chapter 61

I walked into the dark room and fiddled around trying to find the light and yasuna sat in the corner of the room, crying. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I sat down and sighed.
"I don't like seeing you like this." I said looking at her.
"You make me sick." She said quietly.
"I'm sorry, but you don't play ball? Help me and I'll help you. The loneliness is getting to you right?"
"Obviously! You put me in a room with nothing to do and nobody to talk to!"She shouted looking at me.
"Sit down, talk, and I'll let you go outside."
She raised her eyebrow. "What do you mean outside?"
"Outside but in the confinement still. I'll let you talk to other ghouls, keep active and not lonely if you answer some questions for me."
"What do you want to know?" She stood up slowly and sat on the chair in front of me.
"What kind of group were you in?"
"The group I was in was a group looking for our friend that you killed and her niece."
I looked up at the camera in the corner and sighed. "Okay, what would they do to try and find your friend and he niece."
"They'd all willingly die for both of them."
"Why?" I asked confused.
"She wasn't like most people. She was inspirational with each breath she took. She spoke words of wisdom. She was kind and honest and loving and she was our family."
"Family? To all of you?"
"We're all family."
"Bit of a weird thing to call a group."
She smiled and laughed. "Were not a group, were family and friends. It's not like the aogiri, were much worse. They try to avoid death, to get Hinami and taiga, we'd greet death. You have no idea what you've done by taking soji. You hurt him, and nothing will stop them killing every last one of the ccg. They love soji."
"They think you're dead."
"Why would they think that?"
"I took your trackers out and broke yours on the phone to them. I gave them a little performance."
"You're screwed." She shook her head.
"There's no way you're safe now. Anything you do, anywhere you go, they'll follow you. You're screwed now."
"I doubt it." I walked to the door. "For the rest of today, you'll be in here, but for your cooperation I'll put you on the rota for going outside."
I walked out and locked the door. I grabbed my phone and rang akira. "You get anything?" She asked.
"They seem to be severely dedicated to taiga and Hinami. They're a big threat because they don't care about dying or getting hurt just so they can protect their friend."
"Okay. Have you told arima?"
"No. I just got out of the room. I'll call him on the way home."
"I'm sorry your day off was ruined."
"Eh. It's fine. I like work." I laughed and walked to the stair case. I ran downstairs and out of the door. "I'm at the car now, I'll give him a call and ring you back after, just to give you all the details."
"I'll look forward to hearing from you."
I hung the phone up and opened my back next to my car.
I pulled my keys out and went to unlock my car when I dropped them.
"For fuck sake." I sighed. I bent down and picked my keys up, flicking my hair out of my face and looking up. Someone stood behind me holding a syringe and when I saw their reflection I dodged their attack. I turned around and punched them square in the face. He looked at me and cracked his nose into place before smiling.
"Shit." I whispered. He looked at his fist before punching me in the face, now unlike him, I wasn't strong or powerful in the sense that I could heal myself almost instantly, so I hit my car door and slid down on to the ground holding my face. I squoze my eyes closed and grunted. I could feel the blood poor out of my nose like a tap. I opened my eyes to see his hand moving toward me. I took the bloody hand off my nose to try and stop him. He held me by my throat and picked me up before spinning me around and putting me into a choke hold. I jumped up and kicked off my car, banging him into the car behind us. He grabbed the syringe again and stabbed it into my neck, injecting me with something that instantly started putting me to sleep. He let go of me and took a step back, making room for me to fall backwards.
"Miza has plans for you." He said happily.
"Just like I do for you." Someone said from behind my attacker. I heard a crunch and a thud and forced my eyes open.
"You okay?" Haise asked bending down. "I got you." He said smiling. He picked me up and just as he did I blacked out.
I opened my eyes and tried to sit up but the room was spinning and I still felt woozy. It was like I had woken up from an operation. I could barely keep my eyes open, I just kept drifting in and out of conciousness. Trying to sit up and just passing out. I felt sick, groggy and tired until eventually, I managed to wake up. I sat up and scrunched my face up because it felt tight. I looked around and I had no idea where I was, but I knew there was a mirror so I stood up and wobbled over to it. I had huge black bags under my eyes and my nose was red and bruised. I gently touched it before wincing out in pain.
"Just snap it back like in the movies." I said to myself. I put my palms in either side of my nose and snapped it back into place. Now, I can't get across how painful it was. Tears rushed to my eyes, anger and pain surged through my body.
"Mother fucker!" I screamed kicking the cabinet in front of me. My nose began bleeding again so I put my hand under my nostrils trying to keep it from bleeding too much, almost like a plug?
I rubbed the spot I was injected with something on my neck and I felt a small scab. "Fuck." I said nasally.
"You're awake." Someone said. I turned around and haise stood there in a towel wrapped around his waist, revealing his wet, shiny, God like physique.
"And bleeding." He said in shock. He grabbed a box of tissues and led me to the couch. He scrunched two pieces of paper up and stuck them up my nose.
"How did you find me?" I asked confused.
"That's a secret for another day." He smiled.
"You need to get dressed." I said staring at his body.
"Are you uncomfortable?" He said smiling.
I averted my eyes away from his body and looked at his face. "How long was I out for?"
"Three, four hours."
"Hours!" I shouted.
"You were injected with anaesthesia. It was one of miza's many hit men out looking for you. They have to avoid hurting you as much as possible and bring you to her unharmed. They seem to think putting you unconcious is the best way to do that."
"Where are we?" I sled looking around.
"A hotel. I stalled seeing anybody for a while."
"And my car?"
"It's at the house. I brought back for you."
"Erm, thanks?" I said confused.
"Do you want to go home?" He asked.
"I'd like to know how you found me."
"Ginshi and Saiko told me you came here alone so I came after you. I saw what happened and helped."
I nodded and sat back. "Do i look sexy like this?" I asked sarcastically. "I bet you can't take your eyes off me."
I look at him smiling and he's just staring. "What?" I asked, feeling self concious.
"I can never take my eyes off you." He smiled and walked into a room.