chapter nine

Touka grabbed Ayato. "Please don't go again." She said angrily.
"Come with me."He said.
"No!" Hinami shouted letting go of me. I lunged forward and Tskiyama grabbed me.
"Okay." She says grabbing his hand.
"No." I whisper.
I grab Hinami as she starts whimpering.
"Hey what's going on?" Raiden asks drenched in blood.
"Ayato is leaving." I say grabbing Hinami.
"What? Why?"
"She's crazy." He says pointing at me.
"What?" His face twinged. "Apologise to her right now." He says angrily.
"Fuck you too. We all know you love her!"
I run in front of Raiden as he goes for Ayato. "Leave it." I say looking at him.
"I'll take Hinami inside."
He walks off leaving me with tskiyama, Touka and Ayato.
"Are you leaving us then?" I ask looking up at her.
"She's leaving you." Ayato says getting in my face.
"Calm down." I say angrily. "You're trying to tell me I'm a psychopath when you're doing this?"
He pushes me back so I fall down. I sit on the ground trying not to cry when Tskiyama helps me up.
"That was too far. You know you love her. Why do you want to leave?"
"She's been treating me like a lap dog. She's in love with a fucking dead guy! A dead human. A worthless dead human!"
"His grieving sister is in that building, have some fucking respect!" I shout.
"Fine. I'm going."
I grab his arm and he looks down on me.
"You're worthless. Just useful. That's why people stick around for so long. Your psychotic tendancies are useful for people on the same team."
"Fuck you." I said angrily.
Tskiyama picks me up.
"What the hell are you doing?" I ask looking at Ayato walk away with Touka.
"Stopping you from doing something you'll regret."

After that I fell asleep in Hinamis bed, consoling her. In the morning, I got dressed in jogging gear and tied my hair up in a ponytail before going out for a run.
"Taiga!" Someone shouted. I turned around and saw Tskiyama. "What?" I asked stopping.
"I saw you leave so I came after you."
I smile at what he was wearing. A pair of purple tracksuit bottoms and a red vest.
"Your not wearing a suit." I began jogging. He jogged alongside me.
"I know. I don't always wear suits Taiga." He coughed awkwardly, continuing to match my pace. "I am so sorry, I never wanted him to die. I don't know why I didn't help."
"It's fine. There's no need to drag it on. I'm over his death, presuming you mean kaito?"
"Yeah."
"You don't need to apologise again."
"I need to apologise for as long as I feel guilty."
"Stop feeling guilty then."
He stopped and began looking forward. I stopped and turned around. Juuzou stood there and saw me. His eyes widened in sadness so I jogged over. "Run." He mouthed. I looked at him confused when investigators appeared from behind the trees. I stumbled backwards into a man. He wrapped something around my neck, lifting me off the ground. I began kicking my feet around and he let go of me.
"Handcuff her up. She should be weaker then usual. Throw her in the van and we'll get her to the building."
He put handcuffs on me and literally threw me in the van. Just as the doors shut, Tskiyama stood there looking at me sadly. I sent him a gentle nod, notifying him that I'm good.
The van was driven somewhere and I was dragged out.
They dragged me inside past cells of ghouls shouting things. "Help us Taiga!" "Look who they've got now" "ghouls are fucked if they've managed to catch the tiger."
I wasn't sure wether to gain a confidence boost from the fact everyone knew who I was or to have my confidence knocked by the lack of encouragement?
They walked me into a huge room and chained me up to a wall.
"what's going on?" I asked confused.
"Were testing you." A guard answered as he continued to chain me up.
"Testing me?" I repeated. "Testing me for what?"
"None of your business."
"It is my business if it's about me."
The guard slapped me around the face and grunted. "That hurt my hand."
"It didn't hurt my face."I growled looking up at him.
He went to hit me again when someone shouted something.
"Leave her alone. The test is starting."
He walked away, leaving us when a door in the wall opened. Aoi was released.
"Let's see how you deal when you're put up against another ghoul." The microphones echoed around the room.
Aoi walked towards me, not chained up and sighed. "How did they get you?"
"I was on a run and I was ambushed. How did they get you?"
"After raiden left to check on you, after I dealt with Daiki, they appeared. T, they're just picking up ghouls and locking them up. This isn't the ccg. It's some weird experiment group. They're faking it."
"No. I saw Juuzou. He told me to run."
"They don't know he's an investigator?" He said sadly. "He knows who these ghouls are though! They're a group."
"Taiga, kill that blue guy, now."
I looked at Aoi and shook my head. "You're a sick bastard. I'm not going to kill him.
"What if it meant you could see a dead friend again?"
"What? Who?" I asked.
"Think of the list. We are testing you. He was right, were not ccg and we don't want you dead. We want to see how strong you are. We've been following you for a while now and we know who has left you and who is still alive. Now kill him."
"You want me to kill him?"
"Technically we want you to fight. Any minute now, the fluid we injected him with will kick in, and he will rampage, probably kill you. Now fight."
I look at Aoi nervously. "Kill me T." He says sadly.
"No. I'm not killing you. We'll find a way to get us both out of here." I walked to the wall where all of the chains were attached to and began pulling at them, trying to pull them off.
"Aoi, help." I said pulling them. He didn't move so I turned around and he stood there completely ghoul. "Aoi." I whispered. I snapped out of my trance and began pulling at them.
"No!" I shouted. He grabbed me by the back of my neck and crushed me into the wall. He pulled me away and threw me onto the ground on my back. I rolled out of the way of his kagune. I wrapped the chains around his kagune and threw him against the wall. I continued to pull at the chains but nothing worked. He grabbed me again and smiled. "Good bye." He whispered. I kicked him in the face and jumped to the ground. He went to stab me but I dodged out of the way. He cut both of my hands off leaving me bleeding everywhere.