chapter 30

"Can everyone hear me?" Itori said through her earpiece.
Everyone answered. "Okay. Are we all in position?" She asked. Everyone answered again. "Let's go."
I turned around and looked at raiden. "You get in and out okay?" Raiden said sadly.
"I'm not gonna die. I got him in there, I have to get him out. We'll be fine." I hugged him and turned around.
"Boost." I said smiling. He lifted me up, and I managed to climb in through the vent.
"Yasuna? Do you copy?" I said holding the button on my earpiece.
"Yes. No need to be so formal. Were not fucking spies. Anyway. You just need to head up. In about a meter you should see a right turning. Crawl down it."
"It stinks in here." I said crawling through.
"What did you expect it to smell of." She said, with a distinctive smile in the tone of her voice.
I turned right and crawled forward when I saw light siting up from one of the bottom panels of the vent. I crawled towards It and looked down.
"Taiga? Hello?" Yasuna said nervously.
I looked down and they had a young girl strapped to a chair.
"Please. You can take whatever you want! I don't need my money!" She cried. I shook my head and continued to crawl through the vent.
"Turn left here."
I crawled down the left turning and saw another grate.
"The grate. Pull it off and jump down. The vent doesn't go over the room they have your friend in."
"So where do I go after this."
"Just get out of the vent and we will cross that bridge when we get to it."
I pulled the grate off and pushed it into the vent, dropping down into the room.
"This is a power room." I said looking around.
"What, really? I didn't know."
"What are you doing?" I asked angrily.
"You need to shut the power off so Itori, ayato, Touka and Nishiki can get in." She said sounding guilty.
"But there's nobody in here?"
"Should make it easy."
"A little too easy." I said looking around. I pulled the power switch down and looked around.
I pressed the earpiece and smiled. "Didn't work."
"Well, pull another switch."
"I can't just go pulling switches!" I said angrily.
"No you can't." I turned around amd a man stood behind me. "Can I not use the toilet without someone trying to break in." He said shaking his head.
"No matter. I'll just kill you." He activated his kagune and jumped towards me. I blocked his attack before punching him in the face.
"Pulling switches doesn't seem so bad now!" I shouted pulling all the switches I could find, until the power eventually shut off. I jumped up, grabbing the open vent, pulling myself up a bit and kicking the guard in the face, smashing him into he wall, knocking him out. I jumped down and dusted myself off.
"Good girl Taiga. To find your friend get out of this little room you're in, and turn left."
I grabbed the flashlight off the guard and walked out, turning left.
"Now where do i go?" I asked anxiously.
"His cell should be the first one to your right."
I turned around and shone the light through the small window.
"Kuraidesu?" I asked.
"Taiga?" He said running over.
"Look, it was all a stitch up. It was part of the plan. We needed to destroy them from the inside and we couldn't send Yuki in."
"I understand just get me out!" He shouted. There was a fire extinguisher on the wall so I grabbed it and sprayed the bolts in the side of the door, hitting them off with the extinguisher after I sprayed them. I then pulled the door off and shone the light at kuraidesu.
"Let's get you out of here." I said pulling him to the power room.
We walked in and I stood against the door.
"People are trying to get in. Climb into the vent." I said taking my earpiece out and handing it to him. "And press the button on the side and have yasuna guide you out."
"Where are you going."
"If i go up the vent they'll air it out. It's too dangerous. I'll find another way out. Just make sure you get out safely." I said holding the door as people tried to get in.
He pulled himself inside the vent and put the cover back. I jumped under the table and hid. Two men walked in and looked around.
"There's someone in here." They said looking around. I felt around for something when I felt a pen. I went to throw the pen when I heard them talking.
"Theyre in the vents. They have five minutes to get out before this place blows up anyway. Leave them."
I gasped and went to hold my earpiece when I realised I gave it to kuraidesu. I threw the pen and they both turned around to the sound. I crawled straight past them out of the room and ran out. I looked around the corner and ran down the corridor.
"Please help me!" Someone shouted. I looked at the door and a little girl started shouting.
"Shhhh." I said running to the door. She was strapped into a chair and I realised she was the girl I saw earlier. I looked around when I saw a guard.
"You dont work here!" He shouted.
He ran over and I spotted the keys.
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Taiga it's me! They're after Itori!"
I turned around.
"Mio?"
"Yeah! Get me out of here!" She shouted.
"I will. Hang in there!" I shouted. I turned around and grabbed the guards head. I snapped his neck instantly and grabbed the keys. I looked at the number on her cell and found the same number on the key. I unlocked her cell door and put her on my back. I ran into a room and looked around.
It was the staff/camera room. I saw on the camera Itori and her little 'squadron' were clearing out.
I found the microphone and pressed the button.
"Itori! There's a bomb! They're after you! They had Mio locked in a cell!" I shouted.
Itori looked around and went to run inside but nishiki dragged her out. Ayato tried to run in but Touka said something to him. He looked around around ran off. I couldn't hear them, but I know Itori was screaming.
"Need something to protect you from the bomb!" I said looking around.
"Let's just get out." She said nervously.
I shook my head sadly.
"I don't know the way out of here. We could get lost. We have about two minutes." I looked around and saw the fridge. I unplugged it and opened the door, ripping everything out of it.
"Get in!" I shouted.
"What?" She asked confused.
"Get in Mio! Your brother means the world to me, and you mean the world to him so get in!"
She climbed in and I went to shut the door when she stopped it.
"What about you?"
"There's not enough room for us both." I smiled sadly. "I'll be here though. Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere." I said smiling. A guard ran in so I activated my kagune and stabbed him.
She closed the door and that's when I bit into the guard. I completely devoured him, knowing it was my only means of survival.