chapter 32

I sat up and looked around. "Hello" I shouted. I looked down and I had little sticky circles on me, connecting to a machine to trace my heart. I ripped them off and jumped off the bed I was in. I continued to look around when I found a door. I opened the door which led to some stairs. I walked up the stairs and opened the door at he top of them.
"Hello?" I shouted.
"I can see you're up."
I walked out and saw Sojiro sitting at the table drinking a coffee.
"Where's mio and raiden and-"
"Everyone is safe and raiden and yasuna are upstairs sleeping. They refused to leave you because they were scared you weren't going to wake up." He put the mug down and smiled. "Do you know why you couldn't regenerate properly?" I shook my head as I sat down. "Because all your Rc cells were used up to make you a kakuja just as they were needed to heal you. So, you took longer to heal."
"How did you save me? You didn't inject me with that stuff you did Aoi?"
"Don't be stupid. I'd never do that to someone I like. I just in injected you with Rc cells. You seemed to have made a full recovery." He said smiling.
"Are you like some weird ghoul, sciencey mastermind?"
"Guess you could say that."
"How did you get to become so clever."
"How did you get to become so strong."
"Why do you answer a question with a question?"
"Why are providing me with questions to question?"
I shook my head, trying not to smile. I took his coffe cup and took a sip.
"Holy shit." I said cringing. "This is vile." I pushed it towards him. "You wanna know how to make something that actually won't kill the unfortunate drinker?" I said standing up.
"Go ahead." He said pointing at the counter. I smiled and made us both a coffee.
"Wow." He said taking a sip. "This is pretty good."
"I know. That's why I told you I was good. I don't lie soji."
"Wow. You're not modest either. You sure like to toot your own horn."
"Like a mother fucking Orchestra." I said flipping my hair over my shoulder.
"Why have you woken up in such a good mood."
"I honestly don't know. Mind if I go check on Raiden?"
"Think that might be a good idea actually. He was pretty shaken up at the thought of losing you. Passed out last night from exhaustion. He tried keeping himself awake so he didn't miss anything. He stayed by your bedside for a while but he needed sleep."
"Show me where he is please." I said standing up slowly.
He nodded and led me up the stairs. He opened a door to reveal raiden sitting up, asleep.
"I'll be downstairs."Soji said walking out. I closed the door behind me and sat next to Raiden. I gently began poking his face when he began to open his eyes. He looked at me in shock, before smiling. "Am I dreaming."
I chuckled. "No. Soji told me you were really upset." I said sighing. His eyes began to fill with tears. He then lunged at me, causing me to fall backwards in to the bed, him on top of me, hugging me.
"Raiden?" I said rubbing his back smiling.
"I-i-i I thought y-yo-you were-"
"-it's okay. Seriously. I'm okay. I'm not going to die. I promise."
"DON'T SAY THAT!" He shouted crying.
"Why?"
"You didn't see you, being pulled from the rubble. I held your cold, limp body in my arms! I sat by your body all night before soji told me I needed sleep! You reached your limit Taiga. Next time you won't be so lucky! Next time you will die and I can't lose you!"
"Raiden." I said sitting up, moving away from his grasp on me.
"I won't die. This proves it. I can't die! I saved your sister with my quick thinking and not to mention myself! I'm clever and I'm strong-"
"It's luck, not skill, taiga, and eventually your luck will run out. Think about us instead of yourself!" He shouted.
"You're okay!" Yasuna said from behind us. I turned around and saw her stood in the door way smiling. She walked in and hugged me.
"Think about what I said." Raiden said before walking out.
"I heard things getting a little heated so I walked in. I knew you'd be okay, but raiden; this fucked him up Taiga. I've never seen any thing like it. He was worse then you were When Akio died. The guy is madly in love with you, and in all fairness, where's Ayato when you need him?"
"He's probably at home worrying."
"Or sleeping carelessly. I'm not always wrong, that is a rare occurrence, and believe me when I say, Ayato isn't the one for you. Raiden is, and you'll be damned if you let him forget that you're the one for him."
"I don't think of him like that."
"You don't, because you feel like you can't. People judge you based on your bi-polar attitude towards boys, so you are staying with ayato, building a life with him, even though Raiden is clearly meant to be with you, not Ayato."
"I love Ayato."
"You may be able to fool everyone else, but I see right through your actions."
"I appreciate that you're trying to help but stop. This isn't true!" I shouted.
"Go out there and look at who is here. Raiden. I don't see Ayato anywhere!"
"Will you stop."
She gasped. "You're not in love with Ayato, but you're not in love with raiden either." She looked at me wide eyed. "Soji?" She whispered.
"No. Ayato." I whispered back. I moved away and walked outside to see soji at the top of the stairs.
"I remembered because I'm a stalker that a little friend of yours will be appearing outside the café in about thirty minutes."
"Kaneki!" I shouted in shock.
"Wig and some clothes in the bedroom next to the one raiden stayed in."
"Why are you telling me this Sojiro? What's your alterior motive?"
"Your happiness?"
"No really."
"I honestly don't have one. I just don't want him to go in the café and see anybody that he knows are ghouls. I care about you and I don't want you to be upset."
"I suppose that's borderline believable."
"A thank you will be nice."
"Oh. Thank you sojiro. I owe you." I smiled and ran off.