself fall back into the mattress as my legs dangled down. My right arm was over my eyes as the other laid on my stomach. Not long passed as I was still in the position and the door opened. I moved my arm away from my face and opened my eyes, seeing Daryl place his crossbow to my things on the table.