chapter 56

I woke up, showered off and followed up on my daily routine. I ran downstairs, running late again and ran outside to the cars.
"Where's Saiko?" I asked.
"She's still inside." Shirazu said angrily.
"I'll go and get her." I said going to run inside.
"No ill get her."
"Shirazu, I'll get her." I laughed and he climbed out of the car.
"How many times do I have to tell you, call me ginshi." He walked past and patted my head. I put my hand on my head and smiled slightly.
I got into the seven seater through the boot and sat in the back with kuki. Tooru sat in the front, haise was driving and ginshi and Saiko would sit in the middle.
"Ready to go?" Haise shouted.
"Yeah just drive." Kuki said looking rather bland.
"Are you okay?"I asked.
"Yeah. I'm good." He looked at me and nodded. I sat back and closed my eyes for the long journey to the ghoul detention centre. I climbed out with tooru and haise waved before driving off so they could partake in investigations within another ward.
I walked inside and got into the elevator.
"Ai." Juuzou said smiling. The doors closed.
"Do you know if the ghouls I brought in yesterday have been put in the interrogation rooms?"
"I think so."
The doors opened and I walked out. I walked to the interrogation rooms and soji was chained to the table. I walked past to my office next to the interrogation rooms, as I worked mostly here instead of other places like the rest quinx squad. I pulled the key from around my neck and pulled out soji's and yasuna's file and the recorder. I locked the drawer back up and walked into the interrogation rooms. I sat in front of soji and slammed the file against the table.
"Let's hope you can be a bit more socially advanced today instead of Barking like a dog."
"What do you want with me?" He asked angrily.
"Answers. That's all. Be good and you'll get rewarded, speak to Hinami. She's very well rewarded."
"You don't get to call her that."
"I actually get to call her whatever I want." I smiled and spun my chair the whole way around. I glanced up at him in time to catch a dark grin, daring me to try and fish anything out of him.
"You seem overly cocky for someone that spent their night in solitary confinement."
"Well, knowing I'd see you again got me through it."
It almost sounded like a threat.
"Ai!" A woman shouted rushing in.
"Yes, what is it? I'm busy."
"There's a phone call for you."
"Is it important?"
"It's sounds so."
I looked at soji who was leant back, relaxed.
I stood up and grabbed the phone.
"What. I'm busy." I said arrogantly.
"I want the two ghouls you are holding." Someone said.
"Ah. Okay." I smiled and muted the call. "I want someone to trace this call now. It's the ghouls from last night. Call Arima." I put the phone back to my ear. "Call me back in five minuets exactly and I'll discuss both of them." I hung up and swapped phones with her.
"This better be good." He said.
I walked out of the interrogation room, locking the door and leaning against the wall.
"The group that the two ghouls are in have called me discussing their release. I want a vest and a truck lined up. We can track them down and put an end to it."
"Fine. Meet me outside. In twenty minutes with a squad." He hung up and I smiled.
I walked back into the room and grabbed the files.
"Seems like your friends will be joining us soon." I winked at soji who wasn't looking too cocky now and walked out.
I put all of my stuff back and grabbed my walkie talkie.
"This is ai hirano. I'm requesting a 'spy' van, a tech team and a squad for special class investigator Arima."
"Copy that. We'll get on that right away."
I turned around and looked at the room that soji was sat in.
"I'm gonna need a tech guy now. I'm expecting a call and I need it to be traced."
"Okay. We'll send them to your office."
"Thanks." I put the walkie talkie down and leant on my desk.
The phone began ringing but I let it to ring. The tech guy ran in and set up his laptop. I connected my phone to it and my phone started ringing.
"Pick up." He said nodding.
"Hello." I said smiling.
"You said to call back in five minutes and then you leave the call to ring on."
"My sincerest apologies. You have to trust that interrogating your stubborn little friends is rather time consuming."
"I'm sorry to disturb you but Arima is on the phone again." The woman said. I pulled the phone away from my face.
"Hold it." I whispered. I put the phone back and smiled. "You want to discuss getting your friends back. I want information."
"What on?"
"The aogiri. It's a fair exchange considering the group yasuna and soji are in is dull and hasn't done anything just yet."
"Why presume I know about the aogiri?"
"This is Ayato kirishima right? The black rabbit right?"
"How did you-"
"-i'm the new investigator here. I don't get given such a prestigious level as rank 2 investigator for nothing."
"When do you want to information?"
"As soon as possible."
"Where are you?"
"The ghoul detention centre in the 23rd ward."
"I'm in the fourteenth."
I look at the tech guy and he put his thumb up.
"We tracked you down. I have the coordinates for your hide out. I'll meet you there."
"It's people like you that give investigators such a bad name."
"I'm a ghoul with the quinx squad."
"You're a what!" He shouted. "You're a disgrace to your own kind."
"Okay." I laughed and hung up. "Let's go." I smiled and the tech guy nodded. We walked downstairs and outside to the van.
"Tooru." I said happily.
"And me!" Juuzou smiled.
"Where's hanbee?" I asked taking off my coat. I put the ccg vest on and climbed into the back of the van.
"He's busy."
I looked around and there were ten people, including juuzou and tooru.
"Listen up!" I shouted clapping.
"Were not going to raid or kill, were going because the aogiri are involved with this gang too. We need information on all of them and I want to find out who these people are. I'll split you in half, five and five, juuzou with one, tooru with the other. I'll be in the van Co ordinating you all via earpiece. I'll have watch over the place with a drone and the cameras situated around the building he's in."
"Isn't haise gonna want to know you could be in danger?" Tooru asked.
"Yeah but we won't tell him. This is serious okay! We need to be clever with this guys!" I shouted.
I sat down on the chair in the van as Arima pulled up.
"What's happening then?" He asked.
"They want a trade. The two ghouls for information. Ayato kirishima is involved which could potentially mean the aogiri are involved."
"You earnt this Ai. Do good, a promotion might be coming your way."
"What are you saying?"
"Take this one alone. I'll be off doing stuff but I'll ring regularly."
"Seriously?" I asked smiling.
"Seriously. Go now."
I smiled and helped everyone in.