chapter 46

"Do you feel remorse for the fallen." He asked playing with his knife.
"What do you mean the fallen?"
"Like, Aoi, Kaito, Takasu... I mean, they all died for your sake?"
"Only kaito. Takasu and aoi died, but it wasn't my fault."
"So you don't hate soji for killing Aoi?"
"Aoi died before soji got to him."
"How so?"
"His best friend died. His life ended when Takasu was taken."
He smiled. "How does it feel to be worshipped by so many different people? Men and women."
"No women worship me."
"I beg to differ. Nutcracker wanted to be you the minute she met you, I'm just sorry you had to watch her die."
"How did you..."
"I have eyes everywhere my sweetie. Now my question?"
"What is the point in all of these? What are you accomplishing by asking me these questions?"
"Like I said, I'm opening you up. When you're open and weak enough, I'll be able to get inside your head."
"Why do you want to get in my head?"
"So you can join me. That why I wanted Yuki. I want strong people. When I torture you, mentally and physically by bringing up the past and hurting you, eventually there will be an opening where I can get inside and change you. You'll be stronger then any ghoul, ruthless and amazing."
"I'll never join you."
"We'll see." He said smiling. He dug the knife into my forehead and dragged in down the side of my face.
"Stop asking questions." He moved away and sat back down.
"How's your sister?"
I looked up. "Don't." I said weakly.
"She would be alive if it wasn't for Rize? If she never introduced you to binge eating, you'd have been with the fuegechi family when they were attacked and you could have saved them."
"Stop."
"It seems like anybody that knows you dies."
"I said stop!" I shouted.
"Yes! This is what I want!"
He clicked his fingers and a door opened. Four men dragged a screaming boy inside and put him on the ground.
They pulled the sheet off of him.
"Soji." I said trying to get out of the chair.
"Both of you are pissing me off. Everytime soji does something, I'll hurt taiga, and vice versa. Okay?"
"You slimy bastard! Don't touch her." Soji shouted. He laughed and stabbed my hand. I began screaming as he dragged it out.
"Stop please!" He begged.
"Taiga. How did it feel to watch hide being carried through the street dead?"
I started to cry. "It was awful. He was dead and I couldn't help him. He was added to the list of people I lost."
"Getting somewhere now." He said amused by my answer.
"Please, just stop." I begged, looking down.
"Taiga, don't let him in!" Soji shouted.
"I warned you." He said standing up. He put his hand on the top of my head and apologised before stabbing me.
"Stop!" Soji cried, so Kinshiro stabbed me again.
"Will you be quiet now?" He asked turning around.
Soji looked at me in horror. He was watching someone he cared about, someone he thought was strong, break like a thin sheet of glass. I was slowly disappearing. The only thing that kept me hanging on was the thought of losing everyone like kaneki did, but I was starting to think, I don't care anymore. I don't care about leaving everyone, if this pain stopped I could leave and never look back, and I had realised, I've already lost myself.
I closed my eyes and when I opened they Ryouko was there.
She crouched down next to me and held my hand.
"You are strong little sister, but you don't have to be so strong anymore. Just let go." She moved way and stood up. She held her hand out and walked backwards. "Join me. Come on."
"What about Hinami?"
"She has a lot of people to help her. Just come with me. You've fought long and hard now, and you don't have to anymore."
"Don't!" Someone shouted. I turned around and kaito stood there.
"Kaito." I whispered.
"I told you when it was your time we could spend former with eachother in the afterlife, but you're not dead."
"I have a choice..."
"Yes." He said holding his hand out. "You're dying, but you're not dead. Take my hand and fight!"
"If you go with him you'll never be the same taiga!" Ryouko shouted. "Make the right choice." She begged. I stood up slowly and looked down at myself. I had my flame coloured hair again, I was unharmed and clean, in a nice white dress...

SOJI'S POV
I sat in a room near Taiga, listening to her scream over and over again, but I couldn't do anything.
"You have to let me help her!" I shouted.
"Look." A man said getting on his knees. "She nearly died a bit ago, I saw the tracker. You'll be fine soon."
"What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"You both swallowed trackers? I had to take hers out when I took the bullets out but she's going to be okay."
"Listen to her! She's begging him to stop! She's not okay! I have to help her. Please." I begged. Three more men walked into the room and picked me up. The man nodded and helped carry me into the room Taiga was in.
"Both of you are pissing me off. Everytime soji does something, I'll hurt taiga, and vice versa. Okay?" Kinshiro said smiling.
"You slimy bastard! Don't touch her." I shouted. He laughed and stabbed her hand. Her face was pale and practically lifeless. Her eyes were filled with pain as he dragged the knife through her hand.
"Stop please!" I begged.
"Taiga. How did it feel to watch hide being carried through the street dead?"
She started to cry which pulled at my heartstrings, I've never seen her this weak and defenseless. "It was awful. He was dead and I couldn't help him. He was added to the list of people I lost."
"Getting somewhere now." He said amused by the answer she provided.
"Please, just stop." She begged, looking down.
"Taiga, don't let him in!" I shouted.
"I warned you." He said standing up. He put his hand in the top of her head and apologised before stabbing her.
"Stop!" I cried, so Kinshiro stabbed her again.
"Will you be quiet now?" He asked turning around.
I nodded, without taking my eyes off of taiga. She had a gash on the side of her face, her hand was cut open, she had multiple stab and gunshot wounds and there wasn't a thing I could do. I was practically useless.
"Now. How do you feel about kaneki leaving you? Dumping you, calling off the wedding?" He asked walked around to her.
"Don't ignore me!" He shouted, as her head remained looking down.
He shook his head and stabbed her but not a single nose came out of her mouth.
"No." I whispered.
"Taiga." He asked poking her with a knife.
"No!" I screamed.
"Shut up!" Kinshiro shouted anxiously.
He put his fingers on her neck and stumbled backwards.
"Fix her!" He shouted to the man that spoke to me before.
"I can't revive the dead." He said sadly.
"No!" I shouted. "You killed her!" I screamed.
"Sir!" Someone shouted.
"What!" He screamed.
"Someone's attempting to break in."
I looked at Kinshiro and laughed. "My sister's here and you best believe she brought reinforcements."
"How did she find you?"
"Trackers! Me and taiga swallowed them!" I shouted laughing.