chapter 71

The men were stood at the alter, and it was our turn, so I went after Yuki, and Hinami went after me, and the moment came for yasuna to walk up the aisle. I looked straight at Uta and watched as he saw her. His face dropped at the meer sight of her. She looked beautiful, and then the tears came. He cried with happiness because this was the happiest day if his life, and this is why this was the perfect date for it.

When it came time for the vows, Uta went first, but he could say whatever he wanted, because we're all ghouls here, even the priest.
"Making masks is my job. I allow us ghouls to stay hidden, but I got to use to being hidden and wearing a mask, until I met you. I can be weird and scary around you and you don't judge, if anything you upscale me." The crowd laughed. "I have never felt so certain about anything in my entire life, this is what I want. I want to be with you forever and I never want to part. I love you."
"That's a hard one to top." Yasuna wiped the tear running down her cheek and smiled. "I had gone unappreciated for a while. People heard about my crazy side and would run away, but you seem to run towards me because of it. My crazy completes your crazy and it's why we work. This time last year was the worst day of all of our lives. We lost family, friends, and so much more, but I know they're all here in memory. This day is a tribute to how strong all of us are, how strong we are Uta. How strong our relationship is and I wouldn't change it for the world." She smiled and looked deeply into Uta's eyes.

"I never thought this day would come." Yasuna said at the wedding reception. There was food for the few humans in attendance, but not much so we didn't have a meal and the speeches were done here. "I was a weirdo, but I'd just like to thank Uta for sticking by me and I'd also like to thank my best friend in the whole wide world, taiga. She showed me there is much more to life then being a ghoul, she showed me that being a ghoul isn't taboo and she showed me that us ghouls can have everything humans have. Happy birthday taiga, I love you so much, and thank you for letting us share this special day with you." I clapped my hands and walked in stage to deliver my speech.
"This day is different to all of us. Today for some, is the day two of our friends got married, or its the day a lot of our friends died." I looked at Itori and sighed. "I lost two of my closest friends, Raiden and Sojiro. Both of them would be so mad that they couldn't be here today, they loved parties, but they loved yasuna and Uta too. I'm privileged that you would share your special day with me. You're my best friend yasuna. We've been through more then anyone could imagine and yeah, you're crazy but so am I. We all are, so to being crazy." I held my glass up. "Oh, and the happy couple."
Everybody laughed and went back to dancing and having fun.
"That was a beautiful speech." Itori walked over and hugged me. I moved away sadly.
"Raiden has been gone for a whole year and it feels like yesterday I was at school, meeting him for the first time."
"And now you're engaged again, with a baby. I saw kaneki with her and she is really beautiful."
"Thank you."
"Well, I'm off to go mingle." She waved and walked away, so I waved hide over.
"You and Touka hey?" I said smiling.
"It's not awkward is it?"
"Don't be silly. Our history is just history, I have a child with kaneki and I've never been happier."
"I can't believe it. Little kaneki, a dad. It's so weird to think that."
"He's not little." I winked sarcastically, but hide looked at me in disgust and pushed me.
"That's vile, I don't want to know that."
"We didn't make it, but I love you hide. I will always love you. You're family. You're like a brother that I use to kiss sometimes."
"That's disgusting too." He put me in a headlock and ruffled my hair. I pulled away and smiled.
"So, I'm keeping my hair black from now on." I straightened my hair out and sighed.
"It suits you."
"Have you heard? Hinami is staying here."
"I'm not surprised. She would be happy helping other people, but she was always a bit off. She missed you a lot."
"I missed her a lot too."
"Congratulations on getting engaged again. How did he do it?"
"He told me Nari needed her nappy changing so I went to change it and it was clean, but there was a box, I opened it and there was the same ring her used to propose to me the first time. God knows where he found it, but I'm glad he did. I've always loved this ring."
"Set a date yet?"
"Not yet."
Ayato walked over and hugged me. "You look nice."
"Thank you." I nodded and hide walked off.
"I just wanted to say that given our history, I'm still happy for you and I wanted to give you this. Happy twenty first." He gave me a box so I opened it. It was a charm bracelet with letters on it. Two R's, an S, a G, a K, a T, an A, and a little Angel.
"Raiden and Ryouko, sojiro, ginshi, Kaito, takasu and aoi. The angel is obvious, but I wanted to get you something meaningful."
"Ayato, it's beautiful." I took it out of the box and asked him to put it in and he did.
"This isn't because I'm in love with you either, because I'm not, just to be clear."
"Thats good then." I laughed and looked at the bracelet.
"What's that?" Kaneki walked over holding nari and saw the bracelet.
"Ayato birthday preset with the first letter of people that I've lost."
"I got something for Nari too, because I've never met her, so I haven't had chance to give her anything just yet." He picked up a small bag from by his feet and pulled out a baby grow. It was white with a picture of a tiger on, but the eyes were ghoul eyes.
"I love it." Kaneki kissed my cheek and smiled.

And there you have it. This ending is anything from happy. I'm beyond traumatised from the amount of deaths I've witnessed and torture I've sustained and kaneki is bad too. He has nightmares and he still goes out as a lone Wolf investigator. He doesn't kill the ghouls, but warns them off, unless they try to kill him, then he fights back, which really hurts him. He never liked killing anybody. So we're both crazy and now we have a baby. If we don't fuck her up, the world she lives in surely will. She has to grow up in a world where what she is is a disgrace, but she'll cope, she's my daughter after all.

And that's it. The story cannot go on any longer XD so I've ended it. Thank you for reading it, I appreciate it so much and I love the support from you guys!! If any of you have any requests for stories you want me to write, fanfic or otherwise then just message me. If i take your request I'll be sure to give you a massive mention, so don't worry, you'll get something in return. Once again, thanks so much :) happy wattpadding xx