chapter three.

I walk into the café and just as I do I'm attacked by Raiden who is excessively trying to cover my eyes. "What's going on?" I ask confused.
"Just walk upstairs and don't peak." He said guiding me carefully.
"I know this might come as a shock to you but...surprise. " He said moving away.
"Oh my God. " I said smiling. "I haven't seen you since the raid."
"I'm sorry I bailed but I'm glad you're okay." He said walking over to me and hugging me. "I heard about Hide. He was a good kid."
"I know. But he wouldn't want us dwelling." I said smiling. "Wait are these the new tenants?" I ask smiling.
Kimi and Nishiki both nod.
"Oh my God! " I shout out smiling. "How did you find us."
"Actually the old man found us and told us where you were. He told us about how well you were doing and how everyone was safe and happy again and we want that." He said holding kimi close to him.
"I understand completely. I'm really glad you're here."
"T. A word." Someone shouted.
"Excuse me for one second." I said walking into the landing.
"I'm gonna have to leave town for a couple of days." Ayato said sadly grabbing my hands.
"But i just got you back."
"I know and I'm really sorry I promise to make it up to you. "
I pulled my hands away and sighed. "Business comes first i get it." I said sadly walking away and closing the apartment door behind me. I walked towards the window in Nishikis apartment and smiled. "There's food for nishiki on the top floor and food for kimi on the bottom. I'll check in later but I'm busy running from my problems." I said climbing out of the window.
"I can see nothings changed." Nishiki said smiling.
"Good to see you too." I said climbing down the drain pipe before running into the café and hiding in the back room.
"What are you doing? " Raiden asked smiling. I ran over, jumping on his back, covering his mouth, dragging him to the floor.
"I'm hiding from Ayato."
"Signs of a healthy relationship."
"Shut up. I want him to know I'm mad but if I see him I won't be mad any more."
"Why do you need to be mad."
"He's leaving again for a few days. He just got back!"
"Well shouldn't you be savouring his last moments?"
"No. I'm a girl and I have to prove a point."
"So all girls do this?"
"I don't think all girls climb down a drain pipe and hide in the back room of a café with their best friend but they'd go to ridiculous lengths to prove a point to their boyfriend. I want him to leave worrying if I'm going to end things so it's almost like he gets to see what it would be like without me and when he gets back and he apologises immensely I won't even be mad. Point proven." I cuddled up to him and closed my eyes.
"Wow girls are vicious. "
"But it's why guys can't live without us."
"You know, I thought I saw kaneki earlier."
"What?" I asked as my heart skipped a beat.
"The hair was different but it looked like him...there was just one thing. He was with Juuzou. The investigator you saved that time. Anyway, it was really weird."
"Wait? I saw Juuzou earlier and he was trying to talk to me about 'the eyepatch' and I just said that he hasn't been seen for months. Kaneki would never join the CCG. He hasn't mentioned it in the letters."
"Taiga about the letters." He said moving away. "Don't shoot the messenger but kaneki hasn't been writing those, Ayato has. He wanted to see if you'd reply and you didn't then you were so happy that he was okay the first time so he carried on writing them."
"How long have you known."
"Erm not very long. I saw him leave the letter the other night. I was shocked about the fact he was here but he came here dropped the letter off and left."
"You're telling me that he didn't come here to see me he came here to manipulate me into thinking kaneki was okay which means......that investigator could be him."
I stood up and ran out of the café trying to pick up on a scent like a common dog, when I did...Kanekis scent but it wasn't how I remembered it. He didn't smell like a ghoul. He smelt like a human, but it was definitely him. I followed it to a small sushi bar. I walked in amd sat down next to him. "What are you doing?" I whispered.
He looked at me. "I'm on the job." He said reaching for his quinque. I stood up in shock. "Kaneki seriously?" I asked.
"My name is haise?" He said confused before activating hos quinque.
"Are you serious? Kaneki it's me, taiga."
"Taiga as in the binge eating taiga?" He said swinging for me. I ducked and all of the sushi on the bar went flying.
I ran out and looked around but it was too late. Kaneki struck me. While the quinque was inside me, he dragged me along before ripping it out. "Seems like you're no longer as strong as you were before. Stopped binge eating, stopped cannibalising?"
He laughed. "Too late to repent against your sins now ghoul."
"Ahhhhhh" I screamed as I sat up.
"Hey!" Raiden shouted running over. "You fell asleep so I carried you up here."
"I had a dream. You told me Ayato was writing those letters from kaneki and that kaneki was an investigator then he tried to kill me. What if the dream was a vision, what if I've lost him for good." I said hugging raiden. "I need more time."
"I promise you kaneki wrote those letters. Your sense of smell is good, you said they smelt like him right?"
"Yeah..."
"There you go then. Stop worrying. Kaneki loves you and he's okay. If you wait up he might drop off another letter." He said comforting me.
"Maybe." I said smiling.