chapter 12

I couldn't sleep, so I tip toed downstairs when I could see Touka and Soji. I crept behind the counter and watched them.
"Who are you spying on?" Raiden asked. I grabbed him and pulled him down.
"I can trust you. So, he's a psycho. He injected Aoi with this experiment he's working on and put me and aoi in a room together, battle to the death only to save him. Then, to make it up to me, he gave my Ryouko's kagune in them briefcases. He's a psycho."
"Touka likes him."
"Well, he's only doing this to annoy me."
"What?"
"Yeah. He has a weird fascination with me."
"That's low. He might just like her."
"But he doesnt!" I shouted.
Touka and soji looked at the café so I stood up waving. She smiled and walked away.
"I'm gonna talk to him." I said walking towards the door.
"Don't." Raiden said grabbing my arm. I pulled away and walked past touka outside.
"Why are you doing this?"
"To get at you." He said calmly.
"Huh."
"You knew my intentions for taking her out, right?"
"Yeah I just didn't think you'd be so honest."
"I'm an honest guy, to you. I want you. But not as a girlfriend like most boys do. As a pet, or body guard and you won't come willingly, I need leverage."
"That's all she is to you? Leverage?"
"Uhm, yeah." He smiled. "I need you."
He smiled and looked up. "Seriously? Don't be such a bitch. She's your friend. I like her because she's beautiful and funny."
I turned around and Touka and raiden stood there.
"Can't stand it when someone new around here isn't attracted to you hey?" Touka said angrily. She stormed off and raiden shook his head at me before walking away, chasing after her.
"What are you doing?" I said angrily.
"I'm imprinting. Touka is already falling for me." He smirked before climbing in the car. "You can't kill me because they'll all hate you." He waved before driving away.
I sighed and walked inside and ran up the stairs.
Raiden and touka were cuddling on the stairs.
"Look touka-"
"-no. Kaneki was lucky. He got away." She stood up and ran upstairs. Raiden shook his head and went after her. "Fuck." I said walking inside. I began crying when a light switched on. I looked up and Ayato stood there. "I came to talk and when I came, you were gone."
I wiped my face and nodded. "I'm fine."
"No you're not. Just tell me what's up."
"The guy Touka is talking to is psychotic but you're not gonna believe me. Raiden doesn't even believe me." I said angrily. He walked over and wrapped his arms around me.
"I believe you." He said swaying. "He gives me a weird vibe. I believe you." He kissed my head and moved away.
"You're not just saying that because you want me back."
He shook his head. "She's my sister. I love her and my brother defense has gone up. I'm an ass, I can tell when someone's being a ass. She won't believe me cause she's smitten, but we'll take him down."
I moved away. "Do you really think I'm a psycho?"
"Yes. But you need someone as equally psychotic."
I look up and smile. "And you're stepping up to that role?" I ask.
"Yes." He smiled and took my hand.
"I want to drive you some where."
"Now?"
"Yeah. Come on."
He grabbed his scarf and went to tie it around my eyes.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Just trust me."
And I did. I let him guide me to the car and drive me some where. I let him carefully take me out of the car and pull the blindfold off.
"Why are we here?" I asked smiling.
"I want to show you something."
He got on his knees and pulled out something and unlocked the door. "The alarms are disabled don't worry." He took my hand and pulled me further into Akios mansion.
"This was the place I fell in love with you. When I walked into this room and saw your smile and your hair and your huge eyes." He let out a sigh. "I realised then, I was in love with you." He took me into his arms and began dancing around with me. I giggled and pulled away. "I told you here that I could see Raiden being my best friend. I also saw kaneki here."
"I get that you love him, but I don't mind settling."
"No. I was with Takasu as a rebound. I never really lived him, but I cared about him and kaneki left me again. When he left me, you swooped in again. That's when I realised that even though your psychotic tendancies include you being an ass sometimes whereas mine involve me eating people or ghouls and going kuckoo, I love you. You're good for me. I'm not going to lie, I loved kaneki so much it hurt, but love shouldn't hurt."
"If you died I'd hurt."
"But that's losing me, not losing love. With kaneki It hurt to love him because it wasn't a consistent love. I didn't know where I stood. I was so confused and frustrated all the time. Plus I haven't seen him in months like when we moved here in the first place."
"Last time that happened you broke up with me and got engaged with him."
I walked towards Ayato and grabbed his hand. "I haven't been stable. I'm sorry because it's made you suffer. I'm here now. I'm in it for keeps. Not a few months, I want a lifetime."
"You're not just saying this?"
I took a deep breath and shook my head. "No. I mean it Ayato. I really do."
"So, we okay?"
"Yes. But we need to agree that if one of us is about to snap, we support one and other right?"
"Right." He pulled me close amd smiled. "I could take you right here and now."
He smiled down at me. "That's poetic." I blushed. "Consumating our love in the place we realised we were actually in love."
He ticked my hair behind ny ear and kissed my cheek. He slowly moved down to my neck and began kissing me.
I pulled away and ripped his jacket off. He looked at me and smiled. "Your sure?"
I smiled. "I've never been more sure."