𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑ˢᴱⱽᴱᴺ

We were on the road for months now, all winter to be exact, trying to search for a safer home where we could stay

We were on the road for months now, all winter to be exact, trying to search for a safer home where we could stay. You could see it on our different looks that time had passed, some of us had longer hair length. Rick's beard alongside with the other men even Hershel's grew too. Daryl's hair decided to change its hair color from light to a darker brown. Lori's pregnancy began to advance over time too. What I am trying to say is, she is about to pop in the next days or weeks. By the time the sun started to rise we left to search for supplies and maybe a home.

Rick opened the door, shooting the first walker as T-Dog ran towards the other one, killing it with a crowbar. Carl had a self-made silencer on his handgun too. He got really badass, was taking down walkers as well, with a handgun now. I was following Glenn and Maggie into the house meeting Rick and Carl in the kitchen. Once I got to the front door, Daryl started to come downstairs, plugging feathers out of an owl. Speaking of which, I don't know why but I didn't expect Daryl to become more attractive over the months.

I changed a bit too, sometimes I got even flustered if he said something or when the girls started to tease me with some bullshit. And for the record, I never in my life got flustered when a man flirted with me. Hell, Daryl didn't flirt with me, he didn't even try to and I got flustered. I hate becoming soft especially in this world because it can weaken you so I am trying my best to keep my hormones under control even though it is absolutely hard.

Rick whistled, signalling the others that its safe as I helped Maggie drag out the corpses. She smiled at me before going back into the house. I followed her and saw Hershel look at the blood trail from the corpse. His beard made him even more sympathetic in my opinion. He looked like a great grandpa now. Rick on the other hand? He was a bit more absent. I knew he was getting more desperate since we didn't find any place that we could have stayed for longer then a few days.

Carl found dog food and handed it me alongside with a can opener. I walked into the kitchen to grab a bowl and made my way back to the living room where the others were. I placed the bowl to the ground before opening the can and putting some dog food in it. »Come on, buddy.« I whispered to Major who sat next to Glenn. He trotted over to me while licking his lips before he immediately started to eat the dog food.

Carl was about to open another can, making me realise he was about to eat it but before I could take it away, Rick did and threw it in the fireplace. Everyone stopped and looked at him for a second, trying to figure out why he did that. T-Dog and I looked out the window, staring at the walkers who started to come towards the house. I whistled making them look at me before taking a glance outside. We immediately ran outside and I jumped on my motorcycle, plugging the key into the ignition before turning it. Once I saw Major jump into the trunk of Glenn and Maggie's car I drove off after Daryl.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

We stopped on the road, now looking at the map. »We got no place left to go.« Rick called out from behind me. »When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off.« I said pointing to the places to show them what I meant. »We'll never make it south.« I sighed, turning my head to look at Rick. »What'chu say? That was about 150 head?« Daryl asked leaning against the car while looking at Glenn. »That was last week. It could be twice that by now.« Glenn answered while wiping the sweat of his forehead. The heat was the last thing we cared about even when it grew hotter and hotter by the day.