chapter 11

I walked inside and saw Aoi lying in bed. I walked over and grabbed his hand.
"T." He whispered smiling up at me.
"Sorry about that." I said laughing.
"No. I was possessed. I'm still alive, surprisingly but they have something for you."
I turned around to soji. "What do you have?" I asked.
He handed me a briefcase. "I imagined that you'd want to keep this."
"If this is what I think it is I don't want it."
"Wouldn't you want it so nobody else could have it."
"It's Ryouko isn't it." I asked looking up.
"Yeah." He smiled.
I flinched away from the case. "Get that away from me right now."
"Why? Don't you like it?"
"It's what every girl wants. A piece of their dead sister. Thanks!" I shouted.
"You know what? How about i take you home. Both of you." He said smiling at Aoi.
"I don't want you around any of my friends."
"Why taiga?"
"Because you're a fucking psycho!" I shouted.
"Well, that's no way to talk to the person that saved your friends life."
"You're the one that endangered it!"
"Well, actually you are."
"No." I said angrily. "You're going around with your stupid fucking serum, making a gang of super psychos trying to get me to kill them. You're fucking estranged and I'm taking my friend, that you made me push, to the brink of death and I'm going home." I helped Aoi up and carried him out.
"Wait!" Soji shouted. "I'm rich. Let me drive you home at least."
"I've had bad experiences with stupid crazy rich guys and I'm not about to add another one to that list."
"You won't know how to get home from here, nor do you have a vehicle to get home in. All I'm asking is to drop you off at home then I'll be out of your hair."
I sighed. "Fine."
I carried Aoi into a car and soji drove us home. We arrived at the café and I helped Aoi out of the car.
I walked towards the café and tried to get in but the door was locked.
"Hello?" I shouted.
A light turned on before a figure walked down the stairs. Raiden opened the door and grabbed me tightly. "You're okay." He said squeezing me. I moved away and hugged Aoi.
"So's he." I said smiling. "Take him up please." Raiden nodded and walked up. I walked over to Soji's car. "Thanks. You can go now."
His face lit up. "Oh no. I want to introduce myself." He climbed out of his car and I turned around.
"No." I said standing in front of him. "That's not happening." I said angrily.
"She's cute." He said bobbing his head.
"And not for you."
"What's her name."
"Nonya" I said pushing him back. He froze and looked down at me.
"Nonya?" He asked confused.
"None ya business now leave."
"Taiga!" Touka said running over. I moved away from soji and hugged Touka.
"You're back." I said trying to smile.
"Yeah. I'm so sorry. Ayato is inside too. He feels really guilty. He wants to talk to you."
I moved away and put my arm around her. "Let's go together."
"Who's that?" She asked meaning soji. "Nonya?" He said grinning.
"Huh?" Touka asked.
"Oh it's soji." He said holding his hand out. She smiled and shook his hand.
"Taiga." Someone shouted. I turned around and saw Ayato. He began waving me over.
"Uhm. Come on touka. Let's go." I said pulling her away.
"I know a great little beach just down the road. I'd like to take you. I'd like moon light bouncing of your beautiful eyes." She blushed and took his hand.
"Smooth words."
"Is it too soon to walk you to the beach? Just to get to know you a little better."
"Yes!" I interrupted. "Way way way too soon right touka."
"Actually I want to go with him." She said smiling.
"Hey." I said laughing. "Are you sure you wanna do that."
"Erm taiga, please, go speak to Ayato."
She went to walk off. "Come on, moving fast aren't you." I said again, trying to stop her.
"Well actually, we aren't moving at all." Soji said smiling, knowing this was annoying.
"Fine. If she doesn't come back in one piece."
"She will. She will." Soji said helping her into the car.
"What's going on?" Ayato said holding my hand.
I pulled away and sighed. "Have fun you two love birds."
Soji winked and drove away.
I groaned and turned around.
"Hey, I'm good. I know you're sorry. Things are awkward now so no, getting back together isn't a good idea. Bye." I smiled and went to walk off. He grabbed my arm. "I'm a psycho. You wouldn't want to piss me off. Now, I want to go speak to the boy who's madly in love with me because frankly, I'd much rather spend time with him, then you." I pulled my arm away and turned around.
"You know I didn't mean it!"
"No. Dont bother trying to apologise. I should be doing that. Seeing as though I'm still hung up on a fucking dead guy." Tears came rushing to my eyes. "Or is it kaneki at the top of my list? I have trouble remembering every hurtful thing you said so I'm a bit sketchy on the details, my apologies."
"Taiga."
"Ayato."
He sighed and pointed. "I apologised to him as well, but he wants to make sure you're okay."
"Look, I get that you're sorry, I'm angry and annoyed that that prick is taking my friend out just to piss me off."
"Don't take this the wrong way, but what makes you think he's doing this to get at you."
"You don't know him."
"Do you?" He smiled and grabbed my hand, kissing it gently. "I will speak to you later." He walked away and let Raiden talk to me.
Raiden smiled and sat on the pavement. I sat down next to him and smiled. "What's up?"
"Well, you keep disappearing." I giggled and gently rested my head against Raidens shoulder.
"I'm sorry."
He wrapped his arm around me. "Ayato's apology was, different."
"What did he say?" I asked confused.
"He started telling me about how you and him moved and went to school and met me. He knew then I was a cool guy and that he didn't mean what he said. He was sorry that he upset you so much but he genuinely loves you, and I respect that. Because I love you too. I know what people would do to keep you I'd probably kill someone if i thought they were trying to take you from me."
"All this time, I've just kept you in the friend zone when all along, you were boyfriend material."
I looked up and smiled. "Just not boyfriend material that I would want." I kissed his cheek and stood up. "Ayato is boyfriend material that I want."
"What's the difference? Why him over me?"
"I don't know. You can't really explain love. It works in mysterious ways."
"You're telling me. A guy that treats you like shit gets you, but me, I don't."
"I'm sorry. I genuinely am."
"It's fine. I'm used to the friend zone. I've grown quite fond of it."
I laugh. "That makes me feel bad."
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay. I like having you in the friend zone. Like a weird sense of security."
"So m like a security blanket?"
"More like a big dog. Like a rottweiler. Raiden the rottweiler." I smiled.
"So you just use me to drool over my good looks and my amazing protective charm I have on you?"
"Exaclty." I said smiling.
"I can't believe I ever offered to lower my standards for you." He said sighing.
"I'm so beneath you."
"Not in the way I'd like." He said smiling. I hit him gently before I jumped on Raidens back and he carried me inside.