chapter 40

I wiped my face and looked around at the four dead ghouls. Haise was still lying on the ground screaming so I walked over to him, pulled him up and slapped him accross the face.
"Get it together! I didn't say that speech so you could not take in anything I said! Help your friends."
He looked at me and his eyes turned.
"I should, by killing every ghoul in this place."
"Exactly!" I shouted standing up. I turned my back, looking for soji when I felt something. I looked down and haise's kagune was through me.
"I mean every ghoul."
He pulled it out of me so I dropped to my knees. I began laughing and stood up, turning around.
"You think you can hurt me." I asked as I healed up completely. "I can help you and your friends? I'm the strongest one here."
"You think you can beat me?"
"I know I can." I said putting my hands on either side of his face. "I want to help you. Let's go and find your friends." I said walking away. I ran up the stairs and began looking for soji.
"Soji!" I shouted.
"Run!" He screamed before there was a thud. I followed the noise into a room. Soji and the mysterious leader guy were fighting and they both looked evenly banged up.
"Your girlfriend is here to help." The man said laughing.
"Why do you want Yuki. Why are you after him?"
"You already know the answer to that." He said smirking.
I ran at him but soji ran at me and held me back. "Don't." He said nervously. "He's too strong."
"Not for me. I just ate." I went for the man and he pulled out a clear bag. He threw It at me and laughed.
"I'll trade you."
I looked at the bag confused. "I dont get it."
"You will." He waved and ran away. I went to run after him but soji grabbed me.
"We have to get back to Yuki!" He shouted.
"We have to kill that bastard!"
"No we have to go now!" He said pulling me off with him. I tucked the plastic bag into my pocket and grabbed soji's hand. We ran downstairs and as I ran out, haise and Saiko ran out.
"Anyone else you know in there?" I asked.
"No!" Haise shouted.
"Get him to the ccg headquarters! I ripped him apart, they're gonna have to fix his kagune." I then ran off. I didn't stop running until I got to the café. I ran inside and upstairs.
"Hinami Where's raiden?" I asked panting.
She stoop up slowly closing the book she was reading to Yuki. "What happened?" She asked walking over.
"Where is he!" I shouted.
"He left." She said nervously. "What's happening?"
"Pack a suitcase both of you. Just take the necessities." I said pulling out a suitcase from underneath my bed. I opened it up as Hinami did the same for her and Yuki. I threw cloths and pictures in and grabbed the scrapbook. I tossed it in and zipped it up.
"Cars loaded. We need to stop off at mine on the way, Raiden and Ayato went out looking for you."
"How do you know?" I asked putting my ready suitcase on the floor.
"Theyre not here and there's a note." He said helping Yuki.
Hinami put her suitcase with mine, all her pictures packed away.
"You're not coming with us soji."
"I have a place up in the 18th ward."
"How do you?" I asked confused.
he sighed. "My sister is there. Shes in the aogiri as an excecutive and she runs a gang."
"She what?" I asked confused.
"Her name is miza."
"And you expect me to be okay with that?"
"She's very strong." He said picking up two suitcases. I picked up the last one and put them into the car.
"Where are you going?" Touka shouted running out.
"Look, yuki is in danger and now me and-"
"-you're leaving again?"
"We have no choice. They'll kill all of us."
"There's always a choice taiga!" She shouted.
"What is it?" Soji asked running over.
"You're going too?" She asked in shock.
"We have to touka! There's no choice."
"There's always a choice." She repeated.
"I'm sorry." I said getting into the car. Soji started the car and drove the opposite way to his house.
"What about your house?"
"No time." He said driving away.
I looked up as we drove past Ayato. "Taiga!" He shouted.
Raiden ran in front of the car so soji swerved out of the way.
"What the hell are you doing!" I shouted from inside the car.
"We gotta go taiga!" He shouted.
Soji drove off as Ayato and raiden attempted to chase after us.
"Call yasuna." He said giving me his phone.
"Why?" I asked confused.
"She knows a ghoul and we need her."
"What ghoul?"
"Ask her for the nutcracker. She owes me."
I sighed and dialed her number.
"Hello?" She asked.
"Hey I've not got much time but you need to come to the 18th ward and bring the nutcracker."
"You're joking right?" She asked laughing.
"No. I'm being deadly serious."
"Look, I'm not bringing her. Trust me, she's dangerous."
"But she can help me keep Yuki safe right? I'm guessing that's why soji suggested her?"
"Yeah she can but-"
"-but nothing. Please just come to the 18th ward."
"Fine but please, don't get muddled up with her, she's bad news."
"Whatever yasuna just do it!" I hung up and nodded at soji.
"Right, go on my contacts and call miza. Tell her I need her help."
I dialed her and she picked up straight away.
"I'm busy what do you want." She said, very straight forward.
"Soji told me to tell you he needs help."
"Who is this?"
"My name is taiga and we're in danger. We got muddled in a lot of trouble and we need protection."
"It's he on his way?"
"We all are."
"All?"
"My family."
"How many?"
"There's four of us."
"Fine, but I know your strengths so you're working with me."
"You're an executive in the aogiri right?"
"Yeah. You were too which is good. You're respected within the ghoul community. You're In the clowns now right?"
"Sorta."
"Okay. I'll see you all when you arrive here."