chapter 63

I looked down at the sword and exhaled deeply. My body was going numb, my feet and hands were tingly and my head was throbbing. I was in a lot of pain and I just wanted to either be saved, or die quickly. Just as my vision began turning hazy, I could hear people shouting.
"Ai!"
I looked up and saw a light. Akira ran over, almost in slow motion.
"Akira stop!" Someone shouted behind her. She ignored them and held on to the sword handle. She ripped it out and caught me.
"Akira!" Someone shouted.
"Don't worry. I got you." She whispered holding me.
"Please gloat later." I whispered.
"I won't gloat at all." She kissed my head and rocked me gently.
"So we can get two birds with one stone."
Akira turned around and Eto stood in front of us, wearing a mask. Akira put me against the wall carefully and grabbed my sword.
"Stay back ghoul." She stood in a fight stance in front of me, protecting me.
"Akira!" Haise shouted finally running over. He saw me on the ground and akira in front of me.
"You are causing me so much hassle!" Eto shouted. She charged for him, but akira deflected her attack.
"You're fast for a human." Eto began laughing. "Looks like your friend there is dying." She pointed at me, but akira paid no attention, knowing that was an attempt to distract her. Haise pulled out his gun, slowly but Eto caught him. She knocked the gun out of his hand with her long sword like kagune. The bullets are coated with a special liquid that burns ghouls and prevents healing in the wounded area. It's a new weapon and it's effective to say the least...

Haise turns around to look for the gun but by this time Eto has completely transformed into the one eyed owl and is winning the fight against akira and haise, and it looked like she was barely trying. I knew I had to do something. I picked the gun up and pulled myself to my feet. I held my wound and limped to the entrance of the building, but the doors were still locked so I smashed the glass, shooting it would be way too loud. I walked into the building and ran as fast as I could upstairs towards the roof, but on my way I ran past the office, which had a huge gaping hole in it, from the explosion. There were dead or dying officers lying on the ground, but if I didn't move my friends would be dead.
I got to the roof access but the door was locked so I shot the handle and kicked the door open. I ran to the edge of the building and saw Eto holding haise, about ready to eat him.
"Hey you bitch! Get off my boyfriend!" I shouted. She turned her head and began laughing.
"You sure are over confident aren't you."
I pulled a phone out and dialed a number.
"Hello, arima, I want you to terminate sojiro, right now."
Eto began shouting and grunting.
"I can allow soji to live if you leave right now." I pointed the gun at her and she moved away from haise and laughed.
"Kill him, see if I care." She grabbed haise and ran away.
"No!" I screamed. I ran to the other side of the roof to build up my run and then... I ran and jumped straight off the roof. I landed on her back and shot her. She screamed and pulled me off her, throwing me into the wall.
"Ai!" Akira shouted. I pulled myself up and picked the gun up.
"More?" Eto began laughing.
"More." I nodded and put my hand in between my knees. I pushed my shoulder, clicking it back into place and limping.
"You're not doing this Ai, she will kill you!" Akira cried.
Eto put haise down and laughed. I saw the sword beside her foot and I needed to get to it, or just get near her and take a bite, and I then could take her. She swung for me, but I managed to jump in over her hand.
"Agile, let's kick it up a notch." She jumped in the air and it looked like she was to land near me so I tumbled out of the way and skidded to my sword. I picked it up and threw it to akira and nodded.
"Get him out of here!" I shouted.
"And leave you?"
"She's not going anywhere near him." Eto laughed and tried to attack akira so I began shooting her. She squealed like a pig and fell backwards.
"I'm not healing!" She shouted.
"How does it feel to know you're not number one right now?"
"Kill soji, even kill Hina if you have to, but we're coming for you."
She went to kick me but Ayato stood in front of me defending me,in his mask and uniform obviosuly, but I knew it was him by the way he smelt.
"Stop it now. Grab the boy and go." He said.
"No!" I shouted shaking my head.
Ayato turned around and cupped my cheeks.
"He's going to hide. He'll be safe with us, I promise." He kissed me and ran away with Eto. I didn't have time to wonder why he did what he did because a ton of pain just came rushing to me. I must have broken everything in my body. I dropped the gun and felt to my knees.
"Ai?" Akira asked. I began heaving and when I threw up, it was pure blood. Dark red, thick blood.
"Oh shit!" She shouted. She didn't put the sword down but she did run over to me.
"Are you okay?" She asked holding me in tears. "I'll get you to the car. It's okay."
"Stop." Yasuna walked over and crouched down beside me. "I'll owe her." She smiled at me, referring to me allowing her to leave and picked me up. "Show me to your car." Akira ran to the car and opened the doors for me. Yasuna put me in and smiled.
"Thank you for never killing me even though you've had several chances. Think if this as me paying my dues." She closed the door and ran away.