chapter 47

HINAMI'S POV
"Let go of me!" I screamed as taiga was dragged away. "Taiga no!" I cried. Haise held me back, shaking as he did.
"She's going to die!" I said crying.
"Come on." He said standing up weakly.
"Where?" I ask looking up.
"Get you out of here." He held my hand and walked out.
"Haise!" A woman shouted. She saw me and gasped. Her nose was bleeding so it looked broken, but all in all she looked at me viciously.
"Oh no." He whispered. "I'll bring her!" He shouted picking me up.
"What are you doing?" I asked confused.
"She blames you for killing her father. I'll keep you safe but you'll have to come with me."
"I trust you." I whisper.

A few hours later, I was sat in the ghoul detention centre, dressed in a long white dress, in a room all by myself. All I can think about is if taiga is okay and if she's worrying about me. I feel awful that I let kaneki take me, but he's still my big brother. There was a loud noise and my door opened. Haise walked in and sat on the chair in front of me. He put several books on the ground.
"I've convinced everyone you're very informative so they're not going to kill you. You're safe here."
"Thank you big brother."
"I'm not your big brother." He said awkwardly. "I'm a completely different person to this...kaneki."
"Maybe, but the way you're worrying about me, bringing me books, and holding me back to protect me is the same." He looks at me and sighs.
"Taiga, my aunt, she loves you. You might not be the same person but she is. How would you feel if the love of your life, forgot you, and then hated everything about you. After hide died, you lost yourself slowly."
"Taiga mentioned him."
"You had a tough life as a child, your mum died, you went on to live with your aunt but because you were smarter then your cousin, she resented you. You were neglected and abused and then you found hide, more like he found you." I laughed and looked at kanekis growing frustration. "What's wrong?"
"I'm worried about taiga." He whispered, almost like he was ashamed of it.
"Maybe you remember more then you think you do."
"What's she like?" He asked looking intrigued.
"Hot headed, stupid because she risks her life all the time. Arrogant, but loving. Sorta like a tsundere."
"And how long did I love her for?"
"Since the minute you met her."
"And how did I meet her?"
"She weaned herself of eating humans because she isn't evil and she felt as though she was killing too many people. She left her friend for a while, the one that got her mixed in some bad choices and then my mum died, her sister, so she came back but she hadn't eaten in days and a bunch of cannibals attacked her, but you saved her and carried her back to Anteiku."
"So she was kind?"
"She saved a boy from you that she has no idea about because he was injured. She also saved a human called kaito from a ghoul, even though he hated ghouls himself, and he fell in love with her. You two broke up then, but you loved her, and you hated him."
"I just feel betrayed. She lied to me. Told me she was human and-"
"-She has this ability where she gets a feeling about something. She had a feeling you were to forget her so she made a scrap book of all of your memories together. Letters you wrote her, pictures with everybody."
"Everybody?"
"The staff at Anteiku. The people that accepted you no matter what. Me, and some others that I can't name because you'll probably imprison them too."
"I did it to try and help you."
"I know." I said smiling up at him.
he shook his head.
"This is so bad for my job."
"What? Being nice to a ghoul."
"No. Being in love with one."

SOJI'S POV
"Miza!" I screamed. Kinshiro grabbed me and held a knife to my neck just as miza ran in.
"Put him down, now." She said angrily.
I elbowed him so he let go of me. I pulled my hands apart breaking the handcuffs and grabbed Taiga's body.
"Kill him. Kill everybody here." Miza ordered. I ran over to her and handed her Taiga's body.
"Who do you have and where are they?" I asked running over to Kinshiro.
"I don't know his name. He's her friend."
"She doesn't have any friends with blonde hair."
He led over a key card and smiled. "Oh really?"
I picked the key card up and told her man to grab him.
"What are you doing?" Miza asked holding Taiga's bloody body.
"Her friend is in here somewhere. If i have any chance of bringing her back I need him. If Kinshiro isn't lying."
"Bring her back?"
"She isn't completely dead, but he got into her head. He did exactly what he set out to do." I turned around to face Kinshiro. I grabbed him and told Miza's men to standby.
"Show me to the room where her friend is right now!" I said angrily.
"You think I will do anything for you?"
"You will If i spare your life."
"Sojiro!" Miza shouted.
"Shush." I said looking up at her.
"Fine. Follow me." He said walking off. He led me to a room and snatched the key card off of me. He unlocked the door and walked inside.
There were two rooms. One with frosted glass windows and one with a bed. I threw him to Miza's men and kicked the door down. Nobody was in the frosted glass room.
"I didn't do anything." Someone said sounding terrified.
I turned around and gasped. "Oh my God."
"Can you let me go now!" Kinshiro begged.
"Kill him." I ordered.
"You said-"
"-I lied." I looked at the boy and waved him out of the room.
"Is that..."
"Yeah." I answered pulling him out and one of Miza's men pulled Kinshiro's head off.