chapter 31

TOUKA'S POV

I grabbed Ayato and pulled him out.
"Get the hell off of me now!" Itori screamed.
"Stop!" Nishiki shouted.
"My little sisters in there! Get off me!" She screamed.
Ayato helped restrain her. Raiden and kuraidesu ran over.
"Itori calm down!" Raiden shouted.
"Mio's in there!" She shouted.
"Why?!"
"Because they want me."
"And taiga is in there. She'll be safe." I said calmly.
"Taiga's in there too?" Raiden said sadly.
"We gotta move or we'll get blown to pieces!" Nishiki said pulling Itori away.
"Mio!" She screamed.
A bunch of people came running out of the building followed by a man in a suit.
"So it worked." The man said dusting himself off. She faught her way out of nishikis grip.
"You got me here. But why?"
"You're a leader of a group. You need to die." He said clicking. Kuraidesu, Raiden, Nishiki, Ayato and I all jumped in front of Itori.
"You have your workers, I have mine."
"Wow. Beautiful and stupid. That's a bad combination." He said shaking his head. Yomo appeared with yasuna and uta.
"You have a strong posse. But Where's your sister." He said smiling. He pulled out a remote. "Oh yeah. All alone in her cell. Waiting for a miracle." He pressed the button and the building exploded.
"No!" Itori screamed. "Kill them!" She shouted. "Kill them all!!!"

I stood staring at Itori licking the blood off of her fingers.
"Shall we look for them?" Raiden asked.
"Look for their remains in the rubble?" Itori said shaking her head. "Go have fun." Uta and Yomo took her aside to calm her down.
"Let's start going through the rubble." Ayato said pulling pieces of rubble away. I helped him, along with yasuna, kuraidesu and raiden.
I pulled a piece of rubble from the centre of the building to reveal a foot. I begin pulling more off when I see a kakuja, slowly turning into normal ghoul form.
"I found Taiga!" I shouted. I pulled the last bit of rubble off her and raiden was the first to run over. "Mio? Where's mio."
"Raiden?" Someone asked. It was muffled and quiet. I picked Taiga's limp body up to reveal her lying on a fridge. Raiden opened it and Mio climbed out.
"Oh my god." He said hugging her crying.
"Taiga saved my life." She said pointing at the fridge. "She told me to get in and then she hugged it."
Raiden moved away and grabbed Taiga's body.
"Are you okay?" He asked sadly.
"Please wake up." He begged.
He picked her up bridal style so I picked up his sister.
"Mio?" Itori asked confused.
"Itori!" She shouted moving away from me and running to her sister. Itori hugged Mio crying before opening her eyes and seeing Taiga's body.
"She saved Mio's life now, I'm saving hers." Raiden said.
"Is she...." Itori questioned.
"...not yet." I answered.
"I know who can save her." He said looking at yasuna.
"No." She said shaking her head. "Don't be stupid!"
"She'll die." He said angrily.
"And if you do this, she'll kill you, then, you'll die."
"I don't care." He said opening a car door and putting Taiga in the back.
"Get to the café now! Help everyone." He shouted getting in the car. Yasuna sighed and got in with them.
"Where are they taking my girlfriend?" Ayato said sadly.
"I don't know." I said confused.
"She's snapped before? Why can't she just wake up, go berserk and come back?" Itori asked holding mio. "At least then she'd be alive."
"We found her in kakuja form, which means she already snapped. She must've eaten someone or something before the building blew up so she could protect your sister." I said looking at her sadly.

Soji's POV

I began pacing up and down my room holding photographs of Taiga. Ones from years ago, when she had red hair.
I put it on the board and shook my hair.
"What is in your genes...." I asked confused. "...my beautiful flame princess." I said turning around. There was a knock on the door followed by insessant knocking and door-bell ringing.
I walked out of the room and locked it before running downstairs. I opened the door and saw Taiga in Raidens arms.
I looked at her, i held back the tears before looking up at raiden.
"Is she dead?" I asked confused.
"Not yet. But you can help her right." He said covered in dirt. His eyes were puffy and red.
"I don't know. I'll try." I said grabbing her out of his arms. I ran down stairs into my secret basement. I put her down on a table and put an oxygen mask on her. I rubbed her forehead and smiled. "She's gonna be just fine." I said moving away. "Her body couldn't take the explosion properly but she's clever. The little binge stunt she pulled before blowing up saved her life." I looked at Raiden and yasuna. "Aside from the master bedroom, all rooms are up for grabs. Find a room and you can stay there for the night. She should be a lot better in the morning."
"We're not staying here with you." Raiden said putting his hand in front of yasuna.
I began laughing as I leant against the bed Taiga was in. "Then come collect your friend in the morning. Your choice. I'm going to sleep because it's late. I recommend you two do the same." I walked towards the door.
"Oh, and raiden. Don't try and take Taiga away because she if something happens to her and I'm not around, she will die. And I'm sure you wouldn't want your best friends blood on your hands would you now?"
"Wait!" Yasuna shouted. "Can you guarantee her safety if we leave or stay?"
"One hundred percent."
"And can Raiden sit by her?"
"If he must."
Yasuna looked at raiden. "I've never slept in a mansion before. Plus, she's in good hands and shes resilient."
Raiden pulled a chair from my desk and put it next to Taiga's bed. He sat down and held her hand.
"Go and sleep yasuna." He said holding her hand to his face. He gently kissed it. "You too soji."
Yasuna ran off excitedly. I walked towards Raiden.
"I'm gonna help Taiga because I owe her for saving my life. Her quick thinking is why I'm still standing, but if you ever bring a person to my house in such a bad state ever again, I will let them die before I kill you." I said before walking away.